Custom Repulsor Variants?

slitth

I’m hoping for a completely new design of weapon rule.

Something original please!

Heavy 4, Str 12, Ap-4, D6 damage minimum 3?

That would be tasty

That's also wishful thinking :D

I'd pay premium for that though. They could make it 2D3 damage, I'd still go for it. Gimme 2 of those and one regular AT Repulsor and I'd have my army complete. Looks awesome and might function too!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a Repulsor twin Lascannon on Ebay just in case the new variant can swap the twin Heavy Bolter for one.

After looking at the sprue it's clear there isn't a twin Las in the kit.

Could be the same case as the Chaos twin Gatling Knight. The option exists and the kit is made but you need to combine two to do it.

Edited by Ishagu

If it's not on the sprue, its really not likely going to be an option. Twin gatling chaos knight is a flimsy argument for comparison. The "official rules" for the Knight Warden kit (or Canis Rex kit) is a Knight Warden or Knight Crusader, which can only equip one gatling because that's all there is available in the kit.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a "Chaos Repulsor Executioner" that can equip lascannons, either though.

Yeah I know, I know.

However, Primaris units do have various options not found in the sprue so there's a chance.

Yeah, there are a variety of Primaris options that are on a sprue even if it isn't the sprue that comes with the unit. I point to Intercessors sarges as an example.

Super flimsy argument, of course. 

Edited by Lemondish

Also not to mention the recent Chaos kits. Chaos Marines who can use the new Chaincannon but there's only one bit for it in the Havoc box, Terminators without enough bitz to equip a whole unit properly and so on.

Also not to mention the recent Chaos kits. Chaos Marines who can use the new Chaincannon but there's only one bit for it in the Havoc box, Terminators without enough bitz to equip a whole unit properly and so on.

Isn't the chaos marine unit akin to a devestator type unit? One of those doesn't come with 4 of everything its supposed to be able to equip either.

Isn't the chaos marine unit akin to a devestator type unit? One of those doesn't come with 4 of everything its supposed to be able to equip either.

The Devastators have at least one of everything. The Chaos Marines are completely lacking any Chaincannon bit just like Crisis Suits don't have any AFP or CIB bit (those only come in the Commander box and only one of each).

• 1 month later...

So I got an Executioner... and looking at the assembly instructions, there's a bit of a contradiction with what the different grenade/rocket launchers actually are representing between the Executioner and the regular Repulsor kits. It's a bloddy mess in fact, and I think it may stem from weapons being mislabeled in possibly BOTH manuals. I assume, at least, everyone would like what weapon representing what would be consistent across both tank designs. I figured this should be at least discussed.

Below im listing the different launchers between both kits and what their respective instructions label them as (if at all)

Round launcher with with pointed missilies = Icarus rocket pod according to both instructions. 

Rectangular launcher with 3 rounded grenades = Unspecified in both instructions.

Square launcher with 4 rounded grenades = Fragstorm launcher in Repulsor instructions, N/A for Executioner

Rectangular launcher with 6 rounded grenades = Fragstorm launcher in Repulsor instructions, N/A for Executioner

Rectangular launcher with 6 grenades with concave heads = Autolauncher in Executioner instructions, N/A for Repulsor

Rectangular launcher with 8 pointed missiles = Autolauncher in Repulsor instructions, N/A for Executioner

Prior to the Executioners release, process of elimination meant that the launchers with 3 grenades were the krakstorm launcers. An odd choice I thought, but all other options were clearly marked as other things in the instructions, so there was no other alternative. That's become a problem now however with the Executioner having the exact same launchers in its kit, but not actually having any krakstorm launchers in the rules.

So what does both tanks have in common? Autolaunchers. It'd make sense visually that the small 3 grenade things are the least offensive weapon option. Repulsor can still exchange its autolaunchers for fragstorms, which would be smaller 4 grenade design.The krakstorms, only present on the Repulsor, could then be represented by the larger launcher with pointed missiles (which only comes with the repulsor kit), which again makes the most visual sense for an anti armor weapon out of the ones available.

This still creates a problem with the Executioner however as the Autolaunchers and fragstorms have now swapped roles which, while it again makes more visual sense in my opinion, If you take the option of adding an Icarus rocket pod to the Executioner, you'd now be suddenly replacing a fragstorm launcher with it if adding it where the instructions suggest, which contradicts the rules (where you're just adding it, not replacing anything... guess the rules figured 1 autolauncher = 2 autolaunchers, or something). You could of course just add the rocket pod to some other, entirely neutral position, I suppose.

Does anyone have a more elegant solution I'm not thinking of? What are your thoughts? The instructions clearly contradict each other, unless they want us to just not consider weapons between the two to be represented by the same things.

EDIT: realize this might have been the wrong thread to raise from the dead for this

Edited by Reinhard

Maybe I'm the only one who's this annoyed by this. I guess I just like the idea that my opponent doesn't have to write down or consult a list or commit to memory as to what the different tanks have, but rather that he could just visually tell from what's on the models... which doesn't work too well when two tanks have identical weapons that are different things depending on the tank.

Maybe I'm the only one who's this annoyed by this. I guess I just like the idea that my opponent doesn't have to write down or consult a list or commit to memory as to what the different tanks have, but rather that he could just visually tell from what's on the models... which doesn't work too well when two tanks have identical weapons that are different things depending on the tank.

The good news is that your opponent won't need to refer to the instructions to figure out what the tank has since he'll have your army list and data sheet to refer to.

But in any case, I think the biggest confusion is the krakstorm. I imagine, especially given the description on the site, that krakstorm was supposed to be in the rules and instead got swapped. Perhaps the new codex will fix this?

Edited by Lemondish

But that means they would have already committed to memory what all the different weapons look like and their stats. That's how looking at a model and knowing what it's weapons are works. And if you know all the stats already, saying " all my repulsors only have X and Y for small arms weapons" will be faster than looking.

But that means they would have already committed to memory what all the different weapons look like and their stats. That's how looking at a model and knowing what it's weapons are works. And if you know all the stats already, saying " all my repulsors only have X and Y for small arms weapons" will be faster than looking.

Honestly, I don't care what is faster. I like consistency. Yeah, sure this problem isn't making it impossible to use or anything like that, that's not my point. It's perfectly "solvable"... I just don't like the fact they're inconsistent. It's just arbitrary and it bugs me. They're usually very consistent about visual representations of weapons and such, so its weird when it's completely flubbed like this.

I'm with you, Reinhard! I just want to know the model I've built is technically correct.

It matters little but the thought someone might look at my model and say "oh it's firing backwards" is terrifying!

But they do fire backwards... none of the repulsors are made so their weapons can point at the same target or even in the same direction. The executioner literally has a stubber pointed right behind it, so it's always going to be shooting in the wrong direction