Plagueburst Crawlers

Charlo

Having just played against 3, let me tell you...

Any kind of competitive setting? Bring three and an Arch Contaminator prince/ lord. They are utterly brutal. My opponents had Entropy cannons too and they tore it up.

Possibly the best unit/ combo in the codex...

What did he use them against? What were they the most effective against and the least?

I've been trying them and they do well against hoards, but after that they are more of a distraction. At least how I've been able to use them.

I'm testing my 1500 point list atm and I have 3 in there. So far in 5 games not a single one of them died. Only thing I dislike is the randomness of spitters. A lot of times I rolled 2 or 3 shots for them in total, while others I rolled 10 or 11. Overall I love them tho!

What did he use them against? What were they the most effective against and the least?

I've been trying them and they do well against hoards, but after that they are more of a distraction. At least how I've been able to use them.

I was playing my Ad Mech and they were just savage to my Kataphron and eventually my Onager (and really anything else they shot at!). S8 on the mortar makes it solid against anything with the arch Contaminator reroll go wound.

The Entropy cannons were very good for sitting back and dealing massive damage.

I'm testing my 1500 point list atm and I have 3 in there. So far in 5 games not a single one of them died. Only thing I dislike is the randomness of spitters. A lot of times I rolled 2 or 3 shots for them in total, while others I rolled 10 or 11. Overall I love them tho!

1500 is what I played them against, three just feels broken at that level if I'm honest! Especially against something like Ad Mech who lack the range to get them. Plus he had a knight I had to deal with first.

On their own they're probably costed about right, but with the buffs if pushes them into crazy town.

• 5 weeks later...

@Charlo if your opponent is bringing 3 Plague burst crawlers and a knight at 1500pts he's a dick anyways haha.

Im not a fan of the entropy cannons. If pbc's had a 3+ bs instead of 4+ that degrades to 5+ I'd be all for it but that's too inaccurate for me to sit in the back, and they are not plague weapons. Would be cool if deathguard could take that newer regular CSM lord of discordant for the +1 to hit on the pbc, Drone and hauler.

I feel like when the dg codex came out people either loved or hated the pbc's, and most of the people that didn't care for them used entropy cannons and had them in the back where they are less useful. I like to put spitters on them and get close with them. The mortar is just a bonus!

I should have a PBC in the next week or so (depending on Forbidden Planets shipping) is one going to be enough in a 1500 list? Or would two be better? I basically have the Dark Imperium stuff, a Tallyman, the Tainted Cohort guys and a Foul Blightspawn.

I've never played in a tournament they aren't really my thing - just want to force that will be a laugh to play and not get totally devastated :biggrin.:

edit: my Death Guard are going to be the Pallid Hand company, I like the sound of infantry backed up by armour and artillery. 

Edited by Reyner

I'd say if you get some other vehicles then having just one PBC is fine for non-tournament matches (depends on how competetive your local meta is of course). Get some drones, rhinos and helbrutes alongside of your PBC will all help to divert fire from it due how durable it already is. Nobody really wants to shoot at a T8 Sv3+ tank with DR when there are other easier to kill targets that are also important.

Edited by sfPanzer

I've been running Typhus, 2x flying claw DP's, pox walkers, 3 spitter drones, and have been thinking about adding 2x PBC. I am kind of doing a ramming speed theme list and was going to put spitters and rothail volley guns on each... or do you all think having them sit back with entropy cannons and heavy slugger would be a better set up?

I've been running Typhus, 2x flying claw DP's, pox walkers, 3 spitter drones, and have been thinking about adding 2x PBC. I am kind of doing a ramming speed theme list and was going to put spitters and rothail volley guns on each... or do you all think having them sit back with entropy cannons and heavy slugger would be a better set up?

If your list theme is ramming the enemy, then the spitters are definitely better imo

Playing the PBC more mobile - i.e. giving them spiters and moving them up the field - makes more sense for a "in your face!"-army. You also have the added bonus of mobile cover by blocking line of sight - the PBC is pretty massive and durable, so use it to your advantage!