BSB Speculation

ERJAK

BSB #15 ended with "We’ll see you in a couple of weeks with another bulletin in which we’ll be taking a look at the first finished example from the upcoming fleet of Adepta Sororitas vehicles! "

We might see some infantry if they have a game table shot.

I 'm going to try and get Escalation today so I can see if they got Gotfret de Montbard's keywords right. They didn't quite with Pious or Knosso, so I'm not terribly optimistic, but that would round out a battle conclave. I too am eager to see how much of an update the Eclessiarchy gets. 

thinking about this in the PA thread.... we havent seen about half the beta codex units in new model form yet..

so whats peoples expectations that after the box is released in November we wont actually get the standard codex & individual units etc released until next year?

mine guess /view is thats their plan now....

Edited by Slasher956

thinking about this in the PA thread.... we havent seen about half the beta codex units in new model form yet..

so whats peoples expectations that after the box is released in November we wont actually get the standard codex & individual units etc released until next year?

mine guess /view is thats their plan now....

I think everything will be available before year's end. Its still at least a month and a half before the Sisters release so I have no concern that they haven't previewed all the models.

If the Celestians are going to have a unique weapon loadout then they may finally get their own box. 

I'm hoping that we'll see a sword & shield Canoness, or perhaps a Palatine, from that art they featured last week. That would be cool.

Edited by Montford

trouble is if they release anything else in November (or before!), whats the point in them releasing the box?  And making a point of the fact that they are releasing that box?  If they release everything else December you hit the XMAS sales ... and therefore the shelf, shipping and storage spaces...

We've seen bits of everything except for the dialogus, arcos, and priests in one form or another (albeit the style of crusaders and death cultists via blackstone). The new demios-style vehicles are next up and the new arco style was previewed in the image a week back.

trouble is if they release anything else in November (or before!), whats the point in them releasing the box?  And making a point of the fact that they are releasing that box?  If they release everything else December you hit the XMAS sales ... and therefore the shelf, shipping and storage spaces...

The point is that literally no one has plastic sisters of battle to build off of and the number of people who play sisters is very small. This could be them hedging their bets. Release a discounted box set of the codex and basically a 'Start Collecting' that gets people interested in starting SoB through the door.

Because without this box set the vast majority of people interested in plastic sisters(because of how small the amount of people who actually play/own sisters is) would be forced to lay down 500+$ immediately out of the gate just to get a playable force(standard double battalion of 6 troop boxes and 4 characters would come out to 440$). If they stick with the 50$ per kit, 35$ per character model, a 2000pt sisters army could be as much as 1000$ usd, and you'd have to throw that down basically all at once unless you're one of the 40ish people in the world who own SoB armies.

But will the box set save money? It will include a limited edition codex, which will both increase the price of the box and make it uneconomical to buy more than one set (unless the discount is massive).

It'll almost certainly be a discount on the codex+models. I think people are really overestimating how 'limited edition' the limited edition codex will be (my guess is a grayscale cover like the box art instead of the blue of the actual picture).

They need a 'first hit's free' to kick off the line and this is a great way to do that.

I'm guessing we won't see anymore releases till next year. When Dark Eldar were released the did a set of initial releases (Kabalites, Wyches, Jetbikes, Raider) in November, but held everything else back for January, February and March. No December release for the army at all. I bet that will be what happens here. 

another question is... when will they sell the card pack?

with the 'army box' that, by our calculations of contents, isnt a legal formation or in Jan?

Perfectly legal Patrol Detachment is it not?

I would be very surprised not to see card or some other shiny in the box.

Edit:

Hope to see an AoF feature soon. Been reading Celestine recently and the book seems to explore some effects of prayers with sisters and gets me thinking what will be done. Whether a dual system of faith and prayers?

Edited by Atrus

New BSB confirms the new Rhino is the standard rhino with a new upgrade sprue. Exorcist and Immolators in a different BSB. Cool bits, though the relic sword seems dumb strapped to a tank. Cool Bretonnia bit though.

No word on Repressors, no word on new tank units. BSB continues to drag on... Test of Faith?

Edited by dracpanzer

Taking odds on mondays reveal.

1:1 They show the rhino Immolator and exorcist.

2:1 They show the big 3 with an option they didn't have before.

10:1 they show plastic repressors.

25:1 They show an entirely new vehicle unit.

100:1 the new unit is a flyer.

So Erjak doesnt payout.... as none of those options actually happened!

... in fact they did 1/3 of of one option...

:teehee: