BSB Speculation

ERJAK

So... release speculation.

Are you expecting a big box as the initial release?  Something like Shadowspear, where we get a collection of some of the new units, but when the standard boxes release we'll see that not all options were available in the big box.  That release stratagey seems to encourage people scooping up the initial release and also gets them excited about picking up the new standard boxes.

Who do you think will be the other side of that big box?  With Dark Angels Primaris scheduled to feature in the next white dwarf, do you think this could be the rumored Lion themed big box?  Could we see a Bike & TDA themed Primaris matched up with Sisters.  I'm pretty sure GW would sell out the entire run in a couple of hours no matter what the price.

Sisters vs. Necrons

Sisters and traitor guard would be a good match. 

Rereleasing Sisters and GSC were GW miracles for me- if it hadn't actually happened, I would never have believed it. For that reason, I'll dream one bigger than traitor guard:

Emperor's Children.

Now technically, traitor guard would be more fluffy- CSM are Heretics, sure, but they aren't what I think of when I think of the most typical enemies the sisters would be likely to face. I always saw them as dealing with cultists and rogue psykers. 

I am very disappointed in the new Kill Team box, because I had expected that to be used as a Sisters vehicle. 40k will probably be a cooler box if they do it- they've put larger than just infantry models in 40k boxes, and we can dream, right?

Also, as for speculation on whether or not we get new models, I am hoping for a Flyer and a Superheavy. I also really want a repressor in the dex with a plastic kit to support it. Given that they've released Apocalypse, I can see them wanting to get Sisters into that game space too, and if the sisters flyer is just the old Forgeworld Lightning in shiny new GW plastic, they could release rules for using it in guard armies too- it would put sales through the frickin roof.

I'm going to maintain faith and optimism. I think the Beta dex was bad on purpose; they knew the index was good, and they couldn't take risks because the bar was too high. So they release a terrible Beta to drop the bar. Really, it can't be worse than the beta. Will it be as good as the index? Well, it isn't likely to give us back double move or double shoot, but I think it will be a vast improvement on what we've got now.

Scale is an issue- I wanted to doubt it too, but I picked up that first plastic sister at last, and she's pretty big compared to metal. And I'm not crazy about the repentia either. But that aside, I've liked everything we've seen so far. I get that most people wanted a battle canoness, but I kinda like the ceremonial garb; I also think there's high potential for more than one build. Same with folks whose biggest complaint about the hospitaler is the book- I'm sure it's REALLY easy to not use it.

I sold off my sisters years ago because I was particularly bored of being ignored for whatever FOTM SM codex might come out. Last year when they previewed the little sisters trailer, I was ecstatic. 28 weeks after "Spoilers" start coming out, I'm off the hype train, band wagon, whatever you want to call it. I played sisters for years and I can't begin to even think about picking them up again after this BSB series. Unless the rules are absolutely phenomenal, which 99% chance they won't be, there's zero reason to reinvest

Cool story bro.

I sold off my sisters years ago because I was particularly bored of being ignored for whatever FOTM SM codex might come out. Last year when they previewed the little sisters trailer, I was ecstatic. 28 weeks after "Spoilers" start coming out, I'm off the hype train, band wagon, whatever you want to call it. I played sisters for years and I can't begin to even think about picking them up again after this BSB series. Unless the rules are absolutely phenomenal, which 99% chance they won't be, there's zero reason to reinvest

Cool story bro.

Thanks, bro.

Ugh. Texting with a friend about the Hospitaller just made me realize how bad Apothecaries are right now, and how much worse Hospitallers are.

30 points for S3, T3, 2A, WS4+, BS3+ but no access to guns, a 6++ that can only be improved to a 5++ through Celestine, can only benefit from the auras of a Dialogus or Ministorum units, and no access to Order Convictions for the model.

For +20 points you get +1S, +1T, +1A, an additional +1A from using a chainsword, an additional +1 when Shock Assault triggers,+1WS, a bolt pistol, Chapter Tactics, Combat Doctrines, and the ability to benefit from auras from your other characters.

And you missed where you can get the same healing effect on a 3+ when spending an act of faith.....

So they need to do something with her rules or gamers* won’t buy the model as there no point she’ll never be in a list!

*collectors/ completists, and modellers will because she’s a cool model

And you missed where you can get the same healing effect on a 3+ when spending an act of faith.....

So they need to do something with her rules or gamers* won’t buy the model as there no point she’ll never be in a list!

Also no one is likely to buy multiples.

Unless I'm mistkaen, you can still combo them together, so you can bring back 2 a turn. Which isn't bad -- especially in smaller games it turns a squad pretty hard to kill. I know that when 8th dropped, in the 3000 pt per side team games I played (1000pts each) my hospitallier and imagifier would usually make my Dominions' with stormbolters incredibly resilient in cover, to the point where they were surviving full games against Vultures.

The post announcing her also said quite clearly that she has full Sororitas power armour. That will make quite a difference to her survivability on the field.

Unless I'm mistkaen, you can still combo them together, so you can bring back 2 a turn. Which isn't bad -- especially in smaller games it turns a squad pretty hard to kill. I know that when 8th dropped, in the 3000 pt per side team games I played (1000pts each) my hospitallier and imagifier would usually make my Dominions' with stormbolters incredibly resilient in cover, to the point where they were surviving full games against Vultures.

Agreed you can...point was you can get a more reliable save without spending the 30 points

The post announcing her also said quite clearly that she has full Sororitas power armour. That will make quite a difference to her survivability on the field.

How? She already has a 3+ save :(. I read that purely as she now modelled in power armour instead of what ever the old model had

I admit that I haven't played sisters in a long time and wasnt sure of her save. If she has a 3+ currently then I retract my statement...

Seeing glimpses of the new Repentia and they look much, much better painted up. Still not sold on the outfits but I spied at least one wearing a giant bit of scripture so it's not all lost.
 Also surprised to see the mistress of repentance returning in exactly the same guise, just even whippier. The over-the-shoulder robes seem to be a new design element they've introduced.

I will be the first to admit that I have been getting exceedingly salty and jaded recently. The whole marine dex(s) recently has been a particularly rage inducing topic...

But I really needed this. All that venom and seething negativity just evaporated the moment I saw the picture of that box and the date. Legit, a weight off my shoulders.

Seeing these girls actually in colour got me smiling and something I didn't think would happen...it got me excited!

Even the repentia look better. Still not happy with them, but paint has helped. Maybe they can find a home in a penitent engine :p

That Mistress look freaking boss!

I'm glad to see this. Glad to have a date.

Now just waiting to see some rules that spill this excitement into outright levels of reckless financial abandon.