Thanks all for the kind words.

Managed to get a bunch more stuff painted so now my entry for armies on parade is almost finished. Its a full demi-battle company including 3 tac squads, assault squad, devastator squad, command squad, captain and dreadnought. It is so satisfying to see the majority of my army finished even though most of these models will probably never get to see the battlefield. All I need to do now is replace the grass tufts with static grass and it's ready to go.

Not a great photo but here it is:

gallery_48140_15466_750344.jpg

And this is how ive finally decided to do the grass for the bases.

gallery_48140_15466_301449.jpg

Some glorious sons of Dorn there..

Would you mind giving your recipe for the yellow? It's amazing!

Thanks mate.

Its an 'Averland Sunset' base followed by a recess shade of 'Seraphim Sepia'. I then go back to 'Averland Sunset' to neaten up any mistakes with the wash. I would recommend being as neat as possible with the shade as the yellow will takes a few coats to cover over the shade. I then edge highlight using 'Ushabti Bone' followed by another edge highlight of 'Screaming Skull' only on the more extreme edges.

TLDR:

Base: Averland Sunset

Shade: Seraphim Sepia

Neaten up: Averland Sunset

Edge: Ushabti Bone

Extreme edges: Screaming Skull

They look great all together, that's a serious amount of yellow to have painted your way through!

I really like the repurposing of the Deathwatch marine to build your captain, very good conversion.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I am really happy the way the captain turned out, The DW marine was just screaming to be converted.

Edited by chosonofchaos

• 2 months later...

Alright I know it's been a while since Ive posted anything but rest assured I have been painting. I'm a little closer to deciding the final basing method. I have found the tufts that I will probably be using but still unsure on the rim colour. The model on the left is using 'steel legion drab' and the right is using 'rhinox hide'. Any thoughts would be great, thanks in advance.

gallery_48140_15466_20613.jpg

I will post some more updates soon but in the meantime, here is the display board for my recent 2000pt tournament. I was the only marine player to not use primaris.

gallery_48140_15466_255115.jpg

Thanks all for the input, I think I'll stick with the steel legion drab for the base rims. Thought I would share some more of my recently painted models. Here are my centurions, assault terminators and 5 more regular terminators. I still need to put tufts on the bases, just waiting for some more to arrive.

Sorry for the out of focus photos, I cant seem to be able to get all of the models in focus, maybe my phone just has a shallow depth of field or is there some trick to it?

gallery_48140_15466_529379.jpggallery_48140_15466_233842.jpggallery_48140_15466_634851.jpggallery_48140_15466_307243.jpg

So nice! The Terminators look awesome. The edge highlights and the white helmets are perfect. Do you have a recipe for the white?

Thanks mate. The white is pretty simple. Base with 'Celestra Grey', Shade with 'Nuln Oil', Layer with 'Ulthuan Grey' finally edge with 'White Scar'. Hope that helps.

Managed to find the time last week to finish another squad of scouts. Ive also redone the shoulder numerals for all my previously painted scouts. I now have 5 completed squads totaling 28. Here's some pictures. Again blurry pictures, I might have to dig out my old dslr if i can remember where it is.

gallery_48140_15466_1102900.jpggallery_48140_15466_643817.jpggallery_48140_15466_370734.jpggallery_48140_15466_37044.jpg

Edited by chosonofchaos

Your army looks great and I was really wowed by the scouts. Your edge highlights are pro. It's nice to see a pure true born marine list. 

** I see I posted on your army once before. Hah, well maybe I like it that much.

Edited by Zeller

• 2 weeks later...

Was going to start a new tread but might just post here. I will be transitioning into the guard for some respite from painting power armour. Here is my first test piece, I've yet to do the base but it will probably be the same as my fists. I think it might be a little too dull as in not enough contrast but let me what you think. I based it off the 110th from dawn of war.

gallery_48140_16043_49.jpg

Been meaning to show off this guy for a while so here he is. First captain Darnath Lysander.

gallery_48140_15466_81053.jpg

gallery_48140_15466_362674.jpg

Your Imperial Fists collection is definitely worthy of the praise it is receiving. Lovely clean paint jobs and the bases look great. :tu:

The test Guardsman looks good, too. Solid colour scheme. What are your plans Guard-wise? Any particular units you would like to add to your force?