Canadian_F_H's admech and knights

Well. I guess I need to start this hobby log now!

I have a number of knights and admech models to build. I was putting them off then got the bug to build things. I've given some thought to the admech color scheme and such already, but am stumped for the knights.

First order of business, the back log of models to be built (nothing is finished being built yet so this log starts easy)

To be built

Knights!

2 questoris pattern (1 paladin kit, 1 warden kit)

2 armiger's (from forgebane)

Admech

Contents of "forgebane" and "start collecting)

Backstory?

I have been cramming all the factions I collect into a small war zone I've so far named after the region I've lived in. Formerly Acadia or Acadie (en français) and currently Acadiana or L'Acadiane (en français) and in keeping with the confusion of 40k lore it goes by all 4 names depending on who you are talking too.

In the region there are a handful of domains held by knight households that are loosely confederates by an alliance system typical of feudal societies. Aka marriages. They mostly share common heraldric colors and some iconography.

Schism. With an Imperial crusade attempting to reassert compliance on the region and a dark crusade attempting to subvert claim territory and steal resources. The houses are decided between those who foolishly wish to maintain neutral independence, those who see it wise to join the imperium and those who seek allies to drive the imperials from their systems.

So that being said, obviously I'm going to start a chaos aligned knight army in the future.

Oooh, this could be a nice idea, some elements of "old world" nobility, but with a pioneering and mercantile spirit of settlers and colonisation companies, combined together through Knights Questoris and AdMech explorators? I like this premise :tu:

Can we predict some blue and argent fleur-de-lys coming to this way soon?

I am considering taking inspiration from the colors and iconography of acadiana.

2000px-Flag_of_Acadiana.svg.png

Only for the knights tho. I have a specifica idea for the admech already that has nothing to do with the knight scheme.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

First knight built and primed.

kdZ2OyLt_o.png

None of the plates (primed white) are glued on, I just placed what I could for visual.

I ended up magnetizing the torso to the legs, and the head to the torso.

Debating just going all out bretonnia with my knights. The king's livery of red and blue. Assorted left over bretonnia bits and transfer sheets. Possibly even kitbash some feudal world militia to go with them. And the "renegade" knights could even go mousillon scheme and finally have an excuse to do an "undead" 40k army as militia for them... IDK. The gears turn faster than the hands, so we shall see...

Debating just going all out bretonnia with my knights. The king's livery of red and blue. Assorted left over bretonnia bits and transfer sheets. Possibly even kitbash some feudal world militia to go with them. And the "renegade" knights could even go mousillon scheme and finally have an excuse to do an "undead" 40k army as militia for them... IDK. The gears turn faster than the hands, so we shall see...

Just make sure to write down your ideas, that way you don't lose a good one when it comes and you can't act on it.

I've actually taken to documenting thoughts and ideas a lot more and more every year since I first made the effort to do so a few years back. The abundance of space we have to save data these days is insane! Which is an oddly admech thing to think about... Hmmm...

Well, it's kind of funny but this thread and finally starting on the knights I've hoarded, is largely thanks to kill team of all things. The joke about "kill team expansion:Titans" was brilliant. Then I thought about a special game where one player takes a sole Knight Armiger against somebody else using a stacked up killteam. Something like 175points vs the armiger. Then the thought went to what sort of special narrative missions could we come up with...

So yeah, got excited and built and primed an armiger in 2 days even when working 12 hours a day. So here I am.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I am considering taking inspiration from the colors and iconography of acadiana.

2000px-Flag_of_Acadiana.svg.png

Only for the knights tho. I have a specifica idea for the admech already that has nothing to do with the knight scheme.

You mean philippines?

• 2 weeks later...