New repulsor and DW

I would say yes, maybe, we got the original one pretty much strait away and that is still a tank even if it carries people. The only reasons we do not get models is either they are currently still easy to build and you cannot remove the shoulder pads(without a knife) or they deem them too mundane for spec ops.

At the moment I would think we will as its is still a transport but again its all down to the destruction that cannon can deliver. Special Forces do not directly get Howitzers, they phone them in...

It might, but honestly I'm doubtful.  A LR can bring 4 las cannons, just under 300 points, gets a 2+ save but main complaint is it suffers hugely from not being able to leave combat and shoot.  The current repulsor for around the same cost brings essentially 4 las cannons, can fly so avoids the LRs pitfall, and the main complaint about it is that is isn't survivable enough.  What that combined is telling us is likely the slot a LR/Repulsor currently occupy (big tough but pricey tank/transport) is a really bad one.  The repulsor IMHO is currently the more viable between the 2 due to the whole being up to shoot after falling back, but against certain lists (and not uncommon ones) it can get taken out or at least profiled quite quickly.  At the price point of these models its hard to have more than 1 or 2 and still field a viable army too, and anytime you only have 1 of something, especially something big and scary, it may as well have a giant shoot me sign on it. 

This brings me to the new variant of the repulsor.  Since its the same chassis I don't see the stats changing, and if its packing more firepower I expect it to cost at least another 40-60 points.  This means its an even bigger priority, and its no more affordable to have 2 or 3 of them.  For DW specifically we are so expensive already, it would be almost impossible to have 2 unless you go single batt.

If this version of the repulsor gains 2-3 wounds OR a 5++/6++ then I could see it being possibly worth while depending on cost, but I REALLY don't see that happening.  Generally ven dreads and allies are still going to be our best option for AV firepower.

People ignore the firepower that a Repulsor provides beyond the Las Cannons. It's a faster tank due to the fact it can fly over terrain instead of having to go around. It' not in danger of getting too close to the enemy because it can't be locked up, and it has a nice negative modifier to charges that keep it safer from units arriving from teleportation or reserves close to it.

Even if you equip it with full Las weapons it still has close to 30 anti infantry shots providing it's in range which means you're actually getting the firepower of a regular landraider and a crusader combined.

Most of us with DW armies understand its a good fire base. To make our army at least function well, with our expensive models, it is hard to find 300ish points for one. It can be done but we all know that to stop it being instantly destroyed you probably need two and no way I can find 600+ points in my army, especially when I can get a Lascannon dread, with chapter tactics, for 140.

One thing you learn in DW is not to stick your best stuff all in the same unit(We do not talk about 4x Frag cannon squads anymore) so sticking all that fire power onto a flying bullseye is just masochistic.

Edited by Black_Knight

I used to use the Repulsor as a firebase but just found it kills the model count ( you can't use just one without a lot more armour on the table or it's gone pretty quickly).

The addition of this new version (looks like a Volcano cannon on top) is really helpful... only if it comes in cheap enough. But as everyone is saying 300 points is a deal killer. And at the same time you probably need 2 in any semi competitive environment.

The most successes I have are in nearly pure infantry lists. I played a dirty GSC army a few days ago and I would have easily lost a repulsor in T1 (no foot print to shield agianst perfect ambush). There's just no point in taking 1 of them. Perhaps a repulsor and a shooty variant? Still what are we talking... 650 points? 

Most people are using their points for the Leviathan. I think it will be REALLY  hard to make the meta shift into a tank.