Best scenario to teach HH

Hey! A friend of mine asked me to make him a generic legion army list and teach him HH rules before he commits on specific legion, so he can "feel the game" and pick a legion that matches his favourite tactics in a variety of scenarios. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas or experiance in the matter? We were thinking about starting the playtesting with normal pitched battle style scenario around 1500-2000 without RoWs or special FoC.

Any help is appreciated.

Me and my group always play the same one. It's very simple, roll d3+2 for amount of objectives. Alternate placing them. Roll a d3 for deployment, 1-2 being dawn of war, 3-4 being hammer and anvil and 5-6 being search and destroy. Roll off to see who picks side, then roll off to see who deploys first and has choice of first turn. Works great, allows for a variety of tactics based on deployment and number of objectives, makes scoring units matter. Having a good selection of terrain really helps too.

I played in an event the other week, and having seen their missions and deployments, I can only say that simple and fair allows for more tactics, strategy and repetition.

Me and my group always play the same one. It's very simple, roll d3+2 for amount of objectives. Alternate placing them. Roll a d3 for deployment, 1-2 being dawn of war, 3-4 being hammer and anvil and 5-6 being search and destroy. Roll off to see who picks side, then roll off to see who deploys first and has choice of first turn. Works great, allows for a variety of tactics based on deployment and number of objectives, makes scoring units matter. Having a good selection of terrain really helps too.

I played in an event the other week, and having seen their missions and deployments, I can only say that simple and fair allows for more tactics, strategy and repetition.

What he says.