BSB Speculation

ERJAK

Since the board has been pretty dead lately and since there's a new Battle Sister Bulletin coming on Monday, I figured it might be interesting to put up some ideas on what is coming next.

So far we've had Iconography, rules feedback, characters, Seraphim, Vehicle details, fluff, and painting the first plastic sister.

So, my guesses in order of likelyhood are: 1. detailing how/when the new plastic sister is coming out (and possibly giving some small hint as to the larger release.) 2. Talking about rules again (if the release is any earlier than october the Codex pretty much has to be done by now, and it'll be in its final stages if it isn't. 3. Teasing something new. A partial siloutte combined with talking about areas where the SoB unit selection is lacking.

Honestly I don't expect anything interesting or exciting to be bulletined until closer to the date. Reckon we might get some stuff in the meantime about the kind of paper coders are printed on or maybe talk about the day to day routine of a battle sister.

No rules or other interesting stuff till September at least.

Kind of the same mind as Atrus.  I will admit that while GW has been giving us far more than they have for any other new codex, well, ever.  There hasn't really been anything revealed so far that gives us anything on what the new rules or possible units will be like.  I appreciated the BSB about the feedback they got from the Beta, but I would love to see more about what changes if any they are actually looking at.  A glimpse of possible new units would be nice as well.

Though honestly just a small blurb telling everyone the Beta was a mistake and to continue using the Index list instead would be fine for me...….

The thing is, I don't really know what useless nonsense they have left to talk about. They already covered 'painting black power armor BUT WITH BOOBS!' and 'Lore everyone already knew plus a tyranid invasion that didn't matter.'

Pretty much everything that's left has to be at least somewhat interesting.

The reveal that we were getting plastic Penitent Engines was HUGE. Plastic seraphim were always likely because, but we know for sure we're getting them. So maybe they could confirm Repentia?

I'd like to see them address the Ministorum components of the army too, and let us know whether we'll ever be able to field a ministorum detachment that isn't a spearhead.

They could also confirm that sisters will become part of Kill Team and / or Blackstone (They kind of have, because we know there's a new Blackstone Crusader model on the way).

Also, they announced at the convention that the character model they've been showing off will be available early, and they said "stay tuned because we'll tell you how you can get it soon," but they never did tell us. If I was in charge of their marketing, this is what I would announce. The half-life on advertising is short; if you drop it too soon, it fades to competing announcements and all the hype is wasted. I think they probably held back a bit with sisters announcements at the con so they'd have something for the bulletin.

Managed to put together 9 of 12 resin repentia from wargames exclusive; two more to build; unfortunately one broke while I was trying to assemble. Sorry for the rambling segue. 

We won’t get model previews until they are up for pre order...

However IF they do a Sisters bulletin on a bank holiday then I expect it to either be something out of the following

1, make up of an order militant

2, focus on an order militant so people can start guessing if they order rules have stayed they same

3, the totally not men under arms side of the church such as crusaders...

4, a look the penitents

Glad to be wrong :)

Model looks great. Just not sure what's happening with the chest area there. Couple different looks there, both smooth- which is different to the current metal ranges raised line over centre of each "breast". Not sure if I dislike it or if it's just different to what I've seen to nearly 20 years.

Armour cherub, cool.

Finally looking forward to the next bulletin.

Glad to be wrong :smile.:

Model looks great. Just not sure what's happening with the chest area there. Couple different looks there, both smooth- which is different to the current metal ranges raised line over centre of each "breast". Not sure if I dislike it or if it's just different to what I've seen to nearly 20 years.

Armour cherub, cool.

It looks to me like her robes cover her entire torso, rather than just the waist and sleeves like previous models.

That may be, hopefully there is an option to model them either way. I don't particularly care for the robe over armor look as its shown on the Retributor.

The render kind of looks like its a 25mm base to me. She would be huge if that is a 32mm base.

For me I am more interested in the scale compared to the old metals. Beyond that, it will come down to new units, if any. The rhino changes look ace, and I will likely be picking up a bunch. The rest, well nothing has screamed "replace the models you've collected for the last 22 years".

That may be, hopefully there is an option to model them either way. I don't particularly care for the robe over armor look as its shown on the Retributor.

The render kind of looks like its a 25mm base to me. She would be huge if that is a 32mm base.

For me I am more interested in the scale compared to the old metals. Beyond that, it will come down to new units, if any. The rhino changes look ace, and I will likely be picking up a bunch. The rest, well nothing has screamed "replace the models you've collected for the last 22 years".

'They're plastic!' Screams pretty loudly to me lol.

But I like being able to tell my case apart just by the weight!

But I like being able to tell my case apart just by the weight!

OH my god, I totally forgot that I might actually be able to carry my case around with 1 hand now.

Glad to be wrong :smile.:

Armour cherub, cool.

They are simply wearing some kind of cloth or dress. I like it because makes Retributor a bit more different to a basic Battle Sister other than carring an heavy weapon.

Bully for you guys. I don't fancy replacing 300+ painted models. If I was starting new or had a much smaller collection I would be prepared to go crazy too.

Just hope the scale matches, if not...

Bully for you guys. I don't fancy replacing 300+ painted models. If I was starting new or had a much smaller collection I would be prepared to go crazy too.

Do a new army with a new color scheme. You know you want to do that!

Do a new army with a new color scheme. You know you want to do that!

You'll probably want to just based on the rules tbh. The order convictions are designed to work together(OOML and EC complement each other and BR goes with everything), it's just that AoF's suck so much that no one cares about mixing and matching.

If they fix AoFs we're most likely gonna want at least 2 color schemes to differentiate the convictions.

I agree the Retributor looks a bit off, mostly for lack of detailing on the breastplate. Fortunately for me I have no qualms about just buying more of the metal heavy weapons and leaving the plastic ones to those who like the new sculpts!