The past year and a half has come and gone without much hobbying. Been recovering from several surgeries, some old augments needed replacements while others have been discarded altogether. It seems the proper time to set some new goals for myself. I request your forgiveness in advance if this moves at a slower than normal pace, but the flesh is weak you know. :biggrin.:

Being inspired by librisrouge's Ordo WIP, I have decided to resume a similar project of my own: The Ordo Machinum

+==========+ +==========+ +==========+ +==========+ +==========+

IMPERIAL DATE CODE: 5/358019.M3 [approx. (GMT - 5:00 hours) 04:04:49 PM to 12:50:24 AM, May 11th-12th, 2019]

By order of his most holy majesty the God-Emperor of Terra

ARX TERMINUS LIBRARIUM
SEQUESTERED ORDO MACHINUM DOSSIERS
AUTHORISED PERSONS ONLY

CASE FILE 1011:65E:GG7:BClg

Please enter your authority code > • • • • • • • • • • • •
Validating...
Thank you, B&C Battle Brother.
You may proceed.

tn_gallery_8429_14701_3745.pngtn_gallery_8429_14701_3745.pngtn_gallery_8429_14701_3745.png

ORDO MACHINUM

The Judicators of the Forge

Just as the Ordo Hereticus pay close attention to the Ecclesiarchy, the Ordo Machinum scrutinise the Adeptus Mechanicus. Specifically, they are concerned with the reintegration of recovered STC variants into the Imperium’s armies and the rare adoptions of alien technologies into established Mechanicum protocols. The purpose here is twofold. Firstly, the Ordo Machinum ensure that laxness on the part of the Omnissiah’s worshippers does not permit a flawed technology to enter the Emperor’s service. More importantly, the Ordo Machinum ensures that no Magos is tempted to withhold vital systems from other factions of the Adeptus Terra with a view to increasing the Adeptus Mechanicus’ power within the Imperium.

Inquisitors of the Ordo Machinum often accompany Adeptus Mechanicus archaeological teams to distant worlds, the better to see for themselves exactly what has been recovered. They often work in concert with the Ordo Xenos – especially when the world in question has been under alien control or there is any suggestion of non-human origin for the technology the Adeptus Mechanicus seek to recover.
--- quoted from the Codex: Inquisition (6e), pg. 18

+==========+ +==========+ +==========+ +==========+ +==========+

Long Term Goal:
My long term goal is to build, paint, and play an army of Imperial Agents. Using the Inquisition as their core organizer, I plan to slowly expand with other Imperial forces such as the Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, and Officio Assassinorum. I would like to include the "Techwatch" (Deathwatch) as well.

Optional Extras:
I also have my share of classic Adeptus Astartes models, although completing a specific army has always eluded me. I have never done a specifically small army, let alone one requiring various allied factions, and the visceral drama of the Inquisition has intrigued me since Dan Abnett's Eisenhorn trilogy began in 2001. John Blanche's "The Inquisitor Sketchbook" (2005) was also a big factor.

Thematic Choice:
This army will be focused around the Ordo Machinum, as quoted above from the 6th edition Codex: Inquisition.
As the Ordo operates within such close proximity of the Adeptus Mechanicus, even travelling with the Explorator Fleets to survey archeotech finds and recoveries, it would be possible for select elements of allied forces to accompany the Inquisitors. These allies, from whichever Imperial Faction, would have some ties to the Adeptus Mechanicus as well. These allies, for the most part, would need to be trusted and respected as working in the Omnissiah's best interests. Comparable to Astartes' Techmarines who make their vows to Mars and the Omnissiah yet still serve in their Chapter's service, so too do these Imperial Agents commit themselves in a similar fashion while serving the Ordo Machinum.

I want to give any allied factions a "mechanicus-tech" look and feel to their models. I can see myself looking over much of John Blanche's artwork in the days to come.

Ciao!

Edited by Murlynd

Very cool concept. Look forward to seeing how it develops. 'Techwatch' is a pretty nifty idea, as well - not least because, given the significant resources available to the average potentially doctrinally iffy forge-coven, having an Astartes-based Chamber Militant seems understandable. [There's iirc occasional fluff around Deathwatch deployments where it's *Xenos* related tech-heresy that's going on, but clearly this is broader in scope. Will be interested to see what aesthetics they wind up with - whether going down the 'techmarine' visuals approach, or the opposite and having more *anti-* technologic styling. And,f or that matter, whether they're drawn from one chapter specially created for the purpose, or many more Deathwatch style.] 

Very cool concept. Look forward to seeing how it develops. 'Techwatch' is a pretty nifty idea, as well - not least because, given the significant resources available to the average potentially doctrinally iffy forge-coven, having an Astartes-based Chamber Militant seems understandable. [There's iirc occasional fluff around Deathwatch deployments where it's *Xenos* related tech-heresy that's going on, but clearly this is broader in scope. Will be interested to see what aesthetics they wind up with - whether going down the 'techmarine' visuals approach, or the opposite and having more *anti-* technologic styling. And,f or that matter, whether they're drawn from one chapter specially created for the purpose, or many more Deathwatch style.] 

Yea, for Techwatch I didn't necessarily want to use straight Deathwatch background. Similar but different. There are many Ordos, so I thought each would want their own type. I was thinking of a more Techmarine look, even using the DW multiple chapter recruits. Techmarines would be seen by AdMechs as being a bit more trustworthy than a standard SM as they've sworn oaths to Mars, etc. Not sure if I want to use the DW Inquisitor pad or not. If so, maybe in another color like Bronze or gold, rather than DW silver. Recognizable on the table rules-wise at least. Maybe a skull-cog on the knee stripe DW scheme.

The white letters are invisible when I view this page on my smartphone; the gray letters are difficult to see. You're probably better off putting such details in quote boxes

Sorry about that. I swapped it to red, but that looks a little weird. I may just swap it back to B&C auto-normal. That's what I get for trying to be fancy. :biggrin.:

Edited by Murlynd