Show off your Possessed

Prot

I know that with the newer Vigilus Ablaze Detachments combined with new character combos provide for some great motivation to field Possessed in your chaos lists.

However that being said we are unfortunately still dealing with the old kit, or the Forgeworld Gal Vorbak.

So let’s see what you’ve come with or what your currently using for Possessed.

I’ll start by putting out my old squad which I’d love to replace with 10 or so new models.

I’m thinking of kit bashing some new plastics with a traditional Possessed box as well as maybe some new Greater Possessed bits.

gallery_2760_10008_345273.jpg

Excessus has the right idea. The DV chosen are great to build some Possessed. If you don't have them or use them for something else, kitbashing (e.g. Tyranid parts) and Green Stuff always helps. But its hard to keep the balance between a Spawn and a Possessed (as you might notice on one of the following pictures)

Here are my unpainted Possessed:

DSC04390 1

DSC04381 1

I, too, am a big fan of using the DV Chosen for Possessed. They have a bulk to them that really helps them stand out, on top of armor that is already delightfully warped. A few arm and head swaps from the Possessed kit, and the Spawn kit, and bam... some good looking models worthy of 2 wounds. 

eOa3nIxl.jpg?1

dhzYCWIl.jpg?1

Wow, those possesseds are awesome, Scourged - both the conversions and the painting.  Makes me kind of regret already having built and painted mine as melee vets.

Thanks! But hey, it's not too late to jump on the conversion bandwagon. Take to eBay! Buy those Chosen! Grab your knife and greenstuff and make yourself the Possessed GW couldn't! 

I like to kitbash myself... such as the Possessed Striking Scorpions I'm working on. Greenstuffing the spirit stones to be shattered or firey is going to be a pain.

Those I want to see!

My sole possessed (so far)

Brother Godebert

med_gallery_63428_9407_25431.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_44255.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_239358.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_207613.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_290127.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_61749.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_273411.jpg

Some more noticeable than others, but I put various Dark Tongue icons on his armour, including the `Pseudo-Daemon` one (as there is no `possessed` one) over the Templar Cross. I rather like the design...I'll have to use it more.

The tale of his fall is here.

They’ve been one of my favorite units since I started in the hobby. Wish I had pics of the ones I made way back when from before the csm squad that just got replaced and old metal chaos spawn! Anyway awesome stuff all, here’s some work in progress for my Scourged detachment.

gallery_95846_15462_193415.jpeg

That is looking really good. I can spot some of the Greater Possessed limbs as well. Really nice stuff some great ideas in there.

Thanks! Yeah there’s two greater possssed chopped up a little, a good bit of what’s leftover from assembling Start Collecting! Tzeentch Daemons and the Master of Posession in the back is 30k Ahriman with skulls and Exalted Sorcerer parts.

I, too, am a big fan of using the DV Chosen for Possessed. They have a bulk to them that really helps them stand out, on top of armor that is already delightfully warped. A few arm and head swaps from the Possessed kit, and the Spawn kit, and bam... some good looking models worthy of 2 wounds.

eOa3nIxl.jpg?1

dhzYCWIl.jpg?1

These are excellent. Really savage and intimidating, as opposed to the goofy GW kits.