From the Eye to the Vortex, we rise anew!

Looks good!  Just don't feel bound by how you've planned your vows - if you find a particular model would be too much work, drop it from your "to dos".  Similarly, if your next vow isn't something you really want to paint, but you think something else would keep you motivate, paint that instead.  Finally, if you want to revow, but your planned vow is too much, just vow what you have the motivation to paint.

Incidentally, your planned vows are about the same points as mine last year (which was my first year).

Looks good!  Just don't feel bound by how you've planned your vows - if you find a particular model would be too much work, drop it from your "to dos".  Similarly, if your next vow isn't something you really want to paint, but you think something else would keep you motivate, paint that instead.  Finally, if you want to revow, but your planned vow is too much, just vow what you have the motivation to paint.

Incidentally, your planned vows are about the same points as mine last year (which was my first year).

I wanted to start off with the biggest and most taxing, the CSM squad. 1 hero and 12 troops should be enough for one vow.

It's also thematically and aesthetically grouped as well (yes, I am slightly OCD lol). Lord and Troops all share a commonality in that they are normal(ish)

Chaos Space Marines. The Oblits and Helbrute all share very similar design aesthetics. The MoP, Greater Ps, and Venomcrawler, are all Daemon in some way. DP would have gone with that group, but figured breaking it off

on its own made better sense.

At least that is my thoughts behind my vows.

So it start. Keeping Sunday aside to get this lot built.

med_gallery_13342_13449_130998.jpg

Good lord! How old are those 'zerkers? They were my first ever 40k models back when I was about 11 (some 24 years ago!) Actually I may still have some bits of them in one of my bits boxes...

Good point StD.

Last year the ceiling was raised to 20k points - as I was not sure where the points' hike of the 8th Edition would lead us. As it turned out, 20k was way too high and as such we return to the traditional 15k points ceiling this year. However the 3k per vow limit remains lifted to accommodate Titans that individually cost more than 3k. So you have up to 15k points to split between 5 vows at your discretion...

Those who make the 15k points will be awarded the Badge of the Martyr and in case no-one does then the award will go to the participant who completed the most points... 

I applaud anybody who gets 15K points done in three months - I also consider it a bit insane though. :laugh.:

I wanted to start off with the biggest and most taxing, the CSM squad. 1 hero and 12 troops should be enough for one vow.

It's also thematically and aesthetically grouped as well (yes, I am slightly OCD lol). Lord and Troops all share a commonality in that they are normal(ish)
Chaos Space Marines. The Oblits and Helbrute all share very similar design aesthetics. The MoP, Greater Ps, and Venomcrawler, are all Daemon in some way. DP would have gone with that group, but figured breaking it off
on its own made better sense.

At least that is my thoughts behind my vows.

I think you have a solid plan at your hands, go for it!

As for your PTSD issues: real life is more important thatn any hobby project. Always! So please don't worry about a silly forum thingy once life kicks you in the lower parts again. I think I speak for everybody here saying that we will support you all the way. 

Edited by Darnok

I know a guy who's got enough chaos to do the 15k three years running but he's basically allergic to the internet and I don't want to paint other people's stuff.

If any of you mad folks want to go for it, I will absolutely help you plan it down to the last Marine. Just bear in mind it works out at 1500 points a week!

@Chaeron: hey buddy! You worked out if you're in this year or not?

Dragonlover

All models must be undercoated at most at the time they are pledged. That’s all I care about - do not enter models that you’ve start proper painting work on them already. Undercoating (any SINGLE colour) is the most you can do before the actual vow.

When you did the actual undercoating is irrelevant for the ETL - could have been years ago... :)

I applaud anybody who gets 15K points done in three months - I also consider it a bit insane though. :lol:

It’s great fun - but it took a lot of organisation! You go through so much paint too :lol:

@Chaeron: hey buddy! You worked out if you're in this year or not?

Dragonlover

We’ll see... ;)

So chums, I've decided I'm going to do things in this event... differently. I am going to stick to single models... but every one of them a character. This way I can make a decent vow while sticking to my new philosophy of Quality over Quantity

(This might have to do with the fact that I'm planning on converting up an Emperor's Children Master of Execution)

So chums, I've decided I'm going to do things in this event... differently. I am going to stick to single models... but every one of them a character. This way I can make a decent vow while sticking to my new philosophy of Quality over Quantity

(This might have to do with the fact that I'm planning on converting up an Emperor's Children Master of Execution)

Sounds good to me. I am looking forward what you have in store for us. :smile.:

Sounds good to me. I am looking forward what you have in store for us. :smile.:

Well so far I have:

-Master of Executions (Khornate)

-Chaos Lord with Jump Pack and Lightning Claws (Also Khornate)

-some Exalted sorcerors I could fix up

-A squad of Scarab Occult.

-Emp's Children Master of Executions.

So that should be plenty.

To do my armored list, I need a Rhino, ten CSMs, a Lord, and an Exalted Champ, so that's what I'm starting with.

I also need more Cultists painted, but that way madness lies...

Edited by Iron Father Ferrum

The more I think on my planning I'm considering keeping things manageable bearing in mind my painting speed and that I am also working on decorating a new house plus cricket season. So I'm going to work on the obliterators and greater possessed from shadowspear as a starting point and even then possibly broken into smaller vows.

Hello All.

I'm going Renegade for this one. I don't play much and the new Primaris fluff doesn't sit well with me, so I'm turning my Chapter on the slow path of the renegade. They'll still be tech-heads and not stray to worship of strange gods, but that Warp Smith model looks like all my head conversions of my Iron-Fathers and those Chainswords that the Warp Talons have look great.

I've just ordered the new Chaos Lord and other stuff for a kit bash, so that'll be my vow.

TTFN.

Edit: Missed a word out.

Edited by Machine God

Hello All.

I'm going Renegade for this one. I don't play much and the new Primaris fluff doesn't sit well with me, so I'm turning my Chapter on the slow path of the renegade. They'll still be tech-heads and not stray to worship of strange gods, but that Warp Smith model looks like all my head conversions of my Iron-Fathers and those Chainswords that the Warp Talons have look great.

I've just ordered the new Chaos Lord and other stuff for a kit bash, so that'll be my vow.

TTFN.

Edit: Missed a word out.

Dark Mechanicum Marines are welcome too!