The Great Crusade Continues - ETL VII Prep

Brethren, are you ready? Hopefully some of you are already prepared for this years challenge, for anyone who's new and hasn't participated, feel free to field questions about the event here until the official forum is opened just before June 1st....

rk9lLdy.jpg

Brothers, rejoice!

At last, a battle worthy of our chapter!

Unfurl the banners and gather the Neophytes, the time is at hand...

Sadly the great rift stands between me and my paintbrushes this year, so all I can do is cheer you on. I look forward to the first completion of many vows!

Is this a painting challenge?  I'm new here =\

If it is, I have been trying to find motivation to paint the marine in my profile pic and his buddies.

It most certainly is! Starting June 1st, you can make a "vow" to complete just about any model you wish as long as it is a valid, playable loadout. The models you paint and finish are worth their in-game point value, and everyone who vows for the same army (which is determined by Codex) accrues over the course of three months, and winning factions get special badges and bragging rights. 

The Templars mobilize! That’s awesome!

For people that are new to the ETL here’s last year’s event. Go through it and feel free to ask any questions. :)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346705-e-tenebrae-lux-vi/?do=findComment&comment=5067601

Templars Assemble!

phuAtQH.png

Brought to you by my awesome MS paint skills.

Till when do I have to upload a picture of my first pledge? Because I am going to be busy the next few weeks. I am not sure I can build an prime my pledge Till june 1st.

Let alone clean my workbench tbh.

But I guess a picture of the sprues in question is alright too?

Yes, sprues are fine. 

Now the event kicks-off on June 1st, but the cut-off point to declare participation (which effectively happens when you submit your first vow) is a month later, July 1st. So you don't have to produce pictures of your vow on day one, you may wait until you're ready. After July 1st however, no new participants will be allowed in (unless for out-of-competition entries). Those who have entered though, can submit a second or subsequent vow at any point until the end of the event on September 1st. 

I hope this is as clear as it sounded in my head? :ermm:

I think my first vow is going to be the 20 (probably more) Neophytes that I've had primed and based since last year. Since they're still overpriced, I'm going to strangely use it to my advantage in the only way possible - points for ETL!!!

Now do I also wrap in two Land Speeder Storms as well....

Greetings, crusaders!

What is ETL? Is it painting or modelling event? I have a starter set "Dark Imperium" and want to convert all Space Marines from it to Black Templars. I`m familiar with modelling knife and know few tricks, but I`m not a painter.

Greetings, crusaders!

What is ETL? Is it painting or modelling event? I have a starter set "Dark Imperium" and want to convert all Space Marines from it to Black Templars. I`m familiar with modelling knife and know few tricks, but I`m not a painter.

You are in the right place. There's a multitude of resources and people here to help and ETL is a great way to get motivated! My best advice right now would be to get those marines off the spure (if not already), and base coated black (or white, or zenithal pre-highlighting via airbrush - ya know, you do you). In essence, taking those two steps means you're already HALF DONE!