Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Repulsor Variants

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
627 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,105 posts
So that new turret fixed the tank for me
banana

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

Hopefully the plasma gun won't be as garbage as the Redemptor's.

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,030 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Not to be a butt, but what seems to be shown laely, plasma is even more over-rated then ever, the cannon/las it seems ot have as option would propably be better for primaris pure AT option

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,332 posts
Anyone know what the round grenade/rocket launcher is?
Know repulsor could do a rear mounted Icarus rocket pod

As for what Primaris do you want to transport? Characters namely Primaris Rune Priests whod wreck face in close quarters

The grenade launchers down near the tracks at the front look good. Looks to be a design flaw/quirk that theres one round grenade launcher for one side and opened box one for other side.

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 12 May 2019 - 06:42 PM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'd be more interested in either variant if it didn't look like it got rolled around in the bitz box after being built, and ALSO didn't require like 6 different weapon profiles to shoot.
One or the other GW, come on.
Stapling storm bolters all over the thing would still look bad, but at least it wouldn't be a pain to roll.

Being able to double up the same weapon on the turret would've helped immensely.
Double gatling for pure anti infantry (not that primaris really need it), double plasma for, well, more plasma, or double huge gun for tank hunting.

Having a bunch of short range anti infantry firepower next to a presumably long range anti tank gun always seems kinda dumb.

Current Repulsor can be built with 3 profiles, but the sad part is that one of them isn't optional. Looks like it is optional here on the Exterminator, so it might become optional in the future for the other.

But it's basically bolter/heavy bolter profile if you go with the full dakka options. You only start to get close to 6 when you swap in the Lascannons, add the stubbers, and rock an Icarus anti air rocket pod.

But then again, devastators often run with at least 4 profiles, so I'm not sure that's really all that infrequent or that its much of an issue.

Being able to screen out deep strike chargers, fight them off itself, and maintain full accuracy while mobile is a much more interesting choice than the metal box that sits in the back surrounded by screeners. Let the guard run with that.

I kinda count the Fraglaunchers as extra weapon profile for sake of how bothersome the rolling is since you have to roll the number of shots for those first, but yeah if you go purely by the S AP D stats it's as follows:

The minimum number of profiles is 3. HOC, HB and OC are S5 AP-1 D1, Stormbolter and Fragstorm grenade launchers are S4 AP0 D1, Krakstorm grenade launchers are S6 AP-1 D1d3. 
The anti-tank variant has one more profile type since it keeps the pintle mounted OC, so has 4. (plus 1 if you want the optional Ironhail heavy stubber)

If you go full crazy you have 6 profiles (S9 AP-3 D1d6, S4 AP-1 D1, S4 AP0 D1, S7 AP-1 D1 that hits better against FLY and worse against non-FLY, S5 AP-1 D1, S6 AP-1 D1d3

Edited by sfPanzer, 12 May 2019 - 06:42 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
If I can get it down to 250 with just HBs and the big las then I'm happy. Right now my lists end up 30 intercessors and 3 las repulsors and thats so boring. I want room for the other primaris goodies
  • smbarne likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,571 posts

Not to keep ramming this point home, but it's only "garbage" because the Redemptor is "garbage".

I'd be more interested in either variant if it didn't look like it got rolled around in the bitz box after being built, and ALSO didn't require like 6 different weapon profiles to shoot.
One or the other GW, come on.
Stapling storm bolters all over the thing would still look bad, but at least it wouldn't be a pain to roll.

Being able to double up the same weapon on the turret would've helped immensely.
Double gatling for pure anti infantry (not that primaris really need it), double plasma for, well, more plasma, or double huge gun for tank hunting.

Having a bunch of short range anti infantry firepower next to a presumably long range anti tank gun always seems kinda dumb.

Current Repulsor can be built with 3 profiles, but the sad part is that one of them isn't optional. Looks like it is optional here on the Exterminator, so it might become optional in the future for the other.

But it's basically bolter/heavy bolter profile if you go with the full dakka options. You only start to get close to 6 when you swap in the Lascannons, add the stubbers, and rock an Icarus anti air rocket pod.

But then again, devastators often run with at least 4 profiles, so I'm not sure that's really all that infrequent or that its much of an issue.

Being able to screen out deep strike chargers, fight them off itself, and maintain full accuracy while mobile is a much more interesting choice than the metal box that sits in the back surrounded by screeners. Let the guard run with that.

I kinda count the Fraglaunchers as extra weapon profile for sake of how bothersome the rolling is since you have to roll the number of shots for those first, but yeah if you go purely by the S AP D stats it's as follows:

The minimum number of profiles is 3. HOC, HB and OC are S5 AP-1 D1, Stormbolter and Fragstorm grenade launchers are S4 AP0 D1, Krakstorm grenade launchers are S6 AP-1 D1d3.
The anti-tank variant has one more profile type since it keeps the pintle mounted OC, so has 4. (plus 1 if you want the optional Ironhail heavy stubber)
If you go full crazy you have 6 profiles (S9 AP-3 D1d6, S4 AP-1 D1, S4 AP0 D1, S7 AP-1 D1 that hits better against FLY and worse against non-FLY, S5 AP-1 D1, S6 AP-1 D1d3

I completely forgot the frag launchers were a thing - I replace them all with Storm Bolters.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,868 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

This tank can be fixed immediately by drastically shortening that rotor cannon thing to be much shorter than the other main weapon. That is what I would do if I bought this thing. 

• Interrogator Stobz likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,571 posts

This tank can be fixed immediately by drastically shortening that rotor cannon thing to be much shorter than the other main weapon. That is what I would do if I bought this thing.

I don't agree that it needs to be "fixed", but I'm not going to argue with that conversion suggestion. Could look cool, and that's what it's all about.

Angelus Nex

Angelus Nex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists
Well, it might have another advantage over the repulsor. If this tank will be heavy support you could use it to fill a spearhead detachment. The normal repulsor doesn't fill any slot.
Also there was a rumour flying around that vehicles were going to benefit from chapter tactics in the new marine codex. Which could be really nice.

Edited by Angelus Nex, 13 May 2019 - 11:47 AM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

19.jpg

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,131 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I can’t be the only one to of thought this looking at the new Repulsor, seems like GW can’t decide on what that wanted to to do so made it do everything
image0.jpg
  • RolandTHTG, Triszin, Interrogator Stobz and 9 others like this
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,216 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Im surprised there isnt a Twin HOGC Turret, Twin Heavy Las and Twin Plasma Eradicator options for this tank. :\

Shame, having a Mini Twin Avenger Bolt Cannon turret which, itself is a mini Vulcan Mega Bolter turret would have been pretty cool.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,183 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
Yep, the identity crisis on the turret alone is hilarious.
If the turret focussed on one thing and the hull another the vehicle might make sense, but nope.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz, 13 May 2019 - 09:29 PM.

• Lanparth likes this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Nova_Dew

Nova_Dew

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts

Back on topic but i like the plasma version shown in the pic's without the extra mini rockets, grenades, what ever's, they just make the turret too busy but then i grew up with the cleaner and less fussy looking 2nd/3rd edition models.

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

Yeah, I think if you'd strip off all the extra smaller weapons from the turret and let it double up on whatever the main gun is these new repulsors would look amazing IMO.

If they had sponsons that sort of looked like the missile launchers on the taurox primes I think it'd look really cool as well, so pretty much retractable missile launchers that would still keep a pretty sleek profile. Obviously this isn't happening with these tanks but that would also give people some flexibility regarding loadouts if the missile launchers worked in a similar manner to the knights carapace weapons, meaning either anti-tank or anti-infantry missiles.

Either do that or give it one set of hurricane bolters instead of all these storm bolter & frag launchers, which would also speed up dice rolling.

Nova_Dew

Nova_Dew

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts

Now i'm wondering what it would look like with some baal pred or land raider sponson's on the side doors with a choice of weapons, maybe onslaught gatling's instead of the one in the turret, twin linked heavy bolters, twin linked lascannon's or maybe twin linked heavy flamers would be nice options all in the place of transport capacity.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,332 posts

Now i'm wondering what it would look like with some baal pred or land raider sponson's on the side doors with a choice of weapons, maybe onslaught gatling's instead of the one in the turret, twin linked heavy bolters, twin linked lascannon's or maybe twin linked heavy flamers would be nice options all in the place of transport capacity.

YES as a pure tank sponsons and no transpo wouod be amazing

Exilyth

Exilyth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: AM, SM, GSC

Neither the flying shoebox with the small turret and too many different weapons nor the flying shoebox with the abrams turret and slightly less too many different weapons do anything for me.

WH40k: Astra Militarum: ~2500 Pts, Space Marines: ~2500 Pts, GSC: ~1000 Pts

"Reduce, recycle, reuse - don't waste your sprues!"

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,518 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Does anyone else get the impression GW is working with what they’ve got and there’s nothing really new on the current drawing board ?
  • coldfyre, SickSix and Xwingt65 like this
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Vermintide

Vermintide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 480 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Necrons

Ehh, who knows how over-costed this will be. Repulsors get hit twice with transports in general being over-costed right now, on top of the arsenal they carry. Why does it need to be a transport, why can't it just be a tank? Why can't there be a cheaper transport that just has a guy with a gatling cannon on top? What happened to tanks having pintle mounted storm bolters anyway?!

This is just another parts of the problem with primaris. It looks great and according to the fluff, it works exactly as it should. But in the rules there's a ton of limitations and restrictions that feel like they were almost intentionally put in place to stop you playing them like that fluff... What ever happened to the surgical strike, where you deliver a small number of elite troops exactly where they're needed? I don't want to de-rail into Primaris whining, but I really don't see what they're trying to work towards, it seems like a kind of confused mess honestly.

• Lanparth likes this

"The Black Library is not lore."

Arch-Magos Mordekai Holatas

Bringer of Sacred Light
5113903.M39

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,105 posts
The only thing the repulsor still suffers from is an identity crisis, and that's what makes it meh.
  • Black Blow Fly, Lanparth, Doctor Perils and 2 others like this
banana

Happycamper

Happycamper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
Tank is sweet. Hope it holds 6 but probably will be 5. Hope it gets costed under 300 with a new Codex most likely coming.
I don’t mind the jack of all trades, works well with how I use Primaris with my guard army. This will change my list a bit depending of many they hold, but if they can be effective at taking our heavy targets then I can cut points on guard side.

People read to much into top meta. Atleast more me, too meta rarely matches what I face locally. I see a wide variety at local tournaments, need to be prepared to tackle a lot of different things. Yah you see the Knight netlist, but a lot people here don’t want to play that, cause it’s extremely boring.
Personally my arch enemy is eldar flyer lists (can’t :cussing hit them) and shock attack guns of orks. Shock attack just pops my Armour to pieces and I can’t target it

Anyways, I’m sure I’ll be grab atleast one of these to atleast add to my collectio

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,340 posts
Still just as much of a visual mess as the Repulsor, still too covered in ugly gubbins, boxes ablative drek. They’re like the Rob Liefield pouches of models.

Stripping those down and going with the dakka photoshop approach, of doubling the turret guns and making it a mini hover Felblade, would make it really quite a decent model.
  • Dracos and autek mor like this

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,216 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

I'm going to hop in and just mention that any involved discussion about the Primaris Space Marine range can safely be shifted over to the Adeptus Astartes and/or Amicus Forums and that we should circle back and try to keep the discussion pretty focused on the new Repulsor Variant that was just unveiled.

Otherwise, I feel like we might be done here.

• Warhead01, Dracos, 01RTB01 and 1 other like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,332 posts
Hopefully the new variant will be Heavy Support as then it counts towards detachments and them all important command points

That would be an improvement on yee olde Repulsor and more like a Land Raider

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users