my guard colour scheme...years in the making!

Did some more base coating last night... was going to use DeathWorld Forest but it turned out to be too close to the Zandri Dust :ermm: so the effect didn't quite stand out...

Switched to Mournfang Brown and i'm happy with the change so far ...after the base camo is done (and the other wing has been painted :sweat: ) i'll start on shark mouth !..

med_gallery_9146_7882_5530.jpg med_gallery_9146_7882_523242.jpg

med_gallery_9146_7882_268858.jpgmed_gallery_9146_7882_972278.jpg

* you can see in the lower pics how DWF really blends in ...the cockpit and the turbo fan covers...will be redone in Zandri Dust...

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Really nice work on the valkyrie! On everything really but I do especially love the valk model. I built mine years ago and did a pretty sloppy job - so much plastic glue... I'm really jealous at how clean this one turned out to be. Looking forward to seeing more!

Also did you paint the cockpit interior? It looks like there might be some color in there?! That's weirdly my favorite part of the whole kit.

Really nice work on the valkyrie! On everything really but I do especially love the valk model. I built mine years ago and did a pretty sloppy job - so much plastic glue... I'm really jealous at how clean this one turned out to be. Looking forward to seeing more!

Also did you paint the cockpit interior? It looks like there might be some color in there?! That's weirdly my favorite part of the whole kit.

Thanks for the compliment, Yes i did paint the interior, i'll add a shot of the cockpit interior tomorrow.. when i hopefully get more done tonight (Lord Nurgle has been courting me and the family the last few days...)

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ pics

med_gallery_9146_7882_1284680.jpg med_gallery_9146_7882_20387.jpg

Edited by mithrilforge

Looking good! I used to think that anyone who painted the interiors of these models was a bit of a masochist. Now, I feel a certain kindred towards them. This looks great! I really like that you took the time to highlight those individual buttons/sensors: the red, "dont push" variety look especially good. Excellent work. Also, the paint on the exterior of the valk looks really smooth. Did you paint everything by hand or was there an airbrush involved?

Finally, I hope you have a plan for this model on the battlefield! What is she going to be transporting? I've had a lot of success dropping off my scions for a good turn one alpha strike but I do love a good bullgryn drop as well. Unfortunately with the recent nerf it's going to be a bit tougher to drop our big boys in for melee shenanigans. That said, I do hope this model still sees some game time!

Do make sure to post some battle reports.

Thanks E_A , 

All hand painted :sweat: , the cockpit has since had a coat of GW's version of RAF interior green(Nurgling green:ohmy.:

i don't really have a plan for the lady just yet :laugh.: ...although a squad of scions with melta's/Plasma might be on the cards !?!...

more updates tomorrow.

Cheers, Mithril 

The Valkyrie is beautifully painted. If you want to add a shark mouth, there should not be any red in the image you choose, so the shark mouth will stand out on the Valkyrie's red nose.

Thanks for the heads up/Tip and the praise :thumbsup: , I'll see what i can do with it :sweat: before i go all Selachimorpha on it !

although i had this idea which may work over the red... P40 Warhawk alternate shark's mouths (not the usual type we see)

med_gallery_9146_7882_101027.jpg

* It's between Type 2,4 or 6...I'm leaning towards Type 6, but the other Type's may still work !?...

Base coats are done (that i can see) so i"m doing all the Agrax recess washing at the moment :wacko.: so no pics today as it looks completely the same!

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

pics...

up close, still needs touch ups(note to self ,never try to paint white over red again :facepalm: )

med_gallery_9146_7882_1584257.jpg

And the "it looks better from further away"shot :laugh.:

med_gallery_9146_7882_442378.jpg

as i said,it still needs some tidying up and next ill have to work out the other side and also the mouth part across the front of the nose...

this was just a freehand go without much thought so i need to really be precise on the other side,actually the other side will probably take much longer :sweat: but at least i have a template to go from...

Oh...almost forgot !, i need to put an eye on there as well

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

This is looking really good! I'm going to be honest, when I looked at the chart you posted I wasn't sure that number 6 was my favorite option but you've proven me wrong. Excellent work.

Also, I feel your pain: painting white over other colors is really the worst. You can't tell that it caused any trouble though if that's any consolation.

@ duz_ 

Looks great!

Now make sure it's perfectly symmetrical!  

:dry.:  That's exactly what my mate said to me teasingly..:censored:  ...:biggrin.:

hopefully i'll try and get the other side done this weekend,... while your painting blue :tongue.:

Cheers, Mithril

That shark mouth adds a lot of character. All of a sudden I'm under the impression that your guardsmen are some certified WWII badasses™. Playing cards, cursing the damn Krauts, being manly, all that stuff Edited by ranulf the revenant