Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

UWAT (Use What's Available Today) 2000pts

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,838 posts
  • Faction: Conclave of Shadows

Hello,

I'm trying to close on a 2000pt list as I get back into gaming. I have lots of inventory and I'm trying to utilize what I have. That said, if is abysmal I may need to buy some things. My first love is drop podding and I have 6 or more pods, but since they are not so good this edition this list is not utilizing them. Also I have lots of TDAWGS also not using those. Please let me know if this list is decent. This is not for tourney but for local friendly competitive games (I strive for close games win or lose).

+++ Sw use what u have (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [104 PL, 1,987pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) ++

+ HQ +

Rune Priest: Bolt pistol, Runic armour, Runic sword

Wolf Lord: Jump Packs, Saga of the Wolfkin, Storm shield, The Armour of Russ, Thunder hammer, Warlord

+ Troops +

Grey Hunters: 4x Chainsword
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Power axe
. 3x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon: Bolt pistol, Plasma gun
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Combi-plasma, Power fist

Grey Hunters: 4x Chainsword
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Power axe
. 3x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon: Bolt pistol, Plasma gun
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Combi-plasma, Power fist

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Power fist

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Power fist

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback: Twin assault cannon

Razorback: Twin assault cannon

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) ++

+ HQ +

Wolf Priest: Bolt pistol, Jump Packs

+ Elites +

Murderfang

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Wulfen
. 4x Thunder hammer & Stormshield: 4x Storm Shield, 4x Thunder Hammer
. 4x Wulfen
. Wulfen Pack Leader: Frost claws

+ Heavy Support +

Long Fangs
. Long Fang: Lascannon
. Long Fang Pack Leader: Chainsword
. . Boltgun and Bolt Pistol

+ Flyer +

Stormwolf: Twin helfrost cannon
. Two Lascannons: 2x Lascannon
. Two Twin Heavy Bolters: 2x Twin heavy bolter

Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,518 posts

Seems solid to me. A few things to think about:

Looks to me like the Wulfen and WP would go in the Stormwolf, if you have any bloodclaws they do a great job of riding with them in the event that the boat gets shot down. Any 1's on the disembark can represent the wulfen using one as a pillow basically. Maybe in place of an intercessor squad? The other angle of that is having 1 intercessor and the LF would be pretty good in the backfield since the rest of your list wants to be up close or mid-board.

If your hurting for points I've found that relatively naked GH with chainswords are still remarkably effective/reliable in the right situation.

In regards to play, just remember that the Wulfen have a crazy charge threat range when embarked so you don't need to be too aggressive with the boat, that thing flying around shooting is so deadly. 3.5" out, 7" move, advance, rerollable charge mathwise was something like a 21-22" avg. threat range.

There do you see the RP hanging out? LFs for Chooser?

EDIT: It should also be mentioned I really do think theres a use case for pods post FAQ, fencing people in with them is a hard thing for some to deal with. That footprint is huge now that the doors officially count (if you choose so)

Edited by PeteySödes, 21 May 2019 - 07:41 PM.

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,838 posts
Thanks Petey. You have given me some things to think about. I have the wolf lord and the the wp in the storm wolf with the wulfen. Should I lose the lord? How many pods are viable?

Edited by Lord Ragnarok, 21 May 2019 - 11:34 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,518 posts
Nah the lord is nice for the hit rerolls on wulfen which is where they struggle sometimes.

As for pod viability I’m not sure, it’s kinda of a gimmicky thought experiment in my head ATM.

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,838 posts
I just saw your rune priest question. I was going to place him near the intercessors. Long fangs a better option?
Posted ImagePosted Image

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,518 posts
That or the Redemptor, really depends on the opponent. Against something like GSC or someone using infantry reserves I’d say the redemptor for chooser of the slain. High T reserves I’d go with LFs. If they aren’t using, or likely to use, reserves it’s open season really. His sweet spot is 18” though which is likely closer than the intercessors are likely to be. I just can’t seem to rely on Storm Caller like we used to, 8 is just too high for it unless you’re Njal. Better to be either a roving debuffer/mortals or beatstick/mortals with tempests wrath or fury respectively.

I keep mine on a JP to dish out mortals and finish squads with lightning and he’s my MVP.

Edited by PeteySödes, 22 May 2019 - 12:55 PM.

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,838 posts

Thanks Petey. More to consider. I may use one of my three already painted RP's to cut down on "manufacturing" time and build a new one with JP as I react to events in the field. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,838 posts
Another question...do,the wp and wl fly behind the storm wolf? Two jump pack ic’s with wulfen and bc will not fit.
Posted ImagePosted Image

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,518 posts
I don’t use a JP on the WP if I run him. I actually forgot you had the second detachment with the WP. I would swap the Lord for a battle leader since your currently doubling up on the hit re rolls. If you sub him for a WGBL you can get wound rerolls and make that unit crazy reliable.

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,838 posts

Still not enough room in the stormwolf for BC's, WP, WBL and wulfen :(

Is it safe for the WGBL to fly on his own?

Posted ImagePosted Image

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,518 posts

Depends on the opponent but id say yea. Just be aware of where everyone is but its a larger base so you should be able to hide him to ensure he's nobodies closest.

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,838 posts

Thanks Petey, this helps me get out of the design phase. 

• PeteySödes likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users