First half of my updated DW army

Lifeafter

Taking this 1,000 points for a spin this weekend. I know it's not the most competitive build out there, but it's fun and I'm happy to be back in the game. Also, a lot of these bits are 10+ years old. So much metal and repurposed chaos on these boys! 

I first started painting deathwatch 10 years ago based off of a black and white pdf. So I didn't know that the DW shoulder pad was all silver. I painted the inside gold, like Grey Knights. I'm sticking with it. 

7mohPbV.jpg

I really like the shoulders with gold inside bordered by the silver like you did. :tu: I may steal that idea from you - it looks really sharp. 

(I'm sure each Watch Fortress can be a little unique in their markings no? :wink:

Good luck with your game and let us know the outcome! (I'm especially curious about how your drop pod works out for you - I've got gone base coated, but not sure if I should use it or not)

Yes, or a similar planet. I used to have my DW army on tan gravel bases back in the 25 mm days, and a painting judge at Adepticon one year told me that it didn't really match my scheme. He said a dark red would look better.  Rebasing to 35mm seemed the perfect opportunity to take his advice.