ETL VII is coming...

Think I'll be painting as Daemons this year - while I do want to paint my shadowspear models, most of the models in my paint queue are daemons (plus all those new sweet slannesh HQ models).

I have a feeling that a lot of the daemons that are going to be painted this year will be slannesh. :)

Semper, you must sure run out of Likes come ETL time - unless you HQ folks have a different limit than us peons. :)

Incidentally, my question related to the Notilith Crown was actually about painting it for a daemon army.  While (I'm told) it is the new CSM codex, it is also in Vigilus Ablaze, which includes both daemon and CSM units.  It also doesn't have the HERETICUS ASTARTES keyword but only the CHAOS one.

I would like to paint mine for ETL with my daemons, so if you could let me know whether that is okay or not, that would be great.

Incidentally, Chaos Knights may be out before ETL is over - what happens if I paint up a renegade knight at the beginning of ETL and its loadout is invalidated by the new codex?

Ok, regarding the Crown, I’ll allow it for all Chaos forums.

Now as regards the situation where a new publication comes out during the life of the event:

Well, the way we handle that is that the relevant units pledged under the previous publication remain unchanged, both in terms of loadouts and points. But if you pledge a new unit after the new relevant publication is out, then you go by the new rules. There is no retrospective repricing. In effect units must be priced correctly under the most recent list at the time of pledging.. You are bound by that, even if the new relevant publication comes out before you declare completion.

On the “likes” front... “I cannot say”

Can I pledge a unit of 8 plaguebearers or the minimum is 10?

It has to be a game-legal unit. I think the minimum unit size for Plaguebearers is 10, so 8 would not be enough for ETL.

Can I pledge a unit of 8 plaguebearers or the minimum is 10?

As previously said it should be game legal - so minimum squad size is a must.

Square bases are legal?

Base shape is not an issue for the ETL currently.

That only applies for the IFOR, i.e. Imperial Forces. 

The units that count for the Daemon Forum are the ones that come from the Daemon Codex and from FW.  A more detailed list will be in the Outpost but that's generally the idea. Oh, and Titans and Renegade Knight are also allowed.