I'm fond of the old-school arm lamp with a cool white or daylight bulb. Nothing fancy, but I set up 3-5 of them so I can all but eliminate shadows while I work on something. They're so adjustable that you can get light just were you need it. Look for cheap ones if you need to save on cost or spend more on nicer ones if you want them to last longer.

I have one of these over my hobby desk:

https://eu.daylightcompany.co.uk/range/professional/luminos-daylight-35600.html

I'm very happy with it. It is strong as a surgery lamp, and it emits daylight-like light across the whole workspace. besides full power, it has two more modes were it dims down the output light in case you want to watch a computer screen nearby or so.

I'd say this lamp is top notch, functionally and quality, but it costs like a Fellblade.

Any kind of daylight bulb will see you right - the rest is how fancy you want to go pretty much :smile.:

I discounted them for ages after speaking to an artist, before trying one by chance and realising that they're plenty good enough for a hobbyist :tongue.: Wish I knew at the time as it makes a big difference to evening painting, so does wonders for your productivity especially if you're limited in when you can find hobby time :thumbsup: