From the Eye to the Vortex, we rise anew!

Im going through a crazy 'I need to build Spawn, each one bigger and disturbing than the last' phase. Having LOAAADS of ideas this morning for some reason. May have to purchase some actual Spawn minis for bits on friday. 

If we have some odd counts-as that are looking to be painted (like running unchanged FW Horus as my Abaddon for example) that works? assuming 30k is not a part of this.

If you want to do HH stuff, you may very well pledge for the AoD forum - which itself, and for the purposes of the ETL, is further divided to Loyalists and Traitors!

So this will be my first ETL, I have a very large 30k dark angels army to do but the new chaos marines were just too good not to get. I'll be pledging my allegiance to the dark gods I think!

I have a load of new & old marines to paint up for my Red Corsairs, 2.5k I think. And about 1.5k of death guard. I'm taking Friday off work to get the converting done.

Just need to remember to vow sensibly!

So this will be my first ETL, I have a very large 30k dark angels army to do but the new chaos marines were just too good not to get. I'll be pledging my allegiance to the dark gods I think!

I have a load of new & old marines to paint up for my Red Corsairs, 2.5k I think. And about 1.5k of death guard. I'm taking Friday off work to get the converting done.

Just need to remember to vow sensibly!

That sounds great! If you want to, you could also do a unit (or three) of Fallen. It might become some sort of Chaos forum project for this years ETL. See here:thumbsup: 

Either way, glad to have you on board!

Ooooor, you could do 40k Dark Angels. Just saying.... :whistling:

Which, by doing Fallen, he would be. Just saying... :tongue.:

Out of comp challenge?!!? Best Spawn?? Everybody loves Spawn!!

I'd be up for that! Currently in the process of building a Spawn for my Necromunda Chaos Cult, which would fit perfectly.

That sounds great! If you want to, you could also do a unit (or three) of Fallen. It might become some sort of Chaos forum project for this years ETL. See here! :thumbsup:

Either way, glad to have you on board!

Which, by doing Fallen, he would be. Just saying... :tongue.:
Well I do have a converted 30k cypher to paint. I could get the 40k cypher too, they would count.......right?!

I'll get a spawn to paint up if we're doing that - I love spawn! 

On that note - I will be pledging my allegiance to the Dark Gods - I'll be painting in 500 point vows so that I do not fail. If I do all 5, that's 2500 points! But, I'm hoping at the very least to do the Dark Vengeance set in this space. Might throw in a couple of characters (Harkann and a Daemon Prince) to make up the points... If Chaos Knights comes out during this time - that might be one to have too! 

What are my fellow Chaos Lords bringing to the muster?

Dragonlover

Current plans are

Thousand Sons

I'm currently looking that starting a 2000pt force.  It will not cost that much & should not take that long as soon as the gold & basecoat stage is done.  It can easily get bought in one month & quickly built.

- 3 Predators

- 3 Rhinos

- Squad Thousand Sons

- Sorcerer

- Daemon Prince

Chaos Knight

- Heavy Support one (never know it name)

- That least one of the brand new Knight, release permitting.

World Eater

- 3 Biker***

- Executioner

- Venom crawler***

Death Guard

- Lord Power Armour

Iron Warriors

- Character eg: Master of Possessed, Executioner

- Venom Crawler***

Rest will be time permitting & money.

***Already got these models, they will get built in a few week.  Was meant to have 12th to 14th this week off, but been unwell put a end to that :(  So aim to take that least a day off near the end of May to make up for this.

As part of #Marchofthefallenangels - I try get a Fallen Angel** character converted up.

**Though it would be fun, with 20 year of B&C & with Semper running this.  It would be cool if all those take part for the Chaos forum could vow a Fallen Angel of some forum.  A unit, a Character or Cypher, just as long as they have the Fallen key word from codex Chaos Space Marines or Vigilus 2 book, legal for this event.

Oh cool, a painting competition! I have most of my Dark Vengeance box left to paint (converted the Dark Angels to counts-as renegades), so this would be perfect for knocking that out! That said, I'll have to vow conservatively because I'm a really slow painter. I'm too much of a perfectionist. :D

Vow responsibly! :p

Feel free to ask any questions either publicly or through PMs to familiarise yourself with the ETL if you need to! :)

What are my fellow Chaos Lords bringing to the muster?

Dragonlover

Current plans are

Thousand Sons

I'm currently looking that starting a 2000pt force.  It will not cost that much & should not take that long as soon as the gold & basecoat stage is done.  It can easily get bought in one month & quickly built.

- 3 Predators

- 3 Rhinos

- Squad Thousand Sons

- Sorcerer

- Daemon Prince

Chaos Knight

- Heavy Support one (never know it name)

- That least one of the brand new Knight, release permitting.

World Eater

- 3 Biker***

- Executioner

- Venom crawler***

Death Guard

- Lord Power Armour

Iron Warriors

- Character eg: Master of Possessed, Executioner

- Venom Crawler***

Rest will be time permitting & money.

***Already got these models, they will get built in a few week.  Was meant to have 12th to 14th this week off, but been unwell put a end to that :(  So aim to take that least a day off near the end of May to make up for this.

As part of #Marchofthefallenangels - I try get a Fallen Angel** character converted up.

**Though it would be fun, with 20 year of B&C & with Semper running this.  It would be cool if all those take part for the Chaos forum could vow a Fallen Angel of some forum.  A unit, a Character or Cypher, just as long as they have the Fallen key word from codex Chaos Space Marines or Vigilus 2 book, legal for this event.

:woot:

OMG!!!

I have been tempted to do that Calth box I mentioned as Fallen a few times...

Dragonlover

Exactly what I am doing these days!

As soon as the first models are built to a point that there is something to show, I will start a Plog for my Fallen.

So I've just got the chaos lord from the Blackstone fortress set (mainly for the hammer) and I don't know what to do with him? Should I....

Khorne him up so he can run as an exalted champ or an Aspiring champ with what will be newly converted berserkers? This will mainly involve giving him a couple of axes and a suitably khornate head.

Turn him into a master of execution as I have a spare great plague cleaver? This would fit the tentacle aesthetic he seems to have.

Or something else entirely?

I don't play so it doesn't need to be particularly effective on the battle field. Rule of cool or something that fits into the red corsairs fluffwise. I plan to vow him so any thoughts would be greatly received.

Since I am stalking the traitorous so-called "Dark Angels" staying in contact with our friends in green:

I really want to see the DAs CSM win this year! Important things to remember:

- complete your first vow! Even (or especially) if you don’t intend to make another one. The bulk of the points pledged in each faction are contained within the first vows bucket. So do not procrastinate, thinking you’ve got time. You don’t. It is more likely to lose your mojo and do nothing, rather than spring into action after two and a half months of inactivity.

- Vow reasonably. 500 completed points are better than 1500 incomplete ones.

- EVERY POINT COUNTS. Do not consider your vow unworthy or irrelevant. Last year the BAs won by a mere 343pts if I recall correctly.

- completion rates win ETLs. That means that if you don’t complete your vow, you will not only be depriving the DAs from your points, you’ll be lowering the completion rate of the Forum that undermining the collective effort. Last year the BAs won with a completion rate (points completed over points pledged) of north of 80%!

I will see if I’ll be able to join myself...

True words, even if spoken to the wrong ears - edited to reflect the fact that this was meant to be for us. :thumbsup:

Edited by Darnok