Best way to get into Titanicus?

I'm pretty sure I'm sold on jumping into this game. There's not many players in my area but I love the models so I'll 'collect' them and play when I can. The IC's episode pushed me over the edge and reading through this thread has solidified that I'll go battlegroup/rules. I'll probably pick up the battlegroup first and grab the rules when I'm closer to actually being able to play the game.

Ok, so I had a demo in February and this game basically hits all the notes I want a Titan-based game to hit. I recently got a job that pays an actual wage so figured I may as well bite the bullet. My current prospective shopping list is as follows:

Rules Set

Doom of Molech

Titandeath

2x Titan Battlegroup

Imperial Knights

Cerastus Knights

Administratum Sector

Does that seem like a reasonable entry? Are there any Forge World extras I should acquire? Finally, should I get extra Command Terminal Packs and/or the Weapon Card Packs?

Dragonlover

I'll go for both, the plan is to paint up (at least) two forces and get a campaign rolling, so I'd like to have the option available in case my opponent of the week wants to try them out.

Dragonlover

I had a demo last night and had a blast. We had equal forces of a Warlord, Reiver, 2x Warhound, and 3 Questoris knights.

I'm sold on this game hard. I can't wait for my battlegroup to come in the mail and I'm planning on getting my 3D printer running to make terrain.

My opponent's titans are all WIPs so we played with what he had in its current state. The mechanics were easily grasped and we were able to draw LOS since all the profiles were close to accurate, minus a carapace here and there. First couple turns were a little slow and I played my warhound like a warlord, but in turn 3 stuff started heating up with reactor leaks, critical damage, explosions, and got really fun.

Picture from the game:

aSzYeinh.jpg

Nice! I am slowly assembling mine, but have been distracted by scenery and the need to sort out the house (we moved last year and are still trying to find homes for things).

Welcome aboard to all the new Princeps. Hope you enjoy this game as much as I do.

In terms of what to buy, the battleforce is clearly the best way to get models. I tend to think the alternate reaver and warlord are good too. You need the weapons and it’s probab more efficient to get them along with a titan body, especially if you can find a discount online.

That said, for a warlord the two resin guns are both really great, while the turbo lasers for the roof are pretty bad. So maybe it makes sense to only get warlords in the battleforce now.

Welcome aboard to all the new Princeps. Hope you enjoy this game as much as I do.

In terms of what to buy, the battleforce is clearly the best way to get models. I tend to think the alternate reaver and warlord are good too. You need the weapons and it’s probab more efficient to get them along with a titan body, especially if you can find a discount online.

That said, for a warlord the two resin guns are both really great, while the turbo lasers for the roof are pretty bad. So maybe it makes sense to only get warlords in the battleforce now.

but aren't Sunfurry Plasma and Power Claws are also good? or at least Volcanio Cannons run to hot for their damage output, or so I've read.

at the vary least grabbing the sprue for those is a must, alternate heads and carapace armor is also nice for individualizing your Warlords if you're getting more than one.

Plasma gets a lot of use and favored overall, the powerfist is powerful but you sorta don't want your Warlord in melee because that usually means knights will shortly be stabbing him where the sun don't shine.  I will absolutely rock a powerfist but my guys are falling to Khorne. 

Fluff > optimization 

I really want to try a Sunfury and Maco Gatling Cannon but still haven't picked up the alternate sprue, at this rate I'll just get the full Warlord box and try work around the turbo lasers. 

but aren't Sunfurry Plasma and Power Claws are also good? or at least Volcanio Cannons run to hot for their damage output, or so I've read.

at the vary least grabbing the sprue for those is a must, alternate heads and carapace armor is also nice for individualizing your Warlords if you're getting more than one.

You definitely want at least one plasma sprue. It’s just a question of if you should get it by buying the plasma warlord or by ordering it.

I think the sunfury is probably the best gun in the game. It’s got enough shots to use against shields and enough strength to fire at max power against armour. Once a titan is damaged it’s not bad for targeted shots to finish it off.

The claw isn’t great. The issue is getting a warlord into combat in the first place. You’re generally going to have to spend time on full stride orders so none of your other guns can fire and you’ll want to power up your reactor for speed. Meanwhile you could have been shooting at things with really big guns, which is much less hassle all round.

It's a good area denial weapon if the scenario calls for it, but that's a big if. Totally worth building and magnetizing because it looks cool and sometimes you'll want a melee force if you're a fluff gamer like me.

Ok, so I had a demo in February and this game basically hits all the notes I want a Titan-based game to hit. I recently got a job that pays an actual wage so figured I may as well bite the bullet. My current prospective shopping list is as follows:

Rules Set

Doom of Molech

Titandeath

2x Titan Battlegroup

Imperial Knights

Cerastus Knights

Administratum Sector

Does that seem like a reasonable entry? Are there any Forge World extras I should acquire? Finally, should I get extra Command Terminal Packs and/or the Weapon Card Packs?

Dragonlover

More... SCENERY! MOAR!

Weapon and Titan card packs are a :cuss show right now, half are on the website to buy, then a quarter are last chance and the rest are already in the ether. They did say that it was a printing issue but even now they have not come back in stock so I think that's why they released the PDF of the cards.

In the base rules you get two? copies of weapons and titans so if you are going to field more than that(4x Warhounds), you will need more titan and weapon cards.