Aeronautica Imperialis Returns!

I'm such a nerd that I downloaded a bunch of pics of WW2 fighter paint schemes and bomber nose art to work from. I need a life :rolleyes:

I was thinking modern USAF grey with a darker patch on top (like an F-22) but that seemed boring after I thought about it. So now I’m thinking Luffewaffa style green on top, light grey underneath. But yeah, WW2 images here I come!

I wonder if the Ork Dakkajet kit can build the Mek version (with the KFF) or if that will be a future kit. Assuming they release the starter box along with the planes separately as well, I might have to get a second set of Orks so I can paint them as Bad Moons as well as some red Evil Sunz.

Your safest bet is to just convert it yourself for if/when they make Mek rules. I fully intend to make ork biplanes, an X-Wing, and an SR71 clone. Is there a bigger ork plane to make an AC130 conversion?

Still reading “Double Eagle” and I don’t know why it bothers me but it turns out Thunderbolts and Marauders were VTOL capable. I kinda like the romanticism of futuristic aircraft needing to taxi and takeoff/land normally. I was even hoping the Tbolt, which looks like a P40, had dual front and one tiny rear wheel like a WW2 fighter.

Stupid gripe, I know, but it kinda makes me a little sad. I wanted to make some runway and ATC terrain for Titanicus.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Your safest bet is to just convert it yourself for if/when they make Mek rules. I fully intend to make ork biplanes, an X-Wing, and an SR71 clone. Is there a bigger ork plane to make an AC130 conversion?

Ork Heavy Bommer/Blaster Bommer is your friend. Even has the side mounted guns.

You can still make an airbase if you want, just have some landing pads instead of runways. This is an example of the old AI terrain in the model masterclass book.

img_1641.jpg

It may be a blessing. A 2km runway would be about 7m long on the table, assuming 6mm scale or 1:285 scale!

Edited by Beaky Brigade

I have that book!

Is the box set's board made of cardboard or game mat material? I'm assuming it's foldable cardboard like BB.

I don't believe that info has been released yet but I'd say you're spot on about it being cardboard. It's got to go in that Square box after all.

...Is there a bigger ork plane to make an AC130 conversion?

I don't want to give anything away just yet, but I strongly recommend you keep an eye on Vanguard Miniatures' website over the next few months...  :whistling:

I just want the body, I'll convert it myself. 

I don't want to give anything away just yet, but I strongly recommend you keep an eye on Vanguard Miniatures' website over the next few months... :whistling:

I once used a 1/48 V-22 Osprey kit to make a VTOL heavy transport for my Air Mobile guard army, back in the early days of apocalypse....

I don't want to give anything away just yet, but I strongly recommend you keep an eye on Vanguard Miniatures' website over the next few months...  :whistling:

Killing me, trying to not spill the beans, but what I'm sculpting for Vanguard will give options for a bomber or gunship version of something Orky, and big. :wink:  

• 2 weeks later...

So, there is a 'demonstration' set of A.I. inbound (apparently) for around £55, that will drop in early September. I'll hazard a guess that this will not be the full starter set, but a scaled-back version, without the full set of cards, miniatures, etc that will be in the 'proper' starter. I hope I am proven wrong, however, and it turns out to be a good value deal. 

The price point might help encourage potential players to pick up a box, and have a go at initial release. Certainly more so than the buy-in point for Titanicus with the GM edition!

I might be wrong but I believe the full starter set of AI will be £55 rrp, the demo sets are separate sets that are getting sent to stores to demo the game for when preorders go live

I hope this is the thing, why would they sell an incomplete starter set unless 55 pounds is the cost of a squad?

Up for preorder on Saturday, all prices GW RRP
Starter set (2x Thunderbolt, 2x Marauder, 3x Dakka Jet, 2x Fighta Bommerz, paper gaming mat, rules booklet, tokens, dice)  £55

Rynn's World book (expanded rule book with more scenarios and a campgian system) £22

Rynn's World board (card gaming mat, bigger then the one in the starter set) £26

Thunderbolt Fighters set (4x models) £25

Marauder Bomber set (2x models) £25

Marauder Destroyer set (2x models) £25

Dakka Jet set (6x Models) £25

Fighta Bommerz set (4x Models) £25

Imperial Navy Aircraft and Aces cards £16

Ork Aircraft and Aces cards £16

Imperial dice £10

Ork dice £10

Ground assests and objectives kit £25

So, there is a 'demonstration' set of A.I. inbound (apparently) for around £55, that will drop in early September. I'll hazard a guess that this will not be the full starter set, but a scaled-back version, without the full set of cards, miniatures, etc that will be in the 'proper' starter. I hope I am proven wrong, however, and it turns out to be a good value deal. 

The price point might help encourage potential players to pick up a box, and have a go at initial release. Certainly more so than the buy-in point for Titanicus with the GM edition!

Umm... this one? Fits your description (there are no cards in the starter either), and is a good deal by GWs standards. Not really news or rumours though...

Reread Deff Skwadron last night, great fun. I hope Uzgob or Killboy are aces in the book.

Deff Skwadron deserves its own campaign book! All Ork - versus - Ork action though, so not the best idea in terms of selling miniatures. But, a new set of cards for the Deff Skwadron boyz and their gubbinz, with the original artwork, would be a must-have for me. 

Reread Deff Skwadron last night, great fun. I hope Uzgob or Killboy are aces in the book.

Deff Skwadron deserves its own campaign book! All Ork - versus - Ork action though, so not the best idea in terms of selling miniatures. But, a new set of cards for the Deff Skwadron boyz and their gubbinz, with the original artwork, would be a must-have for me.

Unleash the SquigBombz

Went to the local GW today - they had the demo kit ready & painted up, but none of the regular products yet.

IRL, the planes seemed a little bit smaller than in all the spoilers around the net.

They're still somewhat big, just not as gigantic as some photos/vids make them out to be.

Detail of the models is great and they look gorgeous, especially painted up.

Next weekend there'll be demo rounds of AI, hopefully I'll be able to go and get a round in.

well the news & rumors got closed when this came out so i guess we're here to chat about it now :sweat:

I'm loving this set, may take a while to get all the required stuff but it's a great starter set to begin with anyway... I look forward to 3rd party peeps doing a Rynn's world map from mouse pad material :wink:

Mithril