Best way to get into Titanicus?

I have some questions concerning this as well, as I am currently wanting to take a break from painting marines and I love big stompy robots.

Which weapons options do I have in the battlegroup box? Is it what the titans come with in the boxes? I'd magnetize anyways I think, but since I am still in the "planning stages" of taking the plunge into Titanicus this would be nice to know.

Am I correct in assuming that the supplementary books, Titandeath and Doom of Molech, are the source of newer legios, as the core rules only has the rules for Gryphonnicus and Tempestus?

Do we know wether there is a timer on the Battlegroup box? E.g. do I want to hurry with buying it?

The standard options. You get two each of the warhound guns, the reaver had a gatling, laser blaster, power fist and apocalypse missile launcher and the warlord is option-free with missile launchers and a pair of bellicosas.

Yes, the Legios are in the supplement books. Molech probably has more rules than Titandeath as it also brings updated knight rules, rules for some knight households and more stratagems for everyone. Titandeath has more Legios (8 to Molech's 4) and a lot of campaign stuff.

The battlegroup does't seem to be a limited release, but you never know. Why wait?

Edited by Mandragola

Firstly:

Thank you guys for the replies!

Well I think my process will be cleaning up my painting backlog (which is actually pretty light by now) and demoing titanicus, then ordering the titan battle group. I dont want to order it right now due to there being a) a small amount of backlog, but still some backlog. B) I will move to a New City at the end of june and want to see wether there will be players for me there and what I need to buy IRL to fill my new home with things like dishwashers and so on.

How does one go about converting the Plasma annhilator?

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

Yeah I wouldn’t make a sunfury from the plasma blasters, mainly because plasma blasters are fantastic.

I do think the sunfury is the best gun a warlord can take. If you like running warlords you’ll eventually want a second one, so my suggestion would be to get yourself a plasma warlord at some point. In the meantime, magnetise your warlord and maybe look into getting the resin Gatling gun and/or quake cannon.

So basicly if I want the full Set of guns I can just order the other multipart kit of the same titan and have the full Set or the corresponding upgrade sprue?

In thta case I guess I wont start chopping up bits for conversions before I know what I actually want to use.

The battleforce (£100) and both the Warlord's Sunfury and Arioch claw (£26) and the Reaver's Melta, Volcano, Chainfist (£15) sprues will get you £1 above what you'd pay buying the battleforce titans individually. And that is buying direct from GW, a must for the additional frames (unless some 3rd party retailers do offer them, which I am not aware of) but you could get the battleforce from a 3rd party retailer offering a discount (they typically range from 10% to 25%, watch out for shipping costs). Add the FW resin weapons on top of that, the macro gatling and quake cannon are at £14 each, no idea yet as to the prices for the additional Reaver's weapons that were announced.

Magnets are a must imho. Have a look at other magnets' sizes too, I used 5x1, 4x1, 3x2, 3x1 for titans and 3x1, 2x1 and 1x1 for knights. I went crazy :biggrin.:

Okay cool, good to know, thank you guys!

Is the civitas imperialis sector Box that they did worth it? Because one of my 3rd Party plastic crack dealers still has it Listed for 80€. Not the administratum one, the one without any spires. I am thinking of Pulli g the trigger in that as well when ordering the battle group.

Is the civitas imperialis sector Box that they did worth it? Because one of my 3rd Party plastic crack dealers still has it Listed for 80€. Not the administratum one, the one without any spires. I am thinking of Pulli g the trigger in that as well when ordering the battle group.

Well, the new Administratum sector box (£90) is basically a combination of the old civitas imperialis sector box (£75) and the new civitas imperialis spires box (£20), so there is an embedded discount of £5. I would advise comparing with the prices you can get for the new sector box and small spires box before pulling the trigger. Buying the new sector box might prove to cost a bit less than buying the old box and then later the small spires box.

That was the impression I had after a quick Look, Thanks. I think its something like 80+25 vs 104. So not really a difference.

But seriously I am wondering wether the troublemaker terrain ks might be worth it to be honest. Because it looks amazing.

Oh I have one normal set, a double set, and a double set with spires. I’m just saying that to start the game and save money for more giant stompy robots it’s fine to use “stuff” that may be less city oriented and more junkyard.

I used the civitas stuff to dress up some electrical boxes from the hardware store and I think it turned out pretty good! I have some photos on the legio cascadia plog somewhere...

Yup, page four, check it out, very cost effective.

Edited by Rabenga

It's one of two 40k podcasts I listen to. You can find it on spotify or their Website (http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/) pretty nice and guys Hobby maniacs from what I can tell.

Another question: knights. Are they worth it? I'm thinking of ordering a Banner of cerastus or normal knights with the titan Box.

If I was going to take some Knights I would choose Cerastus over the basics. Yes you have limited range potential but they really are dangerous if they connect. Just make sure you are always hiding behind a building, if you end your movement out in the open and not in melee those models are dead.