Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My strongest 2000 point list for all tournaments

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,945 posts

Battalion Detachment - Cadian - 9 units - 5 CP - 692 pts

[WARLORD] 1x Company Commander - 1x Las Pistol - 30 pts

[RELIC] Kuirov’s Aquila/Relic of Cadia

1x Tank Commander Pask - 1x Battle Cannon - 1x Lascannon - 2x Plasma Cannons - 239 pts

1x Tank Commander - 1x Battle Cannon - 1x Lascannon - 2x Plasma Cannons - 204 pts

10x Guardsmen - 9x Lasgun - 1x Las Pistol & Chainsword - 10x Frag Grenades - 40 pts

10x Guardsmen - 9x Lasgun - 1x Las Pistol & Chainsword - 10x Frag Grenades - 40 pts

3x Heavy Weapons Teams - 3x Mortar - 33 pts

Battalion Detachment - Cadian - 5 units - 5 CP - 528 pts

2x Tank Commander - 2x Battle Cannon - 2x Lascannon - 4x Plasma Cannons - 408 pts

Battalion Detachment - Death Watch - 5 Units - 5 CP - 779 pts

2x Watch Captain - 2x Thunder Hammer - 2x Storm Shield - 248 pts

3x Veterans - 1x Black Shield - 1x Watch Sergeant - 1x Vanguard Veteran - 2x Terminator - 2x Power Sword - 7x Storm Bolters - 2x Bolt Pistol - 4x Storm Shield - 179 pts

3x Veterans - 1x Black Shield - 1x Watch Sergeant - 1x Vanguard Veteran - 2x Terminator - 2x Power Sword - 7x Storm Bolters - 2x Bolt Pistol - 4x Storm Shield - 179 pts

4x Veterans - 1x Watch Sergeant - 1x Vanguard Veteran - 2x Terminator - 2x Power Sword - 7x Storm Bolters - 2x Bolt Pistol - 2x Storm Shield - 173 pts

1999 pts - 19 Units - 18 CP

Pre-game CP spendage

3x Deathwatch Veteran Unit Deepstrikes (3CP)

1x Emperor's Fist Tank Company (1CP)

1x Hammer of Sunderance [RELIC] (1CP)

1x The Beacon Angelis [RELIC] (1CP)

So, I start first turn with 12 CP

How they play:

Company Commander: Deploy out of enemy line of sight and buff the mortar crews.

Leman Russ Battle Tanks: Deploy behind guardsmen and focus fire on far away targets.

Guardsmen: Deploy in front of tanks and move forward to deny enemy deep strike zones, while acting as bumpers against enemy assault units and providing smite cover for Death Watch units. Three units stay back to prevent any deepstrikes against my tanks, while three run up to cover and provide assault bumpers for the DW units. 

Mortar Crews: Deploy behind tanks and in cover, while providing indirect focused fire.

Death Watch Captains: Deep strike with veterans and provide shooting buffs, while taking out key enemy units with thunder hammers. Also, use the teleport relic to slingshot the veterans around.

Death Watch Veterans: Deep strike, shoot and either capture, hold or contest objective points.

If the enemy has no DS units left, then everyone will try to move forward to support the DW units even more closely and capture objectives etc.

One trick I've learnt that EVERYONE seems to always forget is that one of my captains can move 12" and advance and then use the beacon angelis to DS a unit that's already on the table to within 6" of him. So, I can hop one unit on average 21" from where ever one of my captains are once per game. I don't care what you have, by turn 3, I can definitely get into your back line, no matter what bait units you have.

Image below isn't pure WYSIWYG in terms of what the models are armed with, but close enough. However, the model count is 100% accurate.

Hammer & Anvil   2000 Pts

Edited by antique_nova, 11 July 2019 - 07:50 PM.

• Phok Smoulder likes this

Competitive list builder who lives, breathes and plays in Grand Tournaments.

Looking for anyone who is willing to sell their heat 2/3/4 Nottingham GT ticket to me.

The one that is sold out in the link below:

https://warhammerwor...and-tournament/

oldmanlee

oldmanlee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts
Dark talons are 200pts each just so you know
6954089749a1b00m3.jpg

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,945 posts

Not with the 2018 Chapter Approved they aren't. They're 10 points cheaper per model now.

• oldmanlee likes this

Looking for anyone who is willing to sell their heat 2/3/4 Nottingham GT ticket to me.

GuardDaddy

GuardDaddy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 274 posts
Firstly thanks for posting summary list, not raw battlescribe output! Very much appreciated.

I think you are very light on screen and army vulnerable to close combat as a result.

Would be interested to know if that's been your experience
  • duz_ and Halfpint100 like this

I am creating a custom regiment, the Fallax Hammers based on Necromunda models. Please take a moment to view Work in Progress here

gallery_30308_9518_2534.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,945 posts

Firstly thanks for posting summary list, not raw battlescribe output! Very much appreciated.

I think you are very light on screen and army vulnerable to close combat as a result.

Would be interested to know if that's been your experience

No worries. I always write my lists like this, because I hate the battlescribe format. It's so complicated and messy!

It doesn't need many screens, because you're not going to be able to assault the dark talons unless I let you and there is no way you'll reach my leman russes, HWS or the ballistarii all in time, before they shoot you down. Some close combat units will reach me like shining spears, warp time daemon prince or primarchs or even triple movement genestealers. But no matter who you engage, I always have back up dedicated anti-infantry and/or anti-tank infantry units to handle any threat. In short, it's very difficult to shut down even half of my anti-tank and/or anti-infantry in a single turn whether it be via shooting and/or assault.

I have had no trouble against knight spam (pretty easy actually with 23 lascannons and 3 rift cannons spread out per turn) or hordes. Venom spam also isn't that difficult. Nor is the aeldari flying circus.

Edited by antique_nova, 17 May 2019 - 10:09 PM.

• duz_ likes this

oldmanlee

oldmanlee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts

Not with the 2018 Chapter Approved they aren't. They're 10 points cheaper per model now.

Trust me i play dark angels there 200pts if you dont belive me go ask on the dark angels page
6954089749a1b00m3.jpg

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,945 posts

Trust me i play dark angels there 200pts if you dont belive me go ask on the dark angels page

I just checked the chapter approved again and it does say 180 pts for the basic model. I had to recheck triple times, as I tried to recall where I saw the number 170 pts. I've updated the list after checking again. Luckily, the change in my list is barely noticeable. Thanks.

Edited by antique_nova, 17 May 2019 - 10:02 PM.

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,945 posts

Updated

Hellunder

Hellunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I see the word "Dark Talon" and as a Dark Angels player it would be interesting to see the original list idea. =)

How is your luck with this list?

Phok Smoulder

Phok Smoulder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
  • Faction: 1kSons/Daemons/IG/DG

this looks awesome, mate. 

I had not realized I could comment on here, so I sent you a PM regarding the same question.

I would just like some advice on building the DW section of the army, please. Do you have any idea which boxes of mini's I'm best buying to put this section together? 

I as having a look and was thinking of getting the ten man DW kill team, a box of termies (which would leave me still needing 1) then converting the swords from the kill team list for the termies. then buy a box of the jetpack guys. 

I think then I'd just have to get a few upgrade sprues for the terminator shoulders and stuff, buy some storm shields from a bits sller and get my extra terminator from ebay or something. 

Does this seem about right, or is there an easier way to do this? 

I would be tempted to use the primaris models for this, but not sure how I'd go about aquiring all the wargear in this case. 

anyway, some advice on this would be awesome. 

really cool looking list and it's just the sort of thing I was looking for to jump back into 40k after a long break.

Phok Smoulder

Phok Smoulder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts

also it seems you have 1 bolt pistol too many in those groups? you have 7 storm bolters and 2 x bolt pistols but only 8 on each team. unless I'm mistaken.

I'm having a bit of a difficult time working out what I actually need to build these veteran teams sad.png

EDIT: or are those bolt pistoles for the watch captains? ... in fact no that can't be right as each group has 2 extra bolt pistols in it. LoL.

EDIT: how on earth did you get all those storm bolters? I only just realized they don't come in any of the death guard kits, so I have to find 5 for each squad. even if I could find all the bits (which is unlikely as everywhere is sold out) it's going to cost a bit. 

do you convert them or something? 

would love to know. 

Edited by Phok Smoulder, 11 July 2019 - 03:33 AM.

antique_nova

antique_nova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,945 posts

I see the word "Dark Talon" and as a Dark Angels player it would be interesting to see the original list idea. =)

How is your luck with this list?

It would have trouble against the recent Tau drone spam list that reached 2nd place in the Carolina crusade, but to be honest. Anyone who doesn't stack negative modifiers like it's christmas is going to have a hard time. Unless you outrange and outshoot them to kill all drones before the end of turn 2, which most armies simply can't do. So, they try to win by playing the objective game.

I've pasted below what it used to be with the dark talons.

Battalion Detachment - Stygies VIII - 6 Units - 5 CP - 490 pts

1x Tech-Priest Enginseer - 1x Omnissian Axe - 1x Las Pistol - 1x Servo-Arm - 30 pts

1x Tech-Priest Enginseer - 1x Omnissian Axe - 1x Las Pistol - 1x Servo-Arm - 30 pts

5x Skitarii Rangers - 5x Galvanic Rifle - 35 pts

4x Ironstrider Ballistarii - 4x Twin Cognis Lascannon - 4x Broad Spectrum Data-tether - 320 pts

Battalion Detachment - Cadian - 9 units - 5 CP - 905 pts

[WARLORD] 1x Platoon Commander - 1x Las Pistol - 20 pts

[WARLORD TRAIT] Grudge

[RELIC] Kuirov’s Aquila

1x Tank Commander Pask - 1x Battle Cannon - 1x Lascannon - 2x Plasma Cannons - 239 pts

2x Tank Commander - 2x Battle Cannon - 2x Lascannon - 4x Plasma Cannons - 408 pts

3x Heavy Weapons Teams - 3x Lascannon - 78 pts

Air Wing Detachment - Dark Angels - 3 Units - 1 CP - 600 pts

3x Dark Talon - 6x Hurricane Bolter - 3x Rift Cannon - 3x Stasis Bomb - 600 pts

1995 pts - 18 Units - 14 CP

also it seems you have 1 bolt pistol too many in those groups? you have 7 storm bolters and 2 x bolt pistols but only 8 on each team. unless I'm mistaken.

I'm having a bit of a difficult time working out what I actually need to build these veteran teams sad.png

EDIT: or are those bolt pistoles for the watch captains? ... in fact no that can't be right as each group has 2 extra bolt pistols in it. LoL.

EDIT: how on earth did you get all those storm bolters? I only just realized they don't come in any of the death guard kits, so I have to find 5 for each squad. even if I could find all the bits (which is unlikely as everywhere is sold out) it's going to cost a bit. 

do you convert them or something? 

would love to know. 

The vanguard veterans can be equipped with 2 bolt pistols each. I've responded to your pm as well.

But to help anyone else wandering where to grab those DW terminator shoulder pads and all those storm bolters. I'm using the link below:

https://www.shapeway...d&utm_content=4

https://www.shapeway...d&utm_content=3

Phok Smoulder

Phok Smoulder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts

thanks man. so you think this is better now with just IG and DW? do you need need the techpriests at all then? 

I must say I liked the idea of the skitarii, but I guess there's nothing stopping me getting some skitarrii minis as well. I actually want to have an IG and Mechanicus army anyway, so I think I will end up fleshing out both. 

You think I'd be better off buying the mini's for your newer version than for the one with the skiatarii, please? thanks. 

I'm new to IG and this seems like more of a straight forward plan. I had been looking at these large bubble wrapping lists, but there was so much going on it was a little hard to keep track for me. 

they had 100's of guardsmen.

Phok Smoulder

Phok Smoulder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts

also dude, is that 9 mortars or 3 x 9? the image would suggest I just need 3 boxes of mortars, or is it more than that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users