Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aeronautica Imperialis Returns!

Aeronautica Imperialis game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
343 replies to this topic

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts

Somebody on Dakka² mentioned that they also heavily implied Marines being one of the five factions. That would rule out either Tau or Eldar, as I can't believe Chaos not being done.

By the way: will there be an AI subforum on B&C?

Well they could lump space marines in with the rest of the Imperium faction...

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 870 posts

Can you fit the Rynn board in the wings of vengeance box for storage?

To answer my own question in case anyone else was wondering; no, it doesn’t.

Picked up my order this evening. Just built my first DakkaJet, love it! So much detail and so very cute! Easy build with very little cleaning required. Should be able to vary them nicely.

Rynn book is very nice with a decent amount of lore especially compared to the AT books. The Rynn board is expensive but it is very high quality. The cards and card boxes are again really nice, I hope for the sake of others that they stick around.

The Rynn book has the cards, manoeuvre sheet and reference card laid out for photocopies, so it can be a cheap game to get into. If your store has a board, just buy the Rynn book and the planes you want.

I also got the dice, the original GW article said it was 12 dice per pack but it’s actually 8. I got both types and they are very nice, like the AT ones.

Overall it’s a great release, that seems to address a few of the issues with older SG game launches. I can’t wait to get playing!

Can’t wait to see what the scout class aircraft are. The Rynn book lore mentions Lightnings, but they are probably going to be fighters (after all the orks have 2 fighter types). Maybe the Orks will get something flown by Grots?
  • mithrilforge and Brother Handro like this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,445 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech
@Burni- thanks for the information on Rynn’s world book, I’ll be getting that but not sure on when I’ll get the mat...
The aircraft really are nice though, your right there :-)
As to paint schemes, I was thinking of doing all my dakka jets in all the clan colours i.e. black , red, yellow and blue instead of all one colour ... a bit of a WW 1 flying circus !?

Cheers, Mithril
  • Burni likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 957 posts
In the Rynns World book there are multiple mentions of Lightning fighters and also a potential Ace character. There is also a short piece about necrons in the backstory for the marauder captain character. They seem to wrap up the Ryns world story fairly well so I think future expansions will jump to a different campaign setting; unless they widen it to include the rest of Waaagh Snagrod.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,294 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I’ve put together a few of the models so far and they are great. I’m absolutely in love with them. I think I’m gonna shoot for 6 Thunderbolts and 4 Marauders in this wave. Still waffling on an Ork color scheme, but I’ve already picked a good one for the Thunderbolts.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 08 September 2019 - 11:05 AM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 957 posts
I wasn't that keen on the marauders destroyer until I saw it could deploy jump troops!

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,445 posts
I’ve just finished putting my Dakka jets together, they’re real beauties!, my only gripe is GW seemed to give us the impression you could have any type of Dakka jet look you wanted but sadly that’s not true... you can have 3 different ones and that’s it... a bit misleading... perhaps getting the box of standalone jets will be more customisable. I can’t fault the sculpts or putting them together...absolute dream to build , I gotta get some nice weather so I can spray em up for the most exciting part ...
Painting them :-D

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge, 08 September 2019 - 12:03 PM.

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,263 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)
Does the Rynn's book have templates for the maneuver tokens or do you still need to pick those up separately?

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 957 posts
The final two pages are the movement diagrams and the tokens that presumably you can photocopy

TheDreadfulSagittary

TheDreadfulSagittary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts
  • Faction: IH, SoH, IK

I'm toying with the idea of buying one box of Thunderbolts, only to paint them. They look really nice, and the price isn't that bad too msn-wink.gif

The only downside is, that it is unlikely that I start playing this game to. With 30k, 40k and Adeptus Titanicus on the shelves at home (and two other not B&C related armies too), and with Sisters arriving in November, to have another gaming system seems would be a really-really ill-considered step by me.

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,052 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I'm toying with the idea of buying one box of Thunderbolts, only to paint them. They look really nice, and the price isn't that bad too

Same with the Marauders, which I've always liked the design of.

I haven't actually seen any comparison pictures of these minis next to anything else - how big are they? Does anyone have one on their desk they could take a shot of next to an ork or a space marine or something?

It came with the nightfall

The dark that swallowed the stars
One by one, it painted them black
And brought horror to our hearts

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,360 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

I’ve just finished putting my Dakka jets together, they’re real beauties!, my only gripe is GW seemed to give us the impression you could have any type of Dakka jet look you wanted but sadly that’s not true... you can have 3 different ones and that’s it... a bit misleading... perhaps getting the box of standalone jets will be more customisable. I can’t fault the sculpts or putting them together...absolute dream to build , I gotta get some nice weather so I can spray em up for the most exciting part ...
Cheers, Mithril

The standalone jets are the same sprues as the starter (just double).

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 870 posts

Cheers, Mithril

You can put any nose on any fuselage and then add any tail. So you can make quite a lot of variations.
  • fire golem and Beaky Brigade like this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,445 posts
I realise that but I thought that I could make 3x of the same looking dakka jet ... that can never happen unless you spend big (yes GW I see what you did)... or swap nose cones with the non existent player group around me ... :-/

Mithril

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,618 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Would orks ever make 3 of anything that looked identical?

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 870 posts

I realise that but I thought that I could make 3x of the same looking dakka jet ... that can never happen unless you spend big (yes GW I see what you did)... or swap nose cones with the non existent player group around me ... :-/

Mithril

Ah sorry, misunderstood. Yeah, see what you mean. I’d have preferred all mine to have different tails but MIG-15 noses.

Finished building all the Orks now and one of each of the Imperial stuff. Great kits.

Watched the WHTV stuff while doing it, they kind of hint about Tau, Chaos and SM don’t they. Which you leave no room for Eldar, which would be odd considering how they feature in the lore articles they’ve done. Weird stuff. He did say the releases will come thick and fast but then again we’re not getting the Bomber until November and that’s already in a book.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,445 posts

I'm toying with the idea of buying one box of Thunderbolts, only to paint them. They look really nice, and the price isn't that bad too

Same with the Marauders, which I've always liked the design of.

I haven't actually seen any comparison pictures of these minis next to anything else - how big are they? Does anyone have one on their desk they could take a shot of next to an ork or a space marine or something?

here you go...

med_gallery_9146_3140_164432.jpg

@ Burni - yeah that's what i wanted to do...all Mig 15 style nose cones cool.png , perhaps if i get more i'll see if anyone at the local GW may want to swap em ...

Cheers, Mithril

• Urauloth likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,294 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
They’re big. Really big. Thunderbolts are as wide as a Reaver. The Fighta-Bomma has big shootas for its hard points and if it was carried by a Titanicus Scale Ork Infantry model then all the third party and forum ware kits are going to be massively out of scale by almost several mm.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,565 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
The game is out in the wild now, so discussion should take place in the Other Games forum.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aeronautica Imperialis game

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)