Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aeronautica Imperialis Returns!

Aeronautica Imperialis game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
343 replies to this topic

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

I hope its the same scale as the older version, I wonder if it might be compatible with Titanicus so you can have a Titan battle group with friendly air support, that would be cool.

Technically they have the Air Support Strategem in Titanicus, so...

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,378 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Do we know wether there will be another preview seminar at origins this coming week?

uqpKirY.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16053_22483.png

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 774 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

Do we know wether there will be another preview seminar at origins this coming week?

I don't know, but chances are high. GW does promote itself actively (almost) whenever possible these days.

I would not bet on any news on the new AI for weeks though. They will most likely advertise their new paints, the upcoming GHB for AoS (maybe "Warcry"), and then there is "Apocalypse" coming. With the hints towards an August release of AI, I can't see GW giving us more bits to chew on befor emid July.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,640 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Games Workshop typically doesn't reveal anything at Origins. They had no seminar and no announcements last year.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,378 posts
I found nothing about last year and wasnt sure. Normally they do tell us about Events a week or so ahead. Maybe they are keeping the Info for wh day on the 29th.

I am hyed as all hell for apocalypse, so I am cool with more Info on that ;)

uqpKirY.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16053_22483.png

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 914 posts
Can Warhammer community pass up a chance to reveal a plastic thunderhawk?
In 8mm scale ;)
  • Slasher956 likes this

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

that would be an epic troll release....

"you've asked for it for years so here it is ... the thunderhawk in plastic... well you never said what size you wanted it!"

• Focslain likes this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,716 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

We finally got some more info including models and looks like the base game.

GenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaBox4ujcrg.

GenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaGame5uhvrgGenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaImperialPlGenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaOrkPlanes3

Edited by Black_Knight, 01 August 2019 - 01:54 PM.

• Reyner, Ldorte, Slave to Darkness and 1 other like this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts

From GenCon looks like GW is gunning for the X-wing crowd, if that's not too easy a comparison: https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

GenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaBox4ujcrg.

GenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaGame5uhvrg

"Welcome to Aeronautica Imperialis – a new game that brings the high-velocity aerial combat of the 41st Millennium to your tabletop. Designed from the ground up to recreate the sheer speed and tactical tension of skyborne warfare, this new system is compact, fast-paced and fine-tuned – turning every tabletop dogfight into both a thrilling spectacle and a worthy test of wits.

Featuring hex-based movement and only requiring a handful of models to play, Aeronautica Imperialis is ideal for the hobbyist on the go. Regardless of your time or space, you’ll find it easy to squeeze in a game – and it’s so fun, we reckon you’ll take every opportunity to do so, whether you’re dogfighting through your lunch break, grabbing a quick game with a clubmate, or playing through epic airborne campaigns in the comfort of your own home."

GenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaImperialPl

Aeronautica Imperialis will be launching with a boxed set that makes starting and learning the game simple, allowing you to dogfight your friends with the Imperial Navy and Orks. It’s no one-off, either, and you can look forward to ongoing support and expansions that bring new challenges to the game. 

You won’t have long to wait until you can take off with Aeronautica Imperialis – we’ll be posting the latest news about the game on the Forge World Facebook page.

GenConreveals-Aug1-AeronauticaOrkPlanes3

• mithrilforge likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Yea I'm tempted, models look really nice especially the Ork jets. 

• Magos Takatus likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Captain Taelos

Captain Taelos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts
Mmm, models look great! Expansions presumably mean Xiphons, Eldar flyers and suchlike.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,716 posts

I am getting a feeling of a smaller skirmish style game rather than the big longer Titanicus model. Kind of like that idea.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,697 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Epic draws near, my brothers. Soon. 

• Master Commander Ajax, Frostglaive and Mendi Warrior like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,179 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Topics Merged.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts

I'm in for this! Just what I wanted - 40k setting, plastics in small scale, X-Wing like format. The fact we get Orks straight away is just perfect.

I find it strange that the close up images don't show the planes at the same scales though - odd choice.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,716 posts

Ill sell my soul for just a teaser of BFG: Horus Edition but until then I am liking the idea of this smaller game.

• DuskRaider and Frostglaive like this

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

The bomber model is the same size as the fighter?  Yeah, O.K...

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,697 posts

The Bombers are larger. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,179 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

You could have looked at the images that showed the models on the playing surface which shows off their size difference.

Edited by Slips, 01 August 2019 - 02:06 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Hex based really? I'm sorry but the fantastic movement system established by x-wing has spoiled me forever 

• Son of Carnelian and Redcomet like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,697 posts

Hex based really? I'm sorry but the fantastic movement system established by x-wing has spoiled me forever 

How does XWing work?

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,935 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Let's not start a discussion of X-wing, eh?

=][=
  • Dosjetka likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,130 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

I need it, love Imperial Navy flyers. I shall finally own a Marauder Bomber! 

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts

Damn those Imperial flyers are some of my favorites. I'll definitely pick this up and then keep my fingers crossed for the Eldar expansions.

• Reyner likes this

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,130 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

It's just a shame the cockpits are painted it would have been so cool if the crews were visible. 

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aeronautica Imperialis game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users