Need help with blood Angel's troops

CptSlambo

Hey there bolter and chainsword I've played off and on for a little while now love their fluff and look. I have the starting to an army but I'm looking to add to it. Really what I need to know is as far as filling out my troops for my battalion have interesssors taken over. If so do you do max squads or 5 mans? I generally play around 1500 point games. Also I dont really have much in the way of vehicles are the repulsers worth taking at all? Thank you for your feedback

Intercessors are really solid. Alternatively- scouts, cause they're cheap, have infiltrate, can reliably assault turn 1, have multiple wargear options.

I like running 2 units of scouts (1 dakka, 1 choppy) and a unit of Intercessors for my battalions.

Edited by Majkhel

I can just agree with the others. A really solid unit. They could be a few points cheaper still compared to other factions Troops, but they already are in the area where they are playable and do good work.

Alright so it's looking like I'm gonna have to load up on intercessors then. One other question the sanguinary priest in the codex cant take jump packs but the one in the index can, what's the rule with this do I have to use the codex as precident. Are sanguinary priests even worth taking anymore?

If the unit exists in the codex, but old wargear options for it only exist in the index, you can still use the codex datasheet with the index wargear, and points from the codex, codex faq or latest chapter approved (currently 2018) - whichever is the most recent - for the unit and wargear. The flowchart and examples are in the designers commentary (in the warhammer community 40k FAQ section). The indexes will presumably get invalidated for matched play at some point given the index-only options are no longer sold, but that could be years away, nobody knows.

BA definitely get more out of intercessors than most chapters and they're solid, though the new infiltrators from shadowspear (not yet released separately) are also looking good as a troops option that's a cross between scouts and intercessors. Scouts are good value for money - if you can live with the ancient models - and even tacticals as a 5 man squad with a lascannon can add some additional heavy firepower if you're light on that front.

Repulsors are rather overpriced for what they do, but some people have made them work.

If your curious, I've had a lot of success running double battalion/brigade with 4 squads of 5 scouts (2 bolters 2 ccw) and 2 squads of 6 intercessors.

Use the intercessors to push forward into the midfield objectives, use scouts to disrupt the enemies units trying to do the same.

Intercessors with the new bolter rules put out *decent* firepower if they get to stand still in cover on an objective for how annoying they can be to remove.

I find Scouts to be our best option. Intercessors are good, but honestly with troops you want to maximise the number of command points you get for the smallest points cost because our best units lie elsewhere in the codex and you need to have enough points to spend on them. I run 2 battalions each with 3 Scout Squads plus a vanguard detachment and so far it's done very well for me. Again, the fewer points you drop on troops, the more points you can spend on things like Slam Captains, Death Company, our special dreadnoughts, Sanguinary Guard etc. That's my view anyway.

I usually run dual Battalion at 1500 points with 2 squads each of Intercessors, Tacticals and CCW/pistol Scouts. I feel the Tacticals tend to under-perform compared to the Scouts and Intercessors but the extra heavy weapons can be worthwhile for things like Hellfire and Flakk Missile stratagems (Heavy Bolter and Missile Launcher respectively).

There has been much debate on the merits of the new Infiltrators that have been introduced in Shadowspear. They are roughly a cross between Intercessors and Scouts. My personal feeling is they look interesting but are a bit pricey at the moment. Most Primaris squads got cheaper after they were released so I will wait and see. If they come down to under 20 points per model, I could be tempted.

I usually run dual Battalion at 1500 points with 2 squads each of Intercessors, Tacticals and CCW/pistol Scouts. I feel the Tacticals tend to under-perform compared to the Scouts and Intercessors but the extra heavy weapons can be worthwhile for things like Hellfire and Flakk Missile stratagems (Heavy Bolter and Missile Launcher respectively).

I agree that Tactical Marines bring flexibility with heavy weapons, but it's worth remembering that Scouts can also take both Heavy Bolters and Missile Launchers. Also thanks to Concealed Positions they're much better at getting into good firing positions to use them properly.