Burni's Adeptus Mechanicus Project Log

Burni

Welcome to the project log for my Adeptus Mechanicus army. My Legio Ignatum Adeptus Titanicus log gave me such great motivation to keep painting, that I thought I'd do the same with my AdMech. As I said before in that log, I'm an average painter - I know I'm not a bad painter but I know I'll never win awards either and seriously shakey hands means edge highlights are a no no! So I look for techniques that hide my failings... But that's enough excuses from me!

After selling all my 40K stuff a couple of years ago, I restarted start collecting with a blank slate and the AdMech range has always appealed as it just looks amazing. I knew straight away it would have to be a Mars army as I love the colour scheme and the lore behind the mother of all Forge Worlds. My Knight House would in turn be Taranis not by default but because I love the idea of them being the first (plus they are great in 'Mechanium'). My Legio also shares Mars as its home but I picked that due to the fact that Ignatum watch over the Golden Throne. In short, Mars is great.

I started this army at the beginning of last year, with a Start Collecting box. Forgebane came out at a perfect time and I added the Kill Team starter box Skitarii to those. ETL last year was what motivated me to grab some other units and get them painted. After a break at the end of last year to focus on Titan's and the Knight Preceptor I got as a Christmas gift from my wife, I've added a unit of 6 Destroyers and 2 more Kastelan Robots in the last month. 

Currently on the table are 5 Fulgurite Electro-Priests and Cawl himself. 

I've also started playing regularly in the last couple of months (beer and pretzel types gaming rather than anything competitive) and having a full army to pick and choose from has been great. The fact that some new units are coming from GW makes that even better!

Anyway, onto the photos of what's painted so far!

l2FOhEU.jpg

V5SY3Cd.jpg

WYefRvX.jpg

1ziRez2.jpg

6GcoyKo.jpg

9zElJa8.jpg

ZXQjE5O.jpg

A7S4F5y.jpg

mDek4YG.jpg

GbsKnwX.jpg

vcbYUgG.jpg

CQACEgd.jpg

Test model for the Fulurites - hope to have them done over the next week.

Really great stuff, super clean paint job, congrats!

p.s. specific hats off to how youve done the kataphrons, works nicely and super simple. Am currently in the middle of doing 12 breachers, and have learned a lot of lessons about over complicating things to begin with haha.

Thanks everyone!

Solid work. Very unified! The Knight looks especially geat!

Something to really make these guys pop would be some rocks or other features on the larger bases and the occasional stripe of white to break up the red sections!

Yeah, I do love those stripes. I shied away from doing them as the Onager was one of the first models I'd painted in a few years and the thought of doing straight lines in multiple coats of white, gave me shivers! But you are right. I might try something on the next one.

Nice stuff very good. Are you using iron crust for basing? The Omnissiah definitely approves.

I think it's Ironearth - the 'smaller' version. I was always a 'pva and sand' before undercoating guy, so being able to base while painting and having the subassembly options that allows, is great! Plus it looks great for a small effort, which is ideal. Can't recommend it enough. I destroyed so many brushes drybrushing sand on my old Ork army...

Really great stuff, super clean paint job, congrats!

p.s. specific hats off to how youve done the kataphrons, works nicely and super simple. Am currently in the middle of doing 12 breachers, and have learned a lot of lessons about over complicating things to begin with haha.

Haha, yeah, I always keep in mind I want an army I can add to without wanting to slam my head into the desk!