Custom Repulsor Variants?

slitth

It's still a strange arguement mainly in that whole RAW vs RAI discussion. Seeing the posts on Battlescribe they have only included it in the standard SW roster for now and not the others which is frustrating.

It would be nice to get some official word from GW on this quickly just to clear things up.

Absolutely.

In fact, I'd really prefer they put the whole thing to bed forever for everyone rather than having to wait for a confirmation that we don't even know will come.

Interestingly, it doesn't appear in the chapter specific web stores yet either.

It's still a strange arguement mainly in that whole RAW vs RAI discussion. Seeing the posts on Battlescribe they have only included it in the standard SW roster for now and not the others which is frustrating.

It would be nice to get some official word from GW on this quickly just to clear things up.

Absolutely.

In fact, I'd really prefer they put the whole thing to bed forever for everyone rather than having to wait for a confirmation that we don't even know will come.

Maybe they think they've been clear here without realizing people have been doing their own thing for so long that it's still a bit murky. 

I completely understand the situation with Deathwatch, Grey Knights, and Legion of the Damned having no access to these new units until otherwise stated. 

But for the Codex and big 3 brothers, it should honestly be handled permanently so that it's always yea. 

That being said...the more the merrier! Paint up those Executioners in whatever heraldry you want!

But for the Codex and big 3 brothers, it should honestly be handled permanently so that it's always yea.

. . . snowflakes ;)

Everything + (lol)

More seriously. Can’t imagine they won’t have access to this fairly soon. I have to give credit that at least this new GW (5th edition returnee) sure uses the internet to better effect than they ever use to, responding to customer needs and their own slip ups. Not perfect but quantum levels better.

Absolutely.

Maybe they think they've been clear here without realizing people have been doing their own thing for so long that it's still a bit murky.

I completely understand the situation with Deathwatch, Grey Knights, and Legion of the Damned having no access to these new units until otherwise stated.

That being said...the more the merrier! Paint up those Executioners in whatever heraldry you want!

They definitely don't get access at the moment, confirmed today to me in FB and recommended emailing the 40kfaq email address about it.

. . . snowflakes :wink:

Everything + (lol)

More seriously. Can’t imagine they won’t have access to this fairly soon. I have to give credit that at least this new GW (5th edition returnee) sure uses the internet to better effect than they ever use to, responding to customer needs and their own slip ups. Not perfect but quantum levels better.

I dont want everything +.

I would like for more unique options locked to codex space marine 2.0 proper to make them more different.

But the * with that is, GW needs to be upfront about what will and what will not work with the other chapters before the preorder.

Edited by Triszin

I'd be perfectly fine if BA wouldn't get the Executioner and instead something else to be honest. It just doesn't seem like GW is doing that quite yet (if ever) for Primaris.

I'd be perfectly fine if BA wouldn't get the Executioner and instead something else to be honest. It just doesn't seem like GW is doing that quite yet (if ever) for Primaris.

seeing as i got one as a belated fathers day gift, and they're usable in apocalypse for BA, I really hope I get to use it :P

The original appeals to some and not others same as any tank, of course - my position is subjective.

But I do believe this conversion is superior to any version I've seen.

Hmm. I think I know why too. It reminds me of Command and Conquer!

If I'm honest, the fact that i can clearly see that that the sides to the turret cannon are repurposed repulsor plates, bother me. Not sure if anything could be done, or if even its desirable (maybe no else is bothered by it). I imagine when the edges are smoothed up, that'll help

Love the creativity with the replacement of the HOGC

This isn't to surprising the space wolf web store doesn't have several of the choices that are in the codex. I'll probably email them about this because they should be more transparent about this stuff. Space Wolves have apocalypse rules for it so I'm confident I can take it but they should be more clear.

Edited by Black_Star

This isn't to surprising the space wolf web store doesn't have several of the choices that are in the codex. I'll probably email them about this because they should be more transparent about this stuff. Space Wolves have apocalypse rules for it so I'm confident I can take it but they should be more clear.

Official word via their Facebook page is we cant use it atm. So email and ask about it. Blood Angel's also have apocalypse rules which means that hasn't got much to do with it.

Does anyone think that there will be some "Upgrade Kits" so that we could possibly make a normal Repulsor into the new one? Or is it too big an upgrade?

Not really possible. It's not just the turret that you'd have to replace, it's the whole top.

They could as easily have made it like the Razorback - the parts that make it into a Razorback are interchangeable with a regular Rhino, some players have even magnetized the roof panel to switch back and forth.

I'm sure, if they wanted to, they could have done it like that, perhaps even sold the turret sprue as an upgrade kit the way they did some of the Land Raider and Predator sprues.  

So, in a mid-day delirium, I ordered a Repulsor Executioner for my retromarines, because it's a big tank and I like big tanks. 

Problem: The thing looks like a cinderblock rolled in lego bricks.

Solution: round that sucker out, cold war style!

I sanded down the beveled edges to fit more with my 1950's army aesthetic, and replaced the turret with part of a kharadron airship-orb. I tried to consolidate the weapon systems a bit as well, because jesus they're all over the place. Mounted the gatlinggun in the hull, the stormbolters to the turret/rear (seriously, :censored: kind of AA mount are the icarus stubbers supposed to be?) and then used a dunecrawler rocket pod to counts-as everything else (heavy bolters, fragstorm launchers, stubbers)

http://mcgibs.com/wp-content/gallery/workbench/retromarines_repulsortank_wip01.jpg

Edited by McGibs