Thanks everyone. I have devised another scheme along the lines of a desert/wasteland fighting force. I haven't done any highlights yet but the basic scheme is zandri dust for armour and corvus black for fatigues.

gallery_48140_16043_6395.jpg

This test piece is for how I would paint the vehicles along side the other scheme. Ive used skavenblight dinge instead of corvus for the armour as i think corvus might be too dark.

gallery_48140_16043_269856.jpg

As for army makeup,it will be a heavily mechanized army I''ll probably end up with 5 or 6 leman russ with hellhounds and maybe some basilisks. Let me know what you think, I am very much suffering from decision paralysis at the moment so any help would be great.

I prefer the DoW-inspired scheme. Speaking of, would you mind sharing what paints you used for it, please?

Yeah I think I'll stick with this scheme but might do a couple of tweaks. So the armour is based with 'corvus black' shaded with 'nuln oil' then edged with 'mechanicus std' then 'dawnstone'. The fatigues use base of 'castellan green' shaded with 'nuln oil' (I might actually swap this for a green shade) then edged with 'loren forrest' and 'straken green'.

Here is the test model now based. It looks a bit out of place with forest camo on a wasteland/desert base. Perhaps they were just issued with the wrong kit by the munitorum?

gallery_48140_16043_53316.jpg

• 4 months later...

So I haven't posted in awhile with progress being very slow with the way my works going at the moment but I though I might make a post of my recent completions. I've managed to get some things painted. Ive just finished the two dreads and the chaplain which ended up taking a couple of months with my limited painting time. I completed the scout bikers earlier this year for a comp in January. I'm definitaly happy with the way everythings coming out lately. Hope you all like.

gallery_48140_15466_37579.jpggallery_48140_15466_10847.jpggallery_48140_15466_154065.jpggallery_48140_15466_317335.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally got the last of my tactical and devastator marines finished for my army. So now all I have left to go is a bunch of vehicles and I'll be done.

Here are the two finished squads.

gallery_48140_15466_484411.jpg

Squad VI tactical

gallery_48140_15466_230447.jpg

Squad X devastator

gallery_48140_15466_658395.jpggallery_48140_15466_68064.jpg

So Ive pretty much finished all of my 'mini' marines bar a couple of characters and vehicle crew. Quite sad as I probably wont ever field any in a game so It's going to just be a display only army soon, but I feel the new primaris stuff is just so much better scale wise. Anyway, I'll post some more soon, Ive got 4 landspeeders in the works at the moment so I'll keep you all posted.

Edited by chosonofchaos

Your Fists are executed brilliantly, and use my exact favourite style of basing! Would you mind sharing your recipe for the mustard yellow?

It would be great to see a few more ‘head on’ shots to really appropriate the paint job, rather than the more overhead angle, if possible.

• 3 months later...

Just another update to the project. It has been moving at a snails pace but still moving nonetheless. So here's whats been in thje pipeline for quite some time but so glad it's finished now. Completed two Stormtalon Gunships which I think are really great models. Now my airwing of four is complete.

gallery_48140_15466_30324.jpggallery_48140_15466_340502.jpggallery_48140_15466_32864.jpggallery_48140_15466_134710.jpggallery_48140_15466_318261.jpg