ETL VII is coming...

Captain Semper

*cracks knuckles, stretches acutators*

Right boys, let's get this show on the road! I'm in a much better position this time around than I was last time, so hopefully we can do even better than last year.

...Hey semper, i assume the answer to scratchbuilt tomb citadel is still no?

Yesssss.... he says reluctantly... I'm sure you'd do a great job, and if the ETL can motivate you do it, it can always be an o-o-c entry. It still will be eligible for the Artificer badge but won't contribute any points... :(

Right on then! :tu: Guess I better finish designing what i need to design before i lose access to the printer for a couple months (picks back up in august, if i leave it that late, so I'll have some manner of fallback).

It very well may be an OOC entry...get me to actually do it instead of talk about it as i have been for...*checks chrono*...a few years (and not even here!). 

In any case i should have a thousand or more points in reserve, including a surprise that will leave you all shocked and horrified (i hope)....

Alright , last year I went with tau and that was not for the greater good ...

So this year I think I’ll come home to my first ever army and do me some more Necrons.

That monolith that needs a complete redo is still looking at me from my desk !!

And I have an awesome idea for a C’tan conversion so I guess now is the right time !...

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Right...time to rekindle the painting circuits and start actually finishing projects.  It's been too long since I completed a painting vow on these forums and even longer since I had a painted army to field.  Makes it a great time for the ETL to be happening!

I was all set to rejoin chaos for this ETL but my daughter has sparked a new idea so Necrons it will be.  Think I'll start with that untouched Forgebane box that has been taunting me.  Not sure if I'll vow it all together or break it up some.  There are a few things I want to try with painting the 'crons and I don't have a good idea how long it will take to finish a single fig much less multiple units.    

Shard of Magnus: if you have access to some bits, and maybe a 3d printer, you can turn those armigers into triarch stalkers for ETL...semper let me do it last year, alternatively you may choose to pursue your own conversions but I managed to turn all the admech stuff in that box into necron models....

Triarch Stalker armiger conversion ETL2018 vow 3

Be creative!

And welcome to the tombs, brother.

Also: quick tip for painting necron infantry: rattlecan silver and then wash, or just mass drybrush leadbelcher, if you are going with a traditional color scheme.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

This will give me all the reason I need to get unpacked after I move and finish the last 500ish points of my Necron collection.

Well...maybe just this phase of my Necron collection, since we all know "finished" is a little strong of a word to toss around in this hobby :lol:

@ NTaW - your moving bud!?.. hope its not far and your army doesn't get killed in stasis :sweat:

And the term "Finished" is only used when describing a model that has been painted and clear coated...it in no way is used in conjunction with the words Army or Armies :tongue.:  

what do you have to paint NTaW..?..

@Daimyo-<snip>Lenoch - i see you finished your version of the Armigers :thumbsup:  well done...Perhaps mine will be done this year for the ETL

cheers, Mithril

Mithril, my move shouldn't be too rough on the models since I have a foam spot and case for just about every one I own. Finding a place on the other hand...

I have the two official Cryptek models, 5 Lychguard, 10 Immortals, and a Spider to paint. 565 points in total, though all but the Spider still needs to be assembled so that will burn time. If I'm able to get unpacked and set up in time I should be able to get at least a few models completed.

On June 1st, the starting date of the event, the will be a special thread in all Forums called the [Forum] Outpost where you can post your “before” pics, your WIP and your completions. You may also use those threads to discuss the ETL and do espionage... just wait a couple more days. :)

I'm gonna wait until I can play with the Contrast paints before I decide whether or not to pledge. I historically have made good progress early in the ETL and then gotten burned out and resented painting for a while so I don't want to risk doing that again. If I do pledge, it will be with Necrons though.