Fallen Champions

For the benefit of the Unforgiven and as a special thanks to Captain Semper for last year's ETL I made an out of competition vow to finish painting a Fallen warband before this year's ETL.

Hopefully pictures of these heretics will inspire you to paint more units for this year's ETL. I have some proper Dark Angels too but they're a long way down the queue at the moment.

I, longjohnsilver, vow to complete the duplicitous mercenary warband known only as 'The Thirteen' before the start of next year's ETL. Success will give my Chapter their own first class ticket to destruction and failure will mean I have to join the loyalist DA for next year's event and paint Ravenwing and Deathwing units.

http://i.imgur.com/LRwLUwq.jpg

lPdr9oo.jpg

LNys6LG.jpg

ptKsGCN.jpg

BL9FFQK.jpg

In case the Interrogator Chaplains need the names .. for their records, they are as follows:

Cypher

{1st squad}

Lord Lancelot

Sir Galahad

Sir Gawain

Sir Bedivere

Sir Tristan

Sir Percival

{2nd squad}

Sgt Ramesis

Brother Tiberius

Brother Aaron

Brother Nymeon

Brother Bathsheebus

Brother Tyrael

--

The reason for the different titles are so that I can distinguish between the two squads if they get into a multiple combat but each squad's Fallen Champion is either labelled 'sgt' or 'lord'. It could also be that they represent different factions within the Fallen brought together by Cypher.

But are they their real names? Everyone knows what liars they are...

They were designed with the rules from Gathering Storm III: Rise of the Primarch, which was interesting as that was the.. second time (?) Fallen have ever had actual rules but it felt a lot better than just CSM labelled as Fallen; these had the veteran statline and the full equipment complement of a standard CSM (or upgraded Grey Hunter).

Thanks for viewing. If you need any close-ups of individual models don't hesitate to ask.

Loving it! The variety in conversions and painting makes them look like the band of individual antiheroes they are. Naming them all adds another layer I really like.

I will do a detachment of Fallen for this years ETL, and yours are quite inspirational. Interesting timing for sure. :cool.:

Edited by Darnok

Guess I got arrested..

@ Darnok - are you going for a Chaos marine model angle or using Imperial kits? My only regret is not getting the FW Legion shoulder pads and maybe they could have done with a power sword or two, but I literally ran out of points. Could make another with a power sword who can replace an autocannon marine if I feel like it.

@ Darnok - are you going for a Chaos marine model angle or using Imperial kits? My only regret is not getting the FW Legion shoulder pads and maybe they could have done with a power sword or two, but I literally ran out of points. Could make another with a power sword who can replace an autocannon marine if I feel like it.

I will do a Plog for them, either tomorrow or over the weekend. As a project it will take a while, since it will be (at least) three squads of ten, plus characters and Rhinos. "Vigilus Ablaze" gave me the opportunity to field a Vanguard Detachment of Fallen with Sorcerors and tanks, and I want to fill it!

The models are a mix of Mk.4 marines and the DA veteran sprue, plus SM veteran and CSM (old squad and new, also Possessed) bitz. I also just ordered a Mk.3 box today, so those will be used as well.

Excellent! Sounds like a good mix. It's interesting you can take rhinos for them now. I used the 'Fallen Champions' formation from Gathering Storm III: Rise of the Primarch, and you can only take Cypher and up to 3 veteran squads but with quite a lot of special weapon slots.

t2xC24E.jpg

Just in case anyone wants to see Cypher's eyes. Nightmare painting them in a hood :tongue.:

There were more close-ups in Post Your Cypher, in the Hall of Honour. I've since shaded the scabbard more but now it needs more drybrushing gold over it again.