Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Artillery and battlements/ruins

5 replies to this topic

Scammel

Scammel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts

Hello all,

Could be a fairly straightforward one, but my present answer seems a little counter-intuitive: given that battlements work exactly as the top floor of a ruin, can artillery be deployed on battlements, such as the upper platform of a bunker?

I can find nothing on the interaction between ruins and artillery. My assumption would be that artillery has a trickier time moving vertically, but nothing seems to prevent this and nothing therefore prevents deployment of artillery on battlements.

Just want to be squeaky-clean before the doubles later this month - cheers!

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,926 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

Hello all,

Could be a fairly straightforward one, but my present answer seems a little counter-intuitive: given that battlements work exactly as the top floor of a ruin, can artillery be deployed on battlements, such as the upper platform of a bunker?

Yes.
  • Scammel likes this
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Scammel

Scammel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts

How apt from a grinning Kyr Vhalen. Cheers.

• Gorgoff likes this

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,926 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

How apt from a grinning Kyr Vhalen. Cheers.

Oh yes. ;)
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,034 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
A lot of confusion stems from 6th and even 5th where there very detailed rules for terrain and interactions. Blast weapons used to have to target floors in 5th and would get lost if they scattered off; you're remembering 6th where artillery couldn't deploy on ruin floors and also where barrages only hit the floor under the centre of the blast.

Sadly, 7th threw out a ton of these and barrage turned into the king in 30k as a result

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,637 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

I should include bringing back detailed ruins rules in my lengthy letter to forge world, 'why infantry weapons shouldn't be able to glace vehicles to death: a treatise'. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 15 May 2019 - 03:30 PM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users