Sons of Corax: Show off your pre-ETL Vow models!

Dracos

Hey Guys,

Great job by everyone involved in Dawn of Shadows. Make sure to grab your banner as a symbol of your efforts. Okay that’s old business, on to new business.

I thought we might all share a semi-gallery of photos showcasing our First Vow for ETL 2019. Keep each other motivated, share ideas, ask questions, or for advice on our projects.

I hear Chaos making some noise on the board about their upcoming efforts .... or that just be a lot of hot wind blowing in from the warp? ;) Either way the Sons of Corax are ready for whatever the Shadows may hold over the next few months I’m sure. :)

Shows those pics, of like Chapter Master Banner says “ ... didn’t happen.” ;)

PS: I’m in the middle of a house move but I’ll have 10 of my already primered Aggressors up middle of the week.

Well, the first vow is ready. I made detail pics and basecoated over the aggressors again (bases were drybrushed in previous painting round), but this pic is a better overview:

etl03ki0.jpg

-1 phobos captain

-3 eliminators

-10 infiltrators

-3 aggressors

-5 hellblasters

-1 redemptor

The painting technique will be the usual. I'll just experiment with some weathering on the Redemptor, and recess shading that looks a bit less comic-y.

But as we still have some time to kill until we can start painting, there's a bit more on the way. The tracked Repulsor is pretty much ready for gear and sandbags. There's another 5 intercessors to fill one squad up to 10 (that's what was missing on my previous games - more spare intercessors), and a primaris-compatible drop pod is on its way too. As there are always spare primaris models around (suppressors, lieutenant, more infiltrators) I can increase this beyond 1500p if painting speed permits. Though I might add a squad or two to my AdMech primaris - they still count for our forum, so that wouldn't be an issue.

3kkk1e.jpg

Edited by MajorNese

Man I love that repulsor. Looking forward to your WIP pics when you get them up so I can see the conversion in more detail.

I'll see if I can get pics up. I paint slow so most likely I'll vow a unit or two and that'll max me for the competition. I build and prime faster than I paint. I'm also going to be starting a new job in a couple weeks and I'm not sure how much time while I'm adjusting to that.

I really like the missile launchers (?) on the side. I’ll be watching the other thread for a How to :). Edited by Dracos

I really like the missile launchers (?) on the side. I’ll be watching the other thread for a How to :smile.:.

For the tracks, it's up.

The missile launchers are simple - they are the representation of the two mandatory krakstorm launchers, made of two krakstorm launchers (one filed down to remove the side tab, so both fit together as a single launcher bit) glued to a Tau dv8 smart missile system (cut off the missile heads, file down the sides for more angular look). Some spare bits (mostly from hunterkiller missiles) to connect it to the turret, and that's it.

There's a tactical squad, 2 more whirlwinds, 2 dreadnoughts, a green plastic razorback rhino and a techmarine that are ready for the ETL. I have a lot of other units; the drop pod is more important than the whirlwinds so I might do that instead. Or I have a new in the box Storm Raven that I'm dying to assemble. Does anyone know of any online guides to assembling and painting Storm Ravens? I haven't ever assembled one yet and I want to paint the interior as well.

90iR3AD.jpg

The techmarine family (almost all of them anyway):

1saVkqM.jpg

More close-ups of the whirlwind turrets:

AZw0Gip.jpg

EQTM9k7.jpg

Not sure if the other whirwind would be a scratch build or a counts-as so I might just try to get the tactical squad and rhino done to start with and see from there. The idea for the missile launcher was copied from Kirsten who used to post on BoLS Lounge and Imperial Guard Message Board but her's was a Leman Russ turret vehicle variant.

The bit that looks like a toilet bowl is an electrical component and it fits quite well into the razorback turret hole (OK it moves a little bit but the copper thing adds weight so that when the missile is aiming high the whole turret doesn't fall back anymore).

Edited by longjohnsilver

Shadow Council: Primaris Warhawks Aggressors

Mentored by the Raptors during the Indomitus Crusade a secret council was formed to wage war against the Alpha Legion after the ambushes on Secundus Terra. Given specially forged Gravis armor and bolter weapons by the Master of the Forge, they are the hammer of the Warhawks.

med_gallery_7985_14167_61116.jpg

Already primered Army Painter paints Army Green in honor of the Raptors accessories may vary :)

Can't wait to see the Shadow Council Aggressors painted, Dracos. Did you get any Shadowspear units for follow on vows?

Can someone work out the points of my vow for me? I don't have the latest Chapter Approved and don't know the new point modifications.

For:

5 Tactical marines - grav gun

Rhino - stormbolter

Want to get my vow up tonight rather than tomorrow although in an hour it'll officially be 1st June.

Edited by longjohnsilver