Noob Question: Shock Prow. How does it actually work ?

Grimoire

As the topic title says, I'm having some difficulty understanding the mechanics of how this works. My searching turned up nothing other than some reference(s) to "Tank Shock" ?!?!

Not too worried about how *useful* this may be. Just want to understand. Not likely to build my remaining Raiders/Ravagers without it because, well, lol, I like the look of them :)

Thanks in advance !

Tank Shock is a rule from earlier editions of the game so not something you need to worry about.

Shock Prows no longer exist in 8th edition which means you are free to assemble your Raiders and Ravagers however you like. If you like the look of a spiky prow then go for it!

In game terms, the various spiky bits are represented by both Raiders and Ravagers being equipped with "Bladevanes" as standard. These are automatically part of the unit so you don't need to pay points for them. They allow the DE vehicle to fight in melee with S4 and AP-1 which makes them better than most other races' transport vehicles in this regard.

Thanks ! Now the $64,000 US question is ......... Do we have to pay for the privilege of having this on the model(s) ?? I seem to recall reading somewhere that it was 1 point to include this. Though I did just now check the 8th Codex and it seems to not have this cost. Just checked BattleScribe ....... the latest ( That I'm aware of ) Says 1 Point.

Argh.

So ... :smile.: Thanks again

Edited by Grimoire