Best way to get into Titanicus?

Good to know. How much more scenery? One more Sector?

Speaking of scenery, has anyone tried bulking it out with the old Cities of Death scenery? In my head it helps convey the insane size of the Imperium's architecture if some of the walls are the same size as the stompy robots but I could be talking nonsense.

Dragonlover

Good to know. How much more scenery? One more Sector?

Speaking of scenery, has anyone tried bulking it out with the old Cities of Death scenery? In my head it helps convey the insane size of the Imperium's architecture if some of the walls are the same size as the stompy robots but I could be talking nonsense.

Dragonlover

How much more? It all depends on how crazy you are :biggrin.: I have the equivalent of 4 civitas imperialis sector (old boxes) + 2 small boxes of spires, and I'll likely add more spires down the road.

Combining with old Cities of Death scenery works perfectly, exactly for the insane size of the Imperium's architecture. Feel free to check my project log, there are a few examples of terrain scattered there http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/

These two in particular are using old Cities of Death elements

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5171140

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5178970

I also strongly suggest combining with other things like styrofoam packaging, foamboard, … it allows for bigger structures, without sending the costs too high.

Check the other project logs as well, there are tons of gems here and there. 

Yeah I'm slowly working my way through project logs, yours is on the list.

I'll probably go with one box of scenery to start with and see how far I can push it. I also saw the topic about laminateable terminals, I'll probably run a bunch of those off. Although I do enjoy the tactile nature of the official ones so we'll see.

Tempted to order my stuff tomorrow when I go down my LGS. Then I can putter about with it between working on my ETL vow.

Dragonlover

My battlegroup arrived today, sadly I won't get to start building for a couple days. I'm very impressed with the sprues. The warlord looks a little intimidating but I plan on taking my time. I'll probably start with the warhounds first.

My battlegroup arrived today, sadly I won't get to start building for a couple days. I'm very impressed with the sprues. The warlord looks a little intimidating but I plan on taking my time. I'll probably start with the warhounds first.

If you want to make sure you’ve cleaned up sprue joints and mould lines (not that mould lines on these kits are much of an issue in my experience), the Warlord will take a couple of hours to put together. However, if you follow the instructions, at least for your first one, they’re not actually that difficult. I took a while to figure out how the defence batteries go on, but I may have just been being a bit dim that day!

The Warhound is definitely the easiest kit to put together, and I’d say the Reaver, or more specifically, the Reaver’s legs, is the hardest to do. But if you’ve had any level of experience, follow the instructions, and make sure you dry fit any armour plates before you glue the skeleton, you should be fine. Even then, though, I found I had to do a little whittling of shin plates on my Reavers to get them to fit sometimes...

Blue tack your joints so you can pose your legs. Be careful of spreading them too far because the overlapping armor plates will have trouble fitting into place. Spraying torsos and legs separately will make your life easier too.

You guys haven't seen my PLOGs yet, have you? I paint in so many sub assemblies it's a little ridiculous. There will be much blue tack and posing.

I'm currently trying to determine if a Warhound would be able to bound off/over a rock and seeing if I can make that pose happen.

Yeah I'm slowly working my way through project logs, yours is on the list.

I'll probably go with one box of scenery to start with and see how far I can push it. I also saw the topic about laminateable terminals, I'll probably run a bunch of those off. Although I do enjoy the tactile nature of the official ones so we'll see.

Tempted to order my stuff tomorrow when I go down my LGS. Then I can putter about with it between working on my ETL vow.

Dragonlover

How much is again personal taste but the one thing you must do is think Vertically, you do not want to pepper up the floor but build up Mega Blocks like in Judge Dredd to hide the titans, some cover to dodge between.

Its all pretty easy EXCEPT OMG THE LEGS! Trying to imagine a good pose and then building that pose without the hole thing becoming one with gravity is the all the fun :biggrin.:

The Warhound has the least poseable legs, the Reiver and Warlord are in a different league when it comes to posing.

Edited by Black_Knight