Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ETL VII is coming...

ETL VII

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I activate my no bases for 1st time ETL entry this year card then.whistling.gif  Its just bases and transfers are low priority for me when I got 100+ guys sitting on my desk needing to be painted. I got just the thing in mind to pledge in addition to the 6 rotor havocs for an out of vow HH entry.  

• Captain Semper likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,778 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

@ Semper: Re: your point about Havocs:

Hidden Content

So... considering the rotor/reaper cannon (many ppl using the FW rotor cannons as reaper cannons) is legit, considering 2x5=10, considering a big shooty thing is more points and more paint work than a small shooty thing and thus would be allowed as counts-as, would my suggestion:

Hidden Content

be considered ETL legal - provided one of the five guys in both squads looks more elaborate and could be considered an officer/aspiring champion?

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 20 May 2019 - 07:41 AM.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
The man had only 6 rotor cannons... Not enough for two squads. Otherwise something like what you suggest might have worked.

Just as a general reminder, the “count-as” is not to be used to allow everybody to do everything. As such, every ruling is on a case-by-case basis - not for creating a specific lists of what count-as what. Generally speaking people should make every effort to go for wysiwyg and the “count-as” should only be invoked as a last resort.
  • battle captain corpus, Augustus b'Raass and ChazSexington like this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,449 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
It could also be a 5 man havoc squad with flashy sergeant, and a single OOC rotor cannon man?
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,778 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

It could also be a 5 man havoc squad with flashy sergeant, and a single OOC rotor cannon man?

no because havocs may only take 4 heavy weapons.... could be two squads of three though. But then there's the problem of what to do with the other two guys in those two squads...

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,449 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

I meant something along the lines of:
Havoc squad
4 havocs with rotor cannon
1 havoc champion with ?counts as twin linked bolter?

then out of competition one havoc

sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

obsidian quacker

obsidian quacker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 117 posts
  • Faction: black templars, Sacred Rose

I have a feeling that I'd be supporting the Chaos Space Marines this event after a difficult decision against two other factions. Got a bit of a backlog going on the new releases anyway.

Just a question, I've got a named character who should be the colours of a specific legion, however what I've made so far is of another legion. I want this named character to be painted like the legion I'm currently collecting so he matches and I'm not too comfortable with cutting bits off of him for other bits. For the purposes of the ETL would it be ok to pledge him as the named character or would he have to be a normal Chaos Lord?

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpggallery_45765_12606_7212.png

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,056 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
So long as they're all the same codex, it shouldn't matter.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts

I have a feeling that I'd be supporting the Chaos Space Marines this event after a difficult decision against two other factions. Got a bit of a backlog going on the new releases anyway.

Just a question, I've got a named character who should be the colours of a specific legion, however what I've made so far is of another legion. I want this named character to be painted like the legion I'm currently collecting so he matches and I'm not too comfortable with cutting bits off of him for other bits. For the purposes of the ETL would it be ok to pledge him as the named character or would he have to be a normal Chaos Lord?

How you paint your miniatures is your own decision - who knows, maybe Abaddon has a yellow suit of armour somewhere... tongue.png

Seriously though, the ETL is not policing your choice of colours. What were interested in, is for people to pledge game-legal units with WYSIWG equipment and priced according to the most recent official source that is compatible with your Forum of choice (Codex, Chapter Approved, Erratas, etc.).

So you want to make a black Khârn? be my guest! A pink Abaddon with little ciel elephants dotted all over him? fine by me! You are the one who will have to live with them! biggrin.png

If you go to last year's ETL FAQ's and you check out "special characters and count-as special characters"section, I think it'll help you see where we're going from on this.

In short, a special character is a special character no matter the colour you choose to paint him.
  • Forté, Augustus b'Raass, Atia and 1 other like this

obsidian quacker

obsidian quacker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 117 posts
  • Faction: black templars, Sacred Rose

Thank you for the replies Iron Father Ferrum and Captain Semper.

That's good for me, I was planning on turning Khârn into a fluffy bunny and Abbadon into a pink and white sun worshipping elephant! I'm fine with living with that, slannesh is in fashion at the moment anyway.

I kid, nothing that drastic.

I'm glad that's okay-ed and the result should appear in the event.

(I didn't know that Khârn auto corrects to have the accent)

Edited by obsidian quacker, 21 May 2019 - 08:59 PM.

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpggallery_45765_12606_7212.png

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,349 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
I think Abaddon would look fine in pink. Takes a strong person to be confident in pink. Black however is the clothing colour of people who want to hide something or going for a formal event. How dull 😉
  • Captain Semper, 40kChris, obsidian quacker and 1 other like this

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Black is good as well when you are a bit "bloated", makes you look thinner. msn-wink.gif

• Captain Semper, obsidian quacker and Ashenwyte like this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,334 posts

(I didn't know that Khârn auto corrects to have the accent)

Neither did I! :lol:

I think Abaddon would look fine in pink. Takes a strong person to be confident in pink. Black however is the clothing colour of people who want to hide something or going for a formal event. How dull

Well, a Black Crusade is sort of a formal event... :lol:
  • 40kChris, Forté and obsidian quacker like this

40kChris

40kChris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 488 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

I've been looking forward to this... and I'm looking at the 3 converted Masters of Executions, as Flawless Host, on my desk ready for primer once the humidity dries out a bit.

DeRome90

DeRome90

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Iron Warriors

I am currently thinking how I should split up my vows and need some help.

ATM I have the following:

Built (partly primed):
Daemon Prince with wings, and a Warp Bolter (if flamming skulls count as Warp Bolter)

Dark Apostle with Plasma pistol (if I'm right this would be legit due to the Index, otherwise I need to cut of his arm or demote him to a Chaos Lord)

Master of Execution

Master of Possession

2 Greater Possessed

2x5 Possessed

2 Obliterators

Malignant Plaguecaster

Typhus (a converted LoC)

9 Plague Marines

Biologus Putrifier

Helbrute with Twin Lascannon

Noxious Blightbringer

Foetid Bloat-drone with 2 Plaguespitters

Chaos Rhino

WIP:

2x5 Chaos Space Marines

5 Warp Talons

1 Obliterator

3 Deathshroud conversions

Myphitic Blight Hauler

Planned:

10 Fallen

Cypher

Sorcerer

5 Terminators

5 Plague Marines

If we exclude the planned stuff, how would you splitt the vows? I think that the Death Guard Part is not the problem with the painting scheme I have in mind (dirty white with green trims and a lot of washes). I will start on a test model for the Word Bearer part this weekend.

gallery 48988 10069 5316

Ultramarines 3rd Company                                  Iron Warriors 55th Great Company

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL VII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users