Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperial Fists WIP Project Blog

imperial fists wip blog painting yellow

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

chosonofchaos

chosonofchaos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Hi folks. Long time since I've posted to the site so I thought I might try something out. As of late, I've come into a lot of free time but absolutely no motivation to paint my imperial fists and with my goal to finish my entire army by the end of the year this as well as the new Anno game coming out is not helping. Ive decided to start this WIP blog sorta thing to help keep me motivated to my goal so I can eventually start a new project.

Starting roughly 2 years ago, my Imperial Fists army has come to include an entire 3rd battle company (updated to guillimans new codex also including some primaris), a small armoured battle group, scout auxiliary force and a small 1st company detachment. Ive finished painting probably half of the collection with about a third based and shaded. All of the other models have been assembled and primed ready to go so I at least have an end point to go by.

So here are some pictures of some of my already finished marines. Sorry for the bad image quality.

gallery_48140_15466_285776.jpggallery_48140_15466_147466.jpggallery_48140_15466_361726.jpggallery_48140_15466_82225.jpggallery_48140_15466_240053.jpggallery_48140_15466_159376.jpggallery_48140_15466_99446.jpggallery_48140_15466_112365.jpg

And what is currently on my painting desk:

gallery_48140_15466_90166.jpg

I will try to post regularly with updates. Any words of motivation are welcome. If you would like to see more of what ive done, just let me know.

Edited by chosonofchaos, 26 May 2019 - 12:48 AM.

• Focslain, Primarch83, Brother Lunkhead and 9 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,511 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Your models are well done.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Caius_Karayan

Caius_Karayan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

they all look great, congrats. look forward to seeing the others!

chosonofchaos

chosonofchaos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Thanks for the comments all. Made some progress with a stormraven today. Here it is after a going over with averland sunset through the air brush and some leadbelcher for the landing gear and engines. All weapon options as well as the wings have been magnetised, none of the magnets are visible as I masked them all for spraying. Ill show you how I did it when I near completion and I can tear of the masking tape.

gallery_48140_15466_130254.jpg

• mithrilforge and Wakkomaster like this

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 510 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

Wow, that yellow is brilliantly done! Excellent work so far, I hope for more progress soon. smile.png

MagicMan

MagicMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,229 posts
  • Faction: Marines Errant

Beautifully painted, love your Tac Squad especially. Look forward to seeing more.

gallery_48988_6285_1353.png

chosonofchaos

chosonofchaos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Making good progress with the storm raven. I have finished all the base coats and shading, now onto the arduous task of edge highlighting.

gallery_48140_15466_346423.jpg

I thought I would show how I have magnetised the storm raven. The wings and top vent thing are magnetised to make transportation easier and also will hopefully prevent damage in the event it hits the floor (I speak from experience).

So first off, each wing has 4 magnets each which required a bit of dremel work to fit nicely. When the engines are eventually glued on, they become quite stable and wont fall off easily.

gallery_48140_15466_144173.jpg

gallery_48140_15466_93529.jpg

The top vent also has 3 magnets which when placed on top will also help the wing parts hold a bit better. I had to glue in some struts (just some old sprue bits) to glue the magnets onto.

gallery_48140_15466_130031.jpg

gallery_48140_15466_208932.jpg

The side doors are also magnetised. I had to glue in some struts here too with some small 2mm magnets that I glued into some holes I drilled. Ignore the bits of blutac on the hurricane sponsons, that's just so I can paint the sponson separately from the actual bolters.

gallery_48140_15466_186998.jpg

gallery_48140_15466_242230.jpg

Edited by chosonofchaos, 25 May 2019 - 05:39 AM.

• jaxom and Wakkomaster like this

Custom Hero

Custom Hero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Lydda
Nice work! Brilliant colors!

Leviathus

Leviathus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 369 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Blood Angels
Digging the mustard yellow!

iHzH627.jpgMb2DYpi.jpgiCNpHH5.pngePITB1B.png

Links:
Hobby blog  |  Instagram

chosonofchaos

chosonofchaos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Almost finished the storm raven, just waiting to varnish, pictures will come soon.

In the mean time, here is a tech-marine I've been working on lately and two cockpits for some storm talon gunships I've got in the work. I painted the cockpits prior to full assembly where I'll then prime using a spare windshield to prevent over spray getting into the cockpit.

gallery_48140_15466_229716.jpggallery_48140_15466_45995.jpg

Edited by chosonofchaos, 04 June 2019 - 09:38 AM.

• Captain Caine 24th and Brother Callidan like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,511 posts
Good job on the Techmarine and the Stormtalon cockpits.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

jkoczan42

jkoczan42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts

These look amazing. I love that yellow. And the squad markings are superb. Grade A Fists.

Brother Callidan

Brother Callidan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 203 posts
Love the work. Always nice to see a great painted Fist army. Something that I only dream f having

sml_gallery_79624_11720_41013.jpggallery_79624_11720_7397.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01a.jpg

CompletedVows (2)

chosonofchaos

chosonofchaos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Thank you everyone for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

So the storm raven is finally done. I'm very pleased the way it turned out despite how frustrating it got towards the end, I found It very tedious (lots of edges for those edge highlights) and somewhat awkward to paint but happy I managed to power through and finish it.  I wasn't sure what load out I was going to run for my tournament so I just ended up painting every weapon option I had for it. Now I just need to get around to making a flying base for it.

gallery_48140_15466_4344.jpggallery_48140_15466_318670.jpggallery_48140_15466_64866.jpggallery_48140_15466_103724.jpg

Here it is with some different weapon load outs.

gallery_48140_15466_118558.jpg

And here is my tech marine ready to go.

gallery_48140_15466_12431.jpggallery_48140_15466_178010.jpg

Edited by chosonofchaos, 05 June 2019 - 04:05 PM.

• Focslain, Brother Lunkhead, Bjorn Firewalker and 4 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,511 posts
Excellent work on the Stormraven and the Techmarine.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 05 June 2019 - 07:26 PM.

chosonofchaos

chosonofchaos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Just finished the hellfire dreadnought. Happy with the result but I could definitely tell this is an older sculpt with the lack of definition on some of the details.

gallery_48140_15466_308999.jpg

Here's whats coming up next, A squad of hammernators to ride in the storm raven with Lysander who is currently on display in my local GW store.

gallery_48140_15466_91954.jpg

• batu, Brother Lunkhead, Bjorn Firewalker and 1 other like this

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 962 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Most excellent work Brotherthumbsup.gif Looks to me like your putting out a lot of quality work in record time. Seems you'll have no problem meeting your goal if you keep this up.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,511 posts
Excellent work on the Dreadnought.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imperial, fists, wip, blog, painting, yellow

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users