New Space Marine Pop Vinyls are awesome!

t-dog1996

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but I thought they deserved a mention. Anyone here picked one up yet? I've never really been into Pop Vinyls but the Blood Angels Assault Marine was just too good to pass up. I got mine today, but I still haven't decided whether I want to get any of the others.

A bit of a heretical thought: How easy/good do the vinyls take on acrylic primer/paint?

Providing you use a good spray primer first they take paint really well. Removing the head can also be a good idea, as getting a paintbrush to the neck and shoulders can be a bit of a tight squeeze. Just be warned, Funko seem to use a lot of different systems for attaching the heads, some of which are easier to re-attach than others.

I've repainted and sculpted a fair few over the years, and I'll definitely be giving the Ultramarine and Blood Angel a new coat of paint when I get my hands on them :lol:

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but I thought they deserved a mention. Anyone here picked one up yet? I've never really been into Pop Vinyls but the Blood Angels Assault Marine was just too good to pass up. I got mine today, but I still haven't decided whether I want to get any of the others.

I got my Space Wolves variant on Saturday, and I am waiting on Amazon to hurry up and ship the other 3 so I have the complete series. I was stoked when they announced these. Can't wait to get my other 3.

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone is planning on converting the current painted figures (weapons swaps, etc), this is what I've discovered so far - 

Ironwrought_Huw does stupid things so you don't have to. ]

Blood Angel, Dark Angel and Space Wolf - the heads are fixed in place and can't be moved or replaced. You're stuck with them as they are. Likewise the arms, unless you fancy a lot of sculpting and greenstuff work you can't reposition them. 

Dark Angel:

1)Shield is glued onto the hand, you can just snap it off, leaving the gauntlet exposed. Small tab and excess glue require removal. The hand and wrist are separate and you can remove the hand completely. 

2) Sword and right hand are one piece, however the hand is a separate component attached to the wrist. With the liberal application of force and harsh language care you can prize the right hand off, allowing you to attach a different hand. The wrist contains the socket, the hand has the plug-in bit. 

3) Shoulder pad chapter icons are painted on/transfers. The icons on the chest, shield and backpack are molded on. 

Space Wolf: 

1) The right hand is molded around the axe, meaning you can reposition the axe as you like. The hand is plugged into the wrist, meaning that you can also rotate the hand/wrist. Sadly my attempts to remove the hand tore the plug, meaning I can't simply plug it back in place (not that it matters, I'll be using glue anyway). 

2) The bolter and left hand are one component, you can't split them. The hand and arm are individual pieces, however there is no movement. Plyers and brute force were required. The left hand will not be being reattached without the help of glue. Minor rip damage caused to the left wrist. 

3) No molded/physical chapter icons, everything is painted/a transfer. 

If anyone else is mad enough to try this, good luck. 

I have a bunch of Pops for any niche that I find myself in. Rick and Morty, Pennywise the Clown, Fallout, Iron Man, etc... So, the Space Marines were a no brainer. I have the whole set sitting on my shelf at home. Not much of an Ultramarine or Space Wolf fan, but these were all too good to pass up.

Thanks to a nearly forgotten gift card I picked up a BA assault marine this last weekend and have started the process of repainting him.

ejVWVp1.jpg

Taking it apart took hot water, a good pick, and a lot of patience. The parts will stretch and separate with some effort, breaking the glue that holds the pieces together. I could probable separate the arms and legs from the torso too with a bit of effort too, but I was already having a hard enough time gripping them to rock them out of their tabbed mounts. I almost wish I had gotten the other pops in the series to try my hand at kitbashing, but for now this works more than well enough to make a November Warrior.

Whoa! You took him apart!

I’m repainting the Assault Marine too (as a Mentor Legion marine) but didn’t take him apart. I sprayed him white yesterday and will likely do masking so I can airbrush the head green. Other smaller bits I’ll just do green with a good ol’ brush.

I look forward to seeing yours! :tu:

So to follow up my previous post, I present to the BnC my very messy, somewhat lazy, but ultimately enjoyable take on a Funko Pop.

SBDqDYV.jpg

There's still a bit of fixing to do, but the Nurburgring 24 hour race just ended, and I'm gonna hold off on spraying clear coat until I'm more rational/conscious.