Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Horus Heresy Preview: Dark Angels and Book 9: Crusade

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,588 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

At long last! woot.gif

I've been waiting for that since Book 1. I'm really happy with what I'm seeing, can't wait to make a proper Heresy-era DA Army!

LOYALTY IS ITS OWN REWARD!!!

• G8Keeper, Marshal Rohr, Cactus and 14 others like this

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,835 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Definitely a win. Want to see the concept art for their Terran robits.

It’s weird how they keep shifting the secondary colors for the dark angels though. Started with a silver and now have a strong red presence. Will have to see how they want to do subtle markings/colors for different wings.

I've seen it mentioned from the Q&A yesterday that the Terran robots were canned. Pile of salt with that though, since I've no clue how reliable that report was.

On a wider note though. What blows my mind, unless I'm reading too much into it, is that the Hexagrammaton is mentioned separately from Rites of War. Does this mean we can expect TSons Cult style rules for each wing..?

I’m curious where the source of those robots came from? Hopefully they replace them with something interesting.
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 678 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Some pretty solid miniatures here, that Terminator Praetor in particular looks very nice.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Darkwrath121

Darkwrath121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 450 posts

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Definitely a win. Want to see the concept art for their Terran robits.

It’s weird how they keep shifting the secondary colors for the dark angels though. Started with a silver and now have a strong red presence. Will have to see how they want to do subtle markings/colors for different wings.

I've seen it mentioned from the Q&A yesterday that the Terran robots were canned. Pile of salt with that though, since I've no clue how reliable that report was.

On a wider note though. What blows my mind, unless I'm reading too much into it, is that the Hexagrammaton is mentioned separately from Rites of War. Does this mean we can expect TSons Cult style rules for each wing..?
I’m curious where the source of those robots came from? Hopefully they replace them with something interesting.
Was from a brief summary of the Q&A on /tg/. I'm not assuming anything, but since it's the only source I could find on what was said there, I'm preparing for a sad, robotless existence until things are confirmed either way.

Edited by Darkwrath121, 12 May 2019 - 02:23 PM.

• depthcharge12 likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,344 posts
These are absolutely amazing! Well worth the long wait :)

Can’t wait to see what they have got coming for us in the way of special units and vehicles.

RedFurioso

RedFurioso

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts

So, Crusade is the new official book title instead of Angelus? Not just working title? It's not mentioned on the Warhammer Community website...

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,183 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
Well, just days after I'd said to my boy I had enough DA.

There is no leaving the Rock, Loyalty Unto Death.
  • Warhead01, G8Keeper, Raztalin and 5 others like this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,480 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Never thought I'd want to collect a 30k Legion army, but now it looks like I'm joining the traitors.

You need to purchase an earlier book then.

4bVlhOy.jpg

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

Honestly, I can't even comprehend how much I am in love with these releases. When it came to models I was simply looking for the Cataphractii Terminators in the artwork being done as they were depicted, but seeing this makes methinking they're going to surpass even that.

If these are released at the FW Open Day then I will make a bee-line for the event. But that's the only thing that could get me there.

• RedFurioso likes this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED!

I am so setting aside money for these when they come out. Because, yes!

Chaoself

Chaoself

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
That is my plan,too. :)

gallery_122412_15999_6526.png

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,344 posts
All sculpted by the extremely talented Alexandre Dumillard, he has been such a great addition to the FW model designing team.

Edited by Robbienw, 12 May 2019 - 02:57 PM.

• Dosjetka, Petitioner's City and Chaplain Grey Raven like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,137 posts
Happy tears. So excited for these, they look absolutely phenomenal. Exactly the style I'd hoped for turned up to ELEVEN BABY!

However can't wait for the special terminator unit in Tartaros to mismatch the preator, of course ;) however if they break that cycle....
  • rendingon1+ likes this

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,213 posts
Ok, FW has knocked it out of the park with the First Legion! I hope the long, long wait for its followers is vindicated now, and hopefully with more to come in the form of special units and rules. The praetors look fantastic and very knightly and decorated, which I guess fits more with the Calibanite side of the Legion, but if you want to go more Terran, you can still use the generic praetors as a base, which are still fantastic sculpts.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

DuskWalker

DuskWalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Wowee, those praetors especially are gorgeous. I'm also really excited to see how they handle the rest of the Hexagrammaton. The new DAoT relics also sound like they could be very neat, if the psyarkana from Book 8 are anything to go by.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

Happy tears. So excited for these, they look absolutely phenomenal. Exactly the style I'd hoped for turned up to ELEVEN BABY!

However can't wait for the special terminator unit in Tartaros to mismatch the preator, of course msn-wink.gif however if they break that cycle....

Imagine if the Deathwing models get BOTH Tartaros and Cataphractii :drool:

Ok, FW has knocked it out of the park with the First Legion! I hope the long, long wait for its followers is vindicated now, and hopefully with more to come in the form of special units and rules. The praetors look fantastic and very knightly and decorated, which I guess fits more with the Calibanite side of the Legion, but if you want to go more Terran, you can still use the generic praetors as a base, which are still fantastic sculpts.

Oh yeah. I'm in love with these sculpts. And it's good for me, looks like I'm only getting a Deredeo from Forge World. I can wait for the new Dark Angel dreadnoughts wub.gif

Wowee, those praetors especially are gorgeous. I'm also really excited to see how they handle the rest of the Hexagrammaton. The new DAoT relics also sound like they could be very neat, if the psyarkana from Book 8 are anything to go by.

I'm in agreement, the new relics sound interesting

Edited by Gederas, 12 May 2019 - 07:35 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,728 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

They all look magnificent, very happy for our 1st Legion frater who've been waiting so long.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,183 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
And they still haven't shown the Lion yet.

Be Calm, Be Patient, Behave...
  • Warhead01, SickSix, GorgeousGoat and 1 other like this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,092 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
This honestly might be enough to get me back to 30k
  • Interrogator Stobz and Gorgoff like this

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
That Praetor is baddass! I like them all! Dammit now thats 3 legions I want to build.

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts
I love that color scheme for the Dark Angels. Wish they kept it that way... even though the green looks good too.

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,291 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant
Ah crud I'd planned on canning my 30k....looks like it's had a massive stay of execution and my DA will grow forever more.
gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,468 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Damn now thats how FW should have handled the last few legions! Glad to hear those robots are gone too, hopefully in favour of Death/Raven wing bits!

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts

In case anyone had missed it here's that DA art from earlier. Fest2019-Sun11-Artist1ujce.jpg

• Noserenda, Volt and ShibeKing like this

mkbKIlr.png

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,642 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Oracles
That contemptor is a beauty
And that termie praetor is also great, who doesn't love archeotech pistols?

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

Knowledge is a power as lethal as any blade, as much to the wielder as to his foe. Wield it well, in the Emperor’s name. ~ Brother-Oracle Zophiel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users