Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ETL VII is coming...

ETL VII

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

B&C-20

The Inner Circle Presents:

gallery_48988_15200_502144.png

E TENEBRAE LUX VII - 2019

THE BOLTER & CHAINSWORD EDITION

Celebrating 20 Years of B&C

June 1st - September 1st 2019

• Prot, Forté, Thrall_Love and 4 others like this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,054 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Get ready boys, we have no excuse to lose this year! :D

• Prot likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts

Well, with the influx of the new minis for Chaos, participation will not be a problem. Commitment though? well that's the core of it! :D

• ChazSexington likes this

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,939 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
Woohoo! Fire up the engines lads, we're going in hot!

Dragonlover

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts

A month ago I did not even know what "ETL" means, but I am more than thrilled to take part in this years event! A great opportunity to get me motivated. I have more than enough Death Guard ready to go, and the new Chaos Knight should be available just in time.

GET IT ON!

• Captain Semper, Excessus and Dragonlover like this

Iron-Daemon Forge

Iron-Daemon Forge

++PRODITOR VESANUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,049 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Commitment though? 

I am strongly thinking about getting this Thousand Son's force on the go & it wouldn't cost me to much ether.  Same time, my Chaos Knight army about to get a few new units thank to Bio & then with Games Workshop recent preview.

Then there few character I still need to add to my World Eater & Death Guards.  As always, adding onto my IW's biggrin.png

Just as long as I don't get a horrible virus like right now.  I should be ok.

• Captain Semper and Dragonlover like this

"perhaps the Ruinous Powers favour you....?"

Iron-Daemon Forge Facebook page
Iron-Daemon Forge Instagram

Call_of_Chaos_Banner_03_Completion.jpgCall_of_Chaos_Badge_05.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_29004_9303_6178.pnggallery_29004_9303_25996.jpggallery_29004_10383_9506.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1975.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gif

IW 5th Grand Company record since 04: Games play 1053
White Dwarf August 2013 Army of the Month.
Now accepting Games Workshop commission, from painting to converting (UK/Europe only for the time being) PM me or send a email. Note - New web site coming soon.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,939 posts

@ Iron-Daemon Forge: You've changed your name. Please don't change the avatar as well, that'll confuse me even more! I'm looking forward to painting with you once again!

@ Darnok: the beauty of the ETL (based on previous years anyway) is that Knights are legal for everyone, so any you already have are gonna be valid from the first day.

Dragonlover

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts

Commitment though? 

I am strongly thinking about getting this Thousand Son's force on the go & it wouldn't cost me to much ether.  Same time, my Chaos Knight army about to get a few new units thank to Bio & then with Games Workshop recent preview.

Then there few character I still need to add to my World Eater & Death Guards.  As always, adding onto my IW's biggrin.png

Just as long as I don't get a horrible virus like right now.  I should be ok.

Yeah, IP, I assume it's you right? msn-wink.gif

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts

Some other subforums already had their "ETL prep threads" up. I wonder why there is nothing like this for Chaos? Activity will hopefully be higher through the actual ETL. thumbsup.gif

If I understood last years rules correctly, I can paint anything for CSM, Daemons or the upcoming Chaos Knight codex, and it all counts towards the Chaos subforums. This could be single units each, I don't have to end with a "legal army", right?

@ Darnok: the beauty of the ETL (based on previous years anyway) is that Knights are legal for everyone, so any you already have are gonna be valid from the first day.

To be honest I am not a fan of Knights in "regular" 40K. The new Chaos Knight is just too damn awesome to miss out on. And ETL will hopefully help me getting enough DG painted to have an army worthy of Knight support.

• Captain Semper likes this

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,349 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers

Commitment though?

I am strongly thinking about getting this Thousand Son's force on the go & it wouldn't cost me to much ether. Same time, my Chaos Knight army about to get a few new units thank to Bio & then with Games Workshop recent preview.
Then there few character I still need to add to my World Eater & Death Guards. As always, adding onto my IW's biggrin.png

Just as long as I don't get a horrible virus like right now. I should be ok.

Yeah, IP, I assume it's you right? msn-wink.gif
It is. Even I know the connection to the new name 😂

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,939 posts

Some other subforums already had their "ETL prep threads" up. I wonder why there is nothing like this for Chaos? Activity will hopefully be higher through the actual ETL. thumbsup.gif

If I understood last years rules correctly, I can paint anything for CSM, Daemons or the upcoming Chaos Knight codex, and it all counts towards the Chaos subforums. This could be single units each, I don't have to end with a "legal army", right?

To be honest I am not a fan of Knights in "regular" 40K. The new Chaos Knight is just too damn awesome to miss out on. And ETL will hopefully help me getting enough DG painted to have an army worthy of Knight support.

I've been waiting for the event to be officially announced before starting a prep thread, expect it within the next 24 hours.

Dragonlover

• Captain Semper and Excessus like this

Freakshow668

Freakshow668

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 144 posts
  • Faction: Chaos
Whoop whoop, got my ducks in order and can't wait to get painting. LET THE GALAXY BURN!
  • Captain Semper and Dragonlover like this

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,349 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers

Whoop whoop, got my ducks in order and can't wait to get painting. LET THE GALAXY BURN!

Don't joke. Ducks have done well in painting comps this year.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts

Some other subforums already had their "ETL prep threads" up. I wonder why there is nothing like this for Chaos? Activity will hopefully be higher through the actual ETL. :tu:

You need to choose a Forum. If you choose CSMs then you can have everything that’s in the CSM Codex plus Renegade Knights from Chapter Approved 2018 and the relevant bits from FW. Similarly, if you choose Daemons, you get the Daemon Codex, the Renegade Knights and the Daemon stuff from FW. Take a look at last year’s various Chaos Outposts to get an idea and feel free to PM me to discuss further. :)

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts

You need to choose a Forum. If you choose CSMs then you can have everything that’s in the CSM Codex plus Renegade Knights from Chapter Approved 2018 and the relevant bits from FW. Similarly, if you choose Daemons, you get the Daemon Codex, the Renegade Knights and the Daemon stuff from FW. Take a look at last year’s various Chaos Outposts to get an idea and feel free to PM me to discuss further. smile.png

Understood.

How will the upcoming Codex: Chaos Knights be handled? It will most likely be out before ETL VII is over.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts
It will substitute the Renegade Knights list from the Chapter Approved 2018 that, I assume, it will be rendered obsolete. The general rule is, we go by the most recent publication.
  • Darnok likes this

Brother Talarian

Brother Talarian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the rules and how ETL works?

Or provide a quick summary. Cheers!
  • Dragonlover likes this

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,939 posts

Last years event is here, this years rules won't go up till June but I can't imagine them being *that* much different.

Also I got that planning thread started: http://www.bolterand...x-we-rise-anew/

Dragonlover

• Darnok likes this

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

You need to choose a Forum. If you choose CSMs then you can have everything that’s in the CSM Codex plus Renegade Knights from Chapter Approved 2018 and the relevant bits from FW. Similarly, if you choose Daemons, you get the Daemon Codex, the Renegade Knights and the Daemon stuff from FW. Take a look at last year’s various Chaos Outposts to get an idea and feel free to PM me to discuss further. smile.png

So, no CSM with daemons and vice versa?  Hmm... that puts me with some hard choices for this year.

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts

So, no CSM with daemons and vice versa?  Hmm... that puts me with some hard choices for this year.

I feel the same, for I have a sizable painted Daemon army that could use some reinforcements. But I will go with Death Guard nonetheless, for they provide me with a new painted army. And I can include most Nurgle daemons in a DG force, so there is some synergy.

Remember that at least the "basic" daemons can be fielded in a CSM army.

Leonite

Leonite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 588 posts

Urgh, I'm not gonna be able to pull off the same performance as last year because I'm due to be out of the country early August on. I'll probably vow a character or two, but on this occasion I think I'll be having a subdued ETL

Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_04.gETL_Medal_02.gif

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts

Last years event is here, this years rules won't go up till June but I can't imagine them being *that* much different.

Also I got that planning thread started: http://www.bolterand...x-we-rise-anew/

Dragonlover

The rules will be very similar to last year’s. ;)

You need to choose a Forum. If you choose CSMs then you can have everything that’s in the CSM Codex plus Renegade Knights from Chapter Approved 2018 and the relevant bits from FW. Similarly, if you choose Daemons, you get the Daemon Codex, the Renegade Knights and the Daemon stuff from FW. Take a look at last year’s various Chaos Outposts to get an idea and feel free to PM me to discuss further. :)

Well, the ETL was always about making hard choices... :D

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,636 posts

Well, with the influx of the new minis for Chaos, participation will not be a problem. Commitment though? well that's the core of it! :D

Commitment?! Do not tempt the fate of the dark gods Semper! Do you realize what it’s like to live in something called the Cicatrix Maledictum? Do have any idea how hard it is to get groceries in such a place? Or a good pizza?

You want commitment? How about no less than 13 Crusades? (We’re talking commitment here right? Not successes?)

I rest my case you’ll have more chaotic commitment than you can handle. ( Right guys?!)
  • Darnok likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts
Look fwd to it! :P
  • Prot likes this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Ever since my neighbours cat started to come to see me in the backyard like it was my own pet cat, I have begun to question commitment as a concept lol. 

For real though, I will probably pledge some FW stuff for CSM.  

• Prot and Captain Semper like this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL VII

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users