Custom Repulsor Variants?

slitth

Ther 40k studio seems to have a much tighter control over what is designed for the main 40k armies these days, I doubt they will be allowed to do much.

The days of variant tank turrets and modified kits for 40k are largely gone, except for 30k vehicle to 40k relic vehicle situations, because the studio does it now.

I think the only things you are likely to see from FW for Primaris will be big vehicles like the Astraeus that can’t be economically produced in plastic, and accessory bits like the chapter specific repulsor doors.

Also FW has to keep up with the releases for 30k, AT, Necromuda and Blood Bowl, they don’t have much time for 40k!

I'm guessing FW have been told to hold off on the Primaris vehicles until the sprues are paid off/all the plastic variants they want t do are out. There's no point losing plastic sales because people already purchased the resin versions.

I hear what you're saying but a few arms and turrets really won't take away a great deal of resources for any amount of time.

Maybe GW really is keeping a leash on them.

Or as we see with the Executioner, GW may prefer to be the one to handle these weapon options in plastic moving forward.

So, what other variants do we think we might see?

I think a whirlwind is def coming in 2~ years, but I'd like to see a twist on it.

Maybe a build for perimeter horde defense

- ( flachett missle system, rapid 6, 18" range)

And long heavy support version

- ignore cover, heavy 4-6

That's a lot of eggs in one basket :sad.:

Is it really? 

It's 111 points of Aggressors, not a lot of points there. 

Or like 85 points in Intercessors and a Lt. or Captain. 

Or a 5 man Hellblaster squad at 165 with an HQ

None of those seem to be breaking the bank here, boyo. 

Edited by Lemondish

Grav Captain and 5 Aggressors for maximum anti infantry dakka

+  Repulsor loaded for maximum anti tank

Approx. 600 points

I wouldn't be using a Repulsor as anything but anti-tank, as it is the one Primaris unit that can fill that function. I also wouldn't be using it to move Intercessors to a position that I probably will prefer to be using Infiltrators for.

You can minimize cost but that's not a effective mission specific use in my mind. Matter of style maybe.

PS: I'd prefer not being referred to as boyo thank you.

Edited by Dracos

My opponent last week discovered that my cover ignoring intercessors would be shooting at him from turn one. I think they would be best to stay out of the vehicle unless it became absolutely necessary to move them faster. Aggressors on the other hand have a very short range. Maybe we will get some dedicated Cc units in the near future.

Grav Captain and 5 Aggressors for maximum anti infantry dakka

+ Repulsor loaded for maximum anti tank

Approx. 600 points

I wouldn't be using a Repulsor as anything but anti-tank, as it is the one Primaris unit that can fill that function. I also wouldn't be using it to move Intercessors to a position that I probably will prefer to be using Infiltrators for.

You can minimize cost but that's not a effective mission specific use in my mind. Matter of style maybe.

See here's the problem - you can't actually put that many eggs in this basket by design. That payload you have there isn't possible. Gravis count as two models for transport purposes, so the extent you can carry is 3. Therefore 111 points carried by a unit that appears to likely be sub 280 points, assuming the chassis stays the same cost.

Or 5 of a non-Gravis variant unit, with a likewise non-Gravis character backing them up. Even then, I don't agree its all eggs in one basket. The most expensive realistic combo is like 266 (Hellblasters and Primaris Librarian) which maybe at that point is reaching the points cost of the tank itself, but I also question the value in that payload outside of turn 1 protection.

Edited by Lemondish

6 is pretty much perfect and I'm happy about it, but to be quite honest .... I don't need it. Maybe to protect some Intercessors from alpha strikes.

The Repulsor I regularly push forwards to the middle of the board because it can actually carry quite a load with 10 seats. If I wouldn't use its transport capacity I'd hold it back as well. However the Executioner pays for an extra big gun and can't carry as much as the regular Repulsor so I think I'll make use of its range to keep it out of harms way as much as possible which should be easily doable with the lowest range (not counting all the Stormbolter and whatnot) at 30".

If it carries 6, I'll use it as long as I can get a full beam-spam loadout by swapping the twin HB for twin LC, and the HOG for lastalon.

If it can't do that, it's probably dead in the water for me.

We have no idea what the main cannon does. It could be an incredible weapon. Besides, I don't mind having a bunch of long range dakka as long as the main gun does indeed do a good job of destroying vehicles and monsters.

Eve if you don't plan on moving the tank you can still deploy a unit inside as the unit gets an extra 3" movement and protection for a turn. Means a Hellblaster squad has a 24" rapid fire threat range, for example.

I appreciate the correction of how many models of each can be carried Lemondish. I had been using the Las-Pulsor as a basis for calculating cost in lost track of the new models actual ability.

That said its just as poorly designed for my playstyle. I can't get behind the "waste" of the six transport spots I know won't be used 9 out of 10 (speculative) games. Its a great looking new weapon and if they had doubled the main gun even I would have hard time resisting but they just keep missing the boat for enticing me to invest in a couple Repulsors

If it carries 6, I'll use it as long as I can get a full beam-spam loadout by swapping the twin HB for twin LC, and the HOG for lastalon.

If it can't do that, it's probably dead in the water for me.

We have no idea what the main cannon does. It could be an incredible weapon. Besides, I don't mind having a bunch of long range dakka as long as the main gun does indeed do a good job of destroying vehicles and monsters.

Eve if you don't plan on moving the tank you can still deploy a unit inside as the unit gets an extra 3" movement and protection for a turn. Means a Hellblaster squad has a 24" rapid fire threat range, for example.

It's the cool factor of having a beam-spam hover-tank (like a quad-las Predator) that is attractive to me in this case. If it is effective on the tabletop, well that's just gravy! :happy.: