Prediction: Actual support within next two years

Okay, so. LatD have been getting a bit of love lately thanks to Blackstone, and I'm certain somebody's taken the Blackstone sculpts and made a full army with them by now. I'm anticipating the Lost and the Damned to get some kind of official support very soon.

Note that they came out with the new CSM sculpts in Blackstone first. While this isn't exactly a pattern, I do think it might be a sign of things to come. We're seeing Blackstone build up a bit of Lost and the Damned support, with the current selection including:

Renegade Guardsmen. The backbone of LatD, and of Renegade 32 detachments when they can be done.

Rogue Sanctioned Psykers. Great to see these at all.

Negavolt Cultists, hinting at DarkMech incoming.

Chaos Beastmen. Not sure what to think of these, honestly. I'm barely aware of what Beastmen are, much less their ramifications as LatD.

And an incoming Renegade Commissar and Renegade Ogryn model, giving LatD players an HQ.

Anyone else hoping they're doing the same thing they did with CSM, where they come out with the new sculpts, watch people fill out their armies and come out with the multi-part version later on?

It's a hopeful prediction that I could get behind considering they are releasing Chaos Knights, which who thought that would ever happen?

As to Beastmen in 40k, they have always been there and at one point Loyalists could actually take them (they are tossed in with ratlings/ogryn and the like just another downtrodden sub-human species to be exploited). But given the way of things I could see them making more of a wave within a chaos guard force than anything.

All in all it does give me hope that GW is really giving Chaos a big push to impart on the game 'IMPERIUM VS CHAOS' that they have been talking about since the release (and to some extent before the release) of 8th.

I know those who play the Xenos armies will be groaning about more chaos or imperial units/armies being added but its the direction that GW wants to take with the game.

Personally I hope Craftworld eldar get new plastics first (they have soooo much finecast, they really need it!), though R&H would be lovely.

Well, to be fair, all the xenos players I know also play at least one Chaos or Imperium army, and I'd say that holds true for most everyone. Chances are, nearly every 40k player keeps at least one Chaos or Imperium army, what with just how very many of each there are. I'd say that, right now, Chaos and Imperium make up more than the 2/3 of 40k that you might expect, being that each has both more Citadel and Forge World options. Indeed, I once heard that fully 1/3 of armies in play right now are variants of Space Marine and Chaos Marine alone. (For any xenos-exclusive players that read this, I understand there's outliers, but I'd expect you're in the minority.)

Edit: Just verified it, even counting the Kroot as separate and counting all Codex: Space Marines armies as one (but counting World Eaters and Emperor's Children as separate from Codex: Chaos Space Marines) there are less Xenos armies than Chaos or Imperium, and Imperium make up nearly half of the armies in the game.

Imperium has 17 (18 with Titans):

Astra Militarum, counting different Regiments as the same and counting Auxilia, Aeronautica, Prefectus and Tempestus as the same

AdMech, counting Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii as the same

Knights, counting Questor Mechanicus and Imperialis as the same

Adeptus Ministorum

Adeptus Astra Telepathica

Sisters of Silence

Officio Assassinorum (although it's more of a mini-army intended to supplement other Imperium armies)

Inquisition

Codex Marines, counting UM, IF, CF, BT, RG, Salamanders and WS as the same

Legion of the Damned (again, intended to supplement other Imperium armies)

Blood Angels, counting successors like Flesh Tearers as the same

Dark Angels

Space Wolves

Deathwatch

Grey Knights

Adeptus Custodes

Adepta Sororitas

Titans might count, would count Secutarii as AdMech, though

If there's any I'm forgetting, say so and I'll fix it.

Chaos has 12, 13 with Titans, 14 if you count DarkMech separate from LatD.

Daemons of Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Undivided (Undivided being Be'lakor and Daemons which anyone can take) counted separately for all five

Questor Traitoris

LatD/Renegades and Heretics/Servants of the Abyss, all counted the same

Chaos Space Marines, counting all Undivided Legions as the same

Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Emperor's Children and World Eaters, all counted separately

Xenos have 10, counting Kroot, Genestealer Cults and Ynnari separate.

Asuryani

Drukhari

Harlequins

Ynnari

Necrons

Orks

Tau

Tyranids

Genestealer Cults

Kroot

In other words, GeeDubs doesn't care about you and your Xenos armies, since they're less profitable. Cheers!

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

Without derailing the thread to be about Xenos I'll say this.

Chaos and Imperium have always been a cornerstone of the product. Specially with the shift from the days of Rogue Trader to 3rd. Once we get to 4th-6th GW just focused a lot on Marines and didn't give much to many others (that is another looooonnnggg post that I will not dump here or really wish to get in on with how GW was run with the prior CEO...) much love (chaos of course included but Xenos had a few who suffered). So for me, someone who has been in the hobby long enough for that hobby to drink legally (US standards) on its own...seeing a chaos knight codex truly brings a dark glow to my rotten heart.

As much as I enjoy the fact that we can take multiple units from other armies so long as keywords are shared...with the release of these newer codexes (knights, chaos be praised if we ever see a traitor guard dex!) it would make me want to play those armies stand alone rather than some soup list that is ever popular in the tournament scene nowadays. Will I of course throw all my chaos down and be joyful to have a working traitor guard/traitor titan/traitor knight household/traitor legion army? You bet your sweet tainted chaos heart I will. Those apoc games are going to be insane. But for someone like me who enjoys playing the more laid back style or simple narrative play? I'd be more interested in using -just- the Knight dex or -just- the traitor guard dex and leave the soup list for when I go to the buffet that is apoc.

I think the time is ripe for an LatD or Renegades, plain old CSM cultists is played out, the models are old and repetitive. Boring weapon loadouts, essentially fodder.

Theres so many cool non-marine Chaos armies in the lore like Blood Pact, Dark Mech, Black Crusade armies. Lots of room to work with - add in some chaos abhumans, mutants.

I would buy it.

It's the 'one thing' what I asked for in the survey; proper support for Renegades & Heretics and/or Dark Mechanicus. Yeah yeah, I know it's two things, but they really are both neck-and-neck for me personally. One or the other would be fine by me and there are hints for both starting to appear.

It's the 'one thing' what I asked for in the survey; proper support for Renegades & Heretics and/or Dark Mechanicus. Yeah yeah, I know it's two things, but they really are both neck-and-neck for me personally. One or the other would be fine by me and there are hints for both starting to appear.

I wonder if they'll be rolled into one codex initially, with units like Negavolts, Traitor Guard and Beastmen rolled in

I wonder as well.

With rules like "if your warlord is a [Dark Mechanicus] character you may add Daemon Engines to your army list"/"if your warlord is a [Traitor Guard] character you may add VEHICLES from the astra militarum codex to your army list".

Obviously tidier than that but to save space in the codex. Not hopeful as they tend to want to print all rules in one place (except for CSM) rather than referencing multiple codices.

I'd love it if FW brought back the old IG Renegade sculpts, I have about one hundred of them picked up mostly through trades. I'd like to buy a few more Torsos, weapons and Enforcers to finish out the Army.

As for a codex, that would be a beautiful thing, in so far I'm just playing them with either the IG or GSC Codex.

EXPO-May31-BSFVillains10ignu.jpg

EXPO-May31-BSFCultists3efk-1.jpg

From Warhammer Community, new expansion, but the last one with the Commissar and Ogryn is not out yet? More Renegades nonetheless. If those will become our new Chaos Cultists in general, I am going to be very sad to have bought so many DV ones. They are gorgeous. They are separate Faction within the Fortress and this is by far too many models now for no codex. GW never misses opportunities for more money.

Edited by Nemerax

I like these way better then the DV guys, but, but I kind of have a hope they keep both visual styles, and the style of the Traitor Guard from BSF base set. Just like how Astra Militarum has Cadians, Catachans , and some resin regiments, give us some different styles of cultist and traitor guards

If you have put an old CSM next to a new one (obviously larger), but also add a BSF Traitor Guard to it, next to the old CSM and next to the Traitor Guard a normal Imperial Guard.

If you have done that you will notice something. Ever wondered why the Traitor Guard could fit 32mm? There is the answer what will get from GW in the near future.

I will post a pic of it later, if none of you want, when I am home.

Non related grammar issues edit:

gallery_101934_14718_253838.jpgBare with my bad camera here please, LGs are not great at it but they are reliable phones. As you can see indicated by the red line (Drawn via paint so one pixel is off on the left), the BSF is as tall as the old CSM and taller as the old Cadian, despite their leg stance. I am of now very sure 40k will receive a height overall and we will see new Guard in the near future.

Edited by Nemerax