Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

T'au Army - borderlands style- Hyperion themed

Tau borderlands cell shading Hyperion ork_paintboy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,261 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Heya,

not sure if any T'au players have seen this super Cool cool.png and inspirational army! wub.gif

It's done in Borderlands style(cell shading) in the colour scheme of the Hyperion Faction(well chosen), i was trolling around looking for cool pics for my idea's book when i stumbled on this guys work!! 

His name over on Instagram is : ork_paintboy and his work is stellar, i just had to show it here as it blew me away!!

enough blabbering and gushing praise..on to the pics...

med_gallery_9146_3140_228794.jpg

med_gallery_9146_3140_33601.jpg

med_gallery_9146_3140_21778.jpg

this is just a few of the pics... enjoy this awesome army!!

Cheers, Mithril

• Magos Takatus, RolandTHTG, Captain Semper and 3 others like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,764 posts

I've been watching this unfold on Instagram and it's mighty impressive. It's a good job he didn't theme it around the Jakobs brand. Nobody needs to paint that much wooden paneling in an army! :P

It's interesting to look at since it's impossible to put edge highlights along the panel lines due to the cel shading effect. I painted some of my Flash Gits based on the Torgue colour scheme but I didn't go the whole way and paint the black lines in.

It's a shame this painter doesn't appear to be on B&C, I'll have to congratulate him on Instagram.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! :)

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Funnily enough a friend of mine texted me the other day with these tau. They look great. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tau, borderlands, cell shading, Hyperion, ork_paintboy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users