Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Repulsor Variants

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
627 replies to this topic

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts

Stormfang gunship vs stormwolf, is what 20 points difference. But when you are talking about a thunderhawk is battlefield roll Flyer nor keyword fly. while a Falcon (122) vs Waveserpent  (139) is a better comparison.

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,183 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
Thawk is battlefield role LoW fyi.

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts

Thawk is battlefield role LoW fyi.

My point is that it still has Supersonic and Hover which makes a world of difference compared to keyword fly. 

• Dracos and Interrogator Stobz like this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

Anyone has any insight of what the big cannon will do?

Not really.
In the Imperial Armour index for Astra Militarum we have the "Heavy Laser Destroyer Array" which is basicaly 1d3 Lascannon shots but we also have the "Laser Destroyer" which is a single S12 AP-4 D1d6 shot that can increase its damage to 2d6 or 3d6 based on a 1d6 roll.

This is pure guesswork but I’m expecting it to be closer to the neutron laser on dunecrawlers. Possibly with some bonus against vehicle targets like reroll wounds of 1 or keeping the minimum damage roll.
  • Fulkes likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

Anyone has any insight of what the big cannon will do?

Not really.
In the Imperial Armour index for Astra Militarum we have the "Heavy Laser Destroyer Array" which is basicaly 1d3 Lascannon shots but we also have the "Laser Destroyer" which is a single S12 AP-4 D1d6 shot that can increase its damage to 2d6 or 3d6 based on a 1d6 roll.

This is pure guesswork but I’m expecting it to be closer to the neutron laser on dunecrawlers. Possibly with some bonus against vehicle targets like reroll wounds of 1 or keeping the minimum damage roll.

Same, my guess a couple of pages back was "I would think the heavy las destroyer is basically an upgunned neutron laser. Maybe Heavy 3 60" S10 AP-4 D6 damage (minimum of 3)"

That'd be a real tasty profile. It'd obviously be way better than a single macro plasma incinerator, but I'm assuming that's the cheapo option. The plasma variant is still so underwhelming to me, d6 shots on the marquee gun of a gunboat is just not appealing IMO, unless we're talking about way stronger shots.

• Fulkes and MARK0SIAN like this

autek mor

autek mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

needs more invul save.

• point_Zer0 and Maritn like this

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,408 posts
I like symmetry, and while this is cool, I think it would look 1000x better if they were twin mega lasacannon/macroplasma/onslaughts on the turret. That would be amazing.

Edit: only got to page 2 before commenting, seems like others had the same idea. the twin las turret looks boss. I don't know how GW didn't see that.

Edited by Xenith, 12 May 2019 - 11:58 AM.

• Dracos, point_Zer0 and Subtleknife like this

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,408 posts

Ahhh I see, sorry for the confusion.

My first thought was if you would replace the heavy onslaught cannon with another laser destroyer to make it double barrelled, you'd get a grav version of the apocalypse tank from red alert 2.

Courtesy of Gael Knight over on dakkadakka. It looks a million times better

sml_gallery_104745_15451_52212.jpg 

Like, I want to buy that. It looks like a mini hover Fellblade/Falchion.

Edited by Xenith, 13 May 2019 - 06:40 AM.

• Sandlemad and WolfLogic like this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,292 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

Honest question, why do people think the transport capacity is what makes it so expensive? I really don't get it.
Firstly we never ever got any points values for transport capacity for anything in 8th edition so far and secondly just look at your Codex. A Predator with Twin-Las costs 130p. Razorback with Twin-Las costs 110p. The difference is +1W for the Predator and the transport capacity for the Razorback. So unless the +1W costs 20p plus however many points the transport capacity adds it really doesn't matter. Like at all.

I’m one of the people upset that it has a transport capacity. I’m honestly working off assumptions here that it would be cheaper without the transport capacity.

Second reason I don’t like the transport capacity. The M1A1 Abrams is currently the best main battle tank in the world. It has zero transport capacity.

Third, I’m actually disappointed to hear that the Razorback and predator with same loadout are so similar in cost. I suppose you could say that there is an additional cost on the predator for the ability to place sponsons, and that alone is probably why it couldn’t fit transport.

Four, good point on “what would we transport” hopefully we get something that wants to close the distance. I guess I just wanted to be able to put intercessors (who have a better gun than infiltrators) on objectives further away.

Five. I’m still going to buy one or two. I’m just upset that it’s “slightly” different. Different enough it probably could have a different name honestly. I’m also mad it’s soo costly that owning three is probably a waste of money.
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,292 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal
This needs to be said, the new turret is a billion times better than the old.
  • Triszin likes this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,852 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
Right now Primaris dont have a unit that needs a transport and with that in mind I can see how this tank fits into the current range, you put a 5 man hellvblaster or aggressor squad and keep them safe inside and you pull them out to fire, after that you can move the tank backwards if you want.

I dont like it because this WILL cost the same as a cheap knight, a repulsor is close enough in points to that, so this better pack a considerable punch otherwise I personally cant see it fit too many generic lists, in my own lists Im already scrambling for points since primaris battallion is almost 800pts, some decent support and it can get close to 2000pts very fast. At least the 2-3 Repulsor list just got a bit better.
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,571 posts
Originally thought it was a different hull given the gap above the doors being gone, but a look at the kit up close shows it is just a replacement piece.
D6SB2EqXsAAq-yJ.jpg

It looks like it is part of the turret housing piece.

59907319_10158468526923327_6493741658197

Edited by Lemondish, 12 May 2019 - 03:09 PM.

• Brother Adelard likes this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 942 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights
They could’ve done something like the laser destroyer variant having no transport capacity ( say the ammo, conduits etc take up the room) and then have the plasma variant, which will most likely have a shorter range, have the modest transport capacity as a small squad will be much more beneficial when up close. Adjust points accordingly.

Now I think of it, we’re going to once again be paying for the take all comers aspects of our tanks as I can’t see that onslaught cannon being 48+ like the heavy laser. Which means if you’re hanging back in an anti-tank role you won’t be using the onslaught super effectively - but you’re still paying the premium for it.

For once I’d like a vehicle that can bring everything to bare in a set range. Almost as if we had predators not long ago.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,571 posts

They could’ve done something like the laser destroyer variant having no transport capacity ( say the ammo, conduits etc take up the room) and then have the plasma variant, which will most likely have a shorter range, have the modest transport capacity as a small squad will be much more beneficial when up close. Adjust points accordingly.

Now I think of it, we’re going to once again be paying for the take all comers aspects of our tanks as I can’t see that onslaught cannon being 48+ like the heavy laser. Which means if you’re hanging back in an anti-tank role you won’t be using the onslaught super effectively - but you’re still paying the premium for it.

For once I’d like a vehicle that can bring everything to bare in a set range. Almost as if we had predators not long ago.

It looks like the heavy onslaught on the current ones - so probably 30".

But I don't know if I'd actually want a gunline tank. I mean, we already have access to those. A mobile, fly equipped platform that can engage a variety of targets sounds cooler to me. After all, the targets you tend to want to reach out and touch with AT weapons often don't benefit from the strengths the Repulsor chassis gives you - fly, protection from being charged, and power of the machine spirit. This guy can contribute to screen clearing and tank hunting, and doesn't need to stay at the other end of the board to be effective at it.
  • Panzer likes this

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

Put  unit of 5 hellblasters in and run it up a flank to seize and objective or a good firing line.  Stop, debus and fire at stuff.   You have the ability to engage targets on the way in, and contest objectives or just shooty stuff.  Yes its likely a hefty points tag, but with apoc coming again theres going to be a place for it.  Even in standard 40k games there will be those who make narrative lists around it and who can make it work. 

Me...I think it looks good and has guns.....I'm happy.

• ShibeKing likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,225 posts
Looks like you could just get the upgrade sprue and switch in on the old repulsors. However, one of the new ones plus a pair of old gives a nice sense of squadron I guess.
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts

Thing that concerns me looking at that sprue is that there doesn't appear to be many options to swap weapons. Can't see another Mini Gatling cannon, a twin lascannon, other storm bolters so what you've seen is mostly what you get. It's such a mish mash of weapons that doesn't work well together IMO.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts
I actually like the weapon loadout as long as the heavy laser destroyer lives up to the name.

As it looks like you can leave a bunch of weapons off to save on points the heavy lifting anti infantry duty can be left to regular repulsors.

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts
Well I will take two of those, one for my son and one for me :-)

Must build my repulsor at some point lol
  • Dracos likes this

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

As long as the Heavy Laser Destroyer is better than 4 Lascannons I'm fine with not having any Lascannon options to replace the Heavy Bolters and HOC with. If it is worse than 4 Lascannons and I can't replace the Heavy Bolters and HOC with Lascannons then ironically it'll end up being more of an anti-infantry tank compared to the regular Repulsor despite having the big anti-tank main cannon lol

(or better than 2 and only being able to replace either the Heavy Bolters or the HOC with a Twin-Lascannon or a Lastalon obviously)

As for the Plasma variant...I really don't care. There already are so many ways to get plasma in a Primaris list and the Suppressors cover about the same targets with their Accelerator Autocannons just at much longer ranger (Hellblaster have to be in Rapid fire range to compete with them for example).

Edited by sfPanzer, 12 May 2019 - 04:49 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists, Blood Angels
I guess GW was like "We need to sell more repulsor kits!"

something about this being an alternative sprue being shoved in the box comes off as lazy and infuriating.

Either they didn't know that Primaris needed more ways to engage armor during the early design days or they did and held back. Which going by the voxcast with jes goodwin I'm going with the later.
  • Subtleknife and WolfLogic like this

gallery_48988_15465_10130.png gallery_45765_11565_21922.png

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,389 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

One Repulsor cost basically the same as 2 Predator Annihilators and a Rhino.  The question was asked why the need for a cheap fast transport. Infiltrators are as vulnerable as Intercessors with a lesser weapon and it would be nice to "Blackhawk" in a few of our cheapest ObSec units into the opponents backfield. Everything in the Primaris army is expensive. It would be nice to take the cheapest options and be able to move them quickly for battlefield control to be competitive. Thats not going to happen with any of these versions of the Primaris Land Raider. 

If the game designers actually listened to players they'd know that doubling up on the big gun options at the cost of transportation would make the Repulsor a bigger seller than it is now. One photoshop picture and you have even Primaris opponents perking up to how cool it looked. I might nor like what is offered now but I hold out hope they eventually will get it. Until then my Xiphons will continue to be fitted for Primaris pilots ;)

• WolfLogic likes this

Hope is a moment now long past, the Shadow of Death is the one I cast

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.pnggallery_48988_10069_135.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9eRaven Guard : 9 - 1

PL Crusade : 6 - 5 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,642 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Oracles
I'd be more interested in either variant if it didn't look like it got rolled around in the bitz box after being built, and ALSO didn't require like 6 different weapon profiles to shoot.
One or the other GW, come on.
Stapling storm bolters all over the thing would still look bad, but at least it wouldn't be a pain to roll.

Being able to double up the same weapon on the turret would've helped immensely.
Double gatling for pure anti infantry (not that primaris really need it), double plasma for, well, more plasma, or double huge gun for tank hunting.

Having a bunch of short range anti infantry firepower next to a presumably long range anti tank gun always seems kinda dumb.

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

Knowledge is a power as lethal as any blade, as much to the wielder as to his foe. Wield it well, in the Emperor’s name. ~ Brother-Oracle Zophiel

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Having a bunch of short range anti infantry firepower next to a presumably long range anti tank gun always seems kinda dumb.

Always depends on how you play to be honest. The Repulsor works best while hovering forwards with the rest of your army claiming the middle of the board and there it's in range for all the short ranged anti-infantry firepower. Likewise if you play pure Primaris you don't exactly ooze board control and often have a rather empty backfield so if your opponent has some mobile infantry or deep strikers having some anti-infantry so your long ranged tank can protect itself is a great thing to have.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,571 posts

I'd be more interested in either variant if it didn't look like it got rolled around in the bitz box after being built, and ALSO didn't require like 6 different weapon profiles to shoot.
One or the other GW, come on.
Stapling storm bolters all over the thing would still look bad, but at least it wouldn't be a pain to roll.

Being able to double up the same weapon on the turret would've helped immensely.
Double gatling for pure anti infantry (not that primaris really need it), double plasma for, well, more plasma, or double huge gun for tank hunting.

Current Repulsor can be built with 3 profiles, but the sad part is that one of them isn't optional. Looks like it is optional here on the Exterminator, so it might become optional in the future for the other.

But it's basically bolter/heavy bolter profile if you go with the full dakka options. You only start to get close to 6 when you swap in the Lascannons, add the stubbers, and rock an Icarus anti air rocket pod.

But then again, devastators often run with at least 4 profiles, so I'm not sure that's really all that infrequent or that its much of an issue.

Being able to screen out deep strike chargers, fight them off itself, and maintain full accuracy while mobile is a much more interesting choice than the metal box that sits in the back surrounded by screeners. Let the guard run with that.

Edited by Lemondish, 12 May 2019 - 06:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users