elites point values

I was reviewing the book and I wanted some feedback from the community.

the point difference between a astrates tactical terminator & an occult terminator is 2 points.

Q. Is the point difference fair after you compare the rules between the two elites?

Edited by Mechanicus_Adept

It's the same as in regular 40k. For some reason Heretic Astartes Terminators are more expensive than Adeptus Astartes Terminators.

Welcome to Death Guard, where we pay 10 points more for semirelevant upgrades (except when your main opponent plays stormtroopers) :D

But yeah, the difference is probably due to copypaste problems from 40k and DttFE. Which sucks, as that isn't a universal power. Do Scarabs have All Is Dust, still? That's also worth something against many guns like bolt rifles, hellguns etc.

My main gripe with termies is that they usually are geared for both good shooting and melee, but cannot benefit from both in Kill Team as much because charges happem before shooting. Should this be reflected in points or preferably other mechanics, up to debate, but annoying nonetheless on such expensive troopers.

Do Scarabs have All Is Dust, still? That's also worth something against many guns like bolt rifles, hellguns etc.

They do - and against the units that have been in KT to date, it's very powerful.  However, this expansion compensates by letting in a lot of units with heavier weaponry.

From a thematic standpoint, that might be better - a Terminator will withstand a lot of small arms fire like they should, and the best way to take one down will be with some form of BFG.