Okay, so. I'm likely going to be able to get an Imperial Knight by Tuesday. That's three days from now. I only have one decision to make: Leviathan or Princeps Astor? I'm running a Nurgle army and an AdMech/Astartes army as it is, and both have Knights sworn to and/or running them in fluff. Both are Questoris-Class Knights. One is Lord Leviathan, a Nurglite Knight with his own personal back garden and small retinue of devout followers. The other is Lady Astor, Princeps of the House Astor, sworn to Forge World Ragnarus. Leviathan was Lady Astor's brother until his betrayal, and I'm building both in the end anyway, but I'm wondering which to attempt for my first Knight. I figure Leviathan's more difficult to pull off (I'd essentially have to base his back for him to match my vision of what he should look like), but, frankly, my Nurgle army needs the boost in strength. My Imperium already has a decent size to it (nearly 2k points) and my Nurgle army is just over 1k. Thoughts?

Well if Astor is going to be generally out of the box, and Leviathan is going to be heavily modified... then I would probably go with Astor first, but take notes while building that one with your thoughts on how best to modify it for when you build Leviathan.  You'll also be able to make a clean version of the heraldry and then nurglfy it... which I think will be easier than trying to clean up the nurgle version.

Well if Astor is going to be generally out of the box, and Leviathan is going to be heavily modified... then I would probably go with Astor first, but take notes while building that one with your thoughts on how best to modify it for when you build Leviathan.  You'll also be able to make a clean version of the heraldry and then nurglfy it... which I think will be easier than trying to clean up the nurgle version.

I'm in 100% agreement on this. It makes it easier to do a corrupted heraldry of something if you do the non-corrupted one first :lol:

My two cents:

Build Lady Astor first and wait until the chaos knights are released to build Lord Leviathan. You'll have two "out of the box" knights to build, no need to do conversion work except for adding bits to the Nurgle knight which you can get out of the Nurgle minis you have already built.