Astra Militarum Gotterdamurung [Armageddon] Regiment

Decided to go conversion heavy on my guard force. Using a mix of warlord games miniatures, GW weapons and some 1/48 flyers and 1/35 ground vehicles

Here’s what I have so far:

An hq commisar

gallery_124500_15452_167774.jpeg

Hq psyker

gallery_124500_15452_5528.jpeg

Rough riders

gallery_124500_15452_1798099.jpeg

gallery_124500_15452_1347630.jpeg

Valkyrie (hind!)

gallery_124500_15452_325576.jpeg

gallery_124500_15452_699721.jpeg

Leman Russ

gallery_124500_15452_691563.jpeg

gallery_124500_15452_293406.jpeg

3 squads of falshirmjaegar

gallery_124500_15452_433086.jpeg

And still being built:

Macharius Vulcan (out of a Maus and a couple of 1/6 scale terminator2 rotary cannons)

Great kitbashes. I especially like the Hind-Valkyrie.

What's the Leman Russ turret made from?

btw. - quick question about the thread title: Is it really 'Gotterdamurung' or did you mean 'Götterdämmerung'?

Edited by Exilyth

• 2 months later...

Ha - yes, it was supposed to be Götterdämmerung (as I was planning on using Armageddon regiment rules and had a few germanish figures) but misspelled it!

Oh well, not like it’s the end of the world!

Götterdämmerung is literally the end of the world.

Couple great kitbashes you have there. Where is the Commissar's power fist from?

Ha - yes, it was supposed to be Götterdämmerung (as I was planning on using Armageddon regiment rules and had a few germanish figures) but misspelled it!

Oh well, not like it’s the end of the world!

Götterdämmerung is literally the end of the world.

Couple great kitbashes you have there. Where is the Commissar's power fist from?

Yep, “end of the world” was my little joke.

The powerfist is from the necromunda orlock gang

• 2 weeks later...

Powerfist looks good.

Chimera chassis for counts as Leman Russ might be more confusing than a entirely non-GW vehicle.

I severely recommend GW's newer small oval bases on rough riders.

Technically Götterdämmerung is the title of an Opera where the world doesn't end and the older Ragnarok myth kills the world off in the prologue before the real action starts/norse mythology nerdery. Armageddon is a hill where a battle is prophesied to occur before or during the second coming which is or isn't the end of the world depending on theological disagreements/a American motion picture where the world doesn't end because blue collar manliness gets in the way.

• 2 months later...
The Hind conversion does look better than the Valkyrie. How will you explain the holes where the Hind's engines and auxiliary power unit's air intakes are? Shoehorn hunter-killer missiles, lascannons, and/or other weapons into the holes? Use rondels (small shields covering the gap between the breastplate and pauldron, to protect the armpit) to cover the holes, and claim the gunship has an archeotech shield generator that grants it an Invulnerable Save?