Ridiculous Squiggoth Army...? Suggestions please.

One_happy_hippy

I really want to justify buying a / some squiggoths / gargantuan squiggoths. Following some less than spectacular results with my trying-to-be-semi-competitive-and-failing-completely-tyranid army, I’ve decided that I want my next army to just be fun / ridiculous / all or nothing.

So squiggoths, many many squiggoths... I also would like some ridiculous weapons, preferably ones that will with do absolutely nothing, obliterate the enemy or just kill me depending on the dice gods. I’m thinking Zzap guns on the squiggoths for starters. Probably Meks with shock attack guns embarked. The more ridiculous the better. I here tractor cannons are fun, but I’m not sure if they might be a bit too reliable...

I also want to have a group of Flash gits led by Kaptin Badrukk embarked on a squiggoth like the pirates they are but on a squiggy orkz pirate squiggoth.

If I understand correctly you can embark a Mek in mega armour with Kustom Force field on to a squiggoth for a 5+save as a transport? I believe that the gargantuan squiggoth still doesn’t allow mega armour models?

Tellyporta: is there anything to stop you tellyporta’ing a squiggoth full of crazy? The strat say embarked troops go as well... maybe full of Tankbustas? Blood Axe Kulture, charge fall back a bit next turn if still alive and then use the stick bombs strat to lob a load of tankbusta granades? Sound suitably ridiculous to me!

Suggestions for other sorts of daftness appreciated.

If you're running a...swarm? Flock? Congress? I dunno, large amount of squiggoths it screams snakebites to me. Other clans use them but typically not in great numbers. Another thought is to throw the clans out the window and just fill them with grots in a rebellion, as they're the ones tending to the squiggoths anyways, and that reduces the amount of points spent on troops, therefore increasing the amount you can spend on more squiggoths.

I can dig it. For the Gargantuan Squiggoth, it may not be able to carry mega-nobz, but I think it would serve beautifully as the Flagship of your Flash Gitz (you can put 2 units of 10 in). Sadly, Badrukk's Flashiest Gitz rule doesn't work inside transports, so taking him would be solely for the theme and not to really help the Flash Gitz at all.

You can tellyporta a (regular) Squiggoth, with the unit inside. Tankbustas are a decent choice, since they come with their own stock re-rolls. Note, that FAQ rulings prevent you from being able to use stratagems on units in transports, even with Open-Topped (or Howdah). You'd have to disembark for the grenades stratagem.

I would advise against putting shokk attack guns in Squiggoths. I assume you're going to be moving those squiggoths forward, and SAG are heavy, so would always be shooting at -1 to hit. Unlike Flash Gitz, they don't start at BS4, so that would greatly reduce their shooting.

For mek gunz, Smasha guns are both the most fun AND the best gun. Rolling 2d6 to beat the targets toughness is an enjoyable mechanic, IMO, and you can take a bunch of them thanks to their cheap points cost.

Thanks for the advice!

My original idea was for a mechanised Panzork Orkkrieg Army with loads of Meks, killerKans, megadreads Stormboyz and Kommandos etc but with Squiggoths rather than tanks.

Then I remembered about Flash Gits. I like the idea of the gargantuan Squiggoth Flash Gits pirate flag ship.

I reckon I’ll do the rest of the ‘normal’ Squiggoths as part of my Panzork Orkkrieg Army as Blood Axes.

Can’t see where Flashiest Gitz rule can’t be used in transports, is that been FAQ’d somewhere or just in the rules for transports?

Thanks for the advice!

My original idea was for a mechanised Panzork Orkkrieg Army with loads of Meks, killerKans, megadreads Stormboyz and Kommandos etc but with Squiggoths rather than tanks.

Then I remembered about Flash Gits. I like the idea of the gargantuan Squiggoth Flash Gits pirate flag ship.

I reckon I’ll do the rest of the ‘normal’ Squiggoths as part of my Panzork Orkkrieg Army as Blood Axes.

Can’t see where Flashiest Gitz rule can’t be used in transports, is that been FAQ’d somewhere or just in the rules for transports?

Aura abilities cannot be used in Transports, otherwise it'd open up some very, very silly interactions.

Yeah, it's from the transport rules:

Unless specifically states, abilities that affect other units within a certain range have no effect whilst the unit that has the ability is embarked.