BSB Speculation

ERJAK

I agree the Retributor looks a bit off, mostly for lack of detailing on the breastplate. Fortunately for me I have no qualms about just buying more of the metal heavy weapons and leaving the plastic ones to those who like the new sculpts!

That's actually my hope. Sadly, instead of dropping in price they will probably increase.

That's probably the biggest consideration for new models. They're not going to move if they stay at their current price. I'm hoping the price will drop in half to be in line with other lines (AUD pricing sad face)

I'm picking up as many metal sis as possible before the plastics come out. I want to have options.

I have no doubt GW will give some unique options to plastics to make us buy them.

Wait until AFTER the plastics come out. They'll be a lot cheaper.

That's probably the biggest consideration for new models. They're not going to move if they stay at their current price. I'm hoping the price will drop in half to be in line with other lines (AUD pricing sad face)

Battle Sister Squads are 100% going to be 60USD. Everything else will go up and down from there.

Still, that's 20$ cheaper than a 10girl squad now so.

10 tactical marines in AU currently sell for $65 and a squad of 10 bss sell for $140.

Guess which one. If they come in same price as tactical, the saving is a wee more than $20 here :)

10 tactical marines in AU currently sell for $65 and a squad of 10 bss sell for $140.

Guess which one. If they come in same price as tactical, the saving is a wee more than $20 here :)

Meh, try using real money.

Also, we may not be getting any more BSBs, the last one was the first one not to mention 'in a fortnights time' and it's 11:06 EST and still no BSB.

Edited by ERJAK

I really hope they keep them going, I think it's our best shot of seeing any new units or even some rules in the next few months as release gets closer. Plus to only do 8 after multiple articles promising that right up until release we would be able to see the background process feels cheap and half-assed. Don't finally do something for the community and then just stop.

I like still seeing the BSB, but this is the third or fourth one showcasing that model that we have already seen. Every time it comes up again instead of something new I feel a little spot of disappointment :sad.:

Yes, here's hoping the update on the 24th isn't 'You can now buy this next week!'

Oooo thrilling. She comes with the stats for a superior?! Wow, can't wait to see that M6 BS3 WS3/4 S3 T3 W1 A2 Ld8 on another piece of paper.

I may be wrong but I can't recall any named character in 8th that does not have some sort of special rule, hopefully therefore this Sister Superior will have one, so it makes sense to include a data sheet. I note that it said the data sheet was for a squad, so if there is a special rule involved it will affect the entire squad. 

Had I the choice I would want a +1 to hit. If not that then rerolling failed hits in Overwatch.

Edited by Montford

Oooo thrilling. She comes with the stats for a superior?! Wow, can't wait to see that M6 BS3 WS3/4 S3 T3 W1 A2 Ld8 on another piece of paper.

I may be wrong but I can't recall any named character in 8th that does not have some sort of special rule, hopefully therefore this Sister Superior will have one, so it makes sense to include a data sheet. I note that it said the data sheet was for a squad, so if there is a special rule involved it will affect the entire squad. 

Had I the choice I would want a +1 to hit. If not that then rerolling failed hits in Overwatch.

Erm....Canoness Veridyan wants a word with you......

:p

Erm....Canoness Veridyan wants a word with you......

:tongue.:

Veridyan had rules when she came out, and I sit corrected that they have not been carried over into 8th. :) 

Edited by Montford

Kinda annoyed they're releasing this first mini with the art print. I hope it's only for the first batch, because I reckon the cost will be like $30+ with the print. I've no need for the print personally so I'd rather not pay extra because of it. GW's single minis are way too expensive as it is.

Kinda annoyed they're releasing this first mini with the art print. I hope it's only for the first batch, because I reckon the cost will be like $30+ with the print. I've no need for the print personally so I'd rather not pay extra because of it. GW's single minis are way too expensive as it is.

It was always going to cost 35USD. That's standard character price.

It was always going to cost 35USD. That's standard character price.

Was the price mentioned somewhere? Because I figured the print would indeed raise the price. And as for "standard character price" - well, I guess a lot of the new stuff is that cost now that I think about it, the older stuff is much less. Frickin' price creep. But what sucks is that this isn't even an actual character, rather just a Sister Superior with nothing special about it except the cool model.

All of the infantry characters for GSC were $25.  Also all of the Primaris Lieutenants have been $30, except for the one that Abbaddon is standing on.  So $35 is hardly the standard.  The price range is currently $25 to $60 for characters.

We can rule out the $60 right off the bat, because she is no where near that beefy.

The question comes down to what is the size of her frame?  GSC character ($25), Primaris Lieutenant ($30), or Primaris Apothecary ($35)

Hold on a second, its my understanding that this model isn't a Character at all? But just a basic troop leader with a fluff name?

Essentially she's the same stats as the squad leader that will be in the boxed squads when they're finally released. $25 or $35 for one fifth of a quad - ouch.

It really is a shame that the poster model for the new range wasn't an actual character. I'd see a lot more value in that. 

To quote my self from a club chat on the subject of the SisSup.

I see this girl more as a case of heres some cool art work lets change it in to a concept model for the CAD work so we can show off all the cool design parts of the models, and they've only released it because people are asking for it... so they've squeezed it in as a special release..  a 2 birds one stone sort of thing... "oh people are asking for this model, they dont want more primaris lts and we need a special model for WH day"

edit - to make clear the chat was one of the club complaining that the pose was boring and static...

Edited by Slasher956

All of the infantry characters for GSC were $25. Also all of the Primaris Lieutenants have been $30, except for the one that Abbaddon is standing on. So $35 is hardly the standard. The price range is currently $25 to $60 for characters.

We can rule out the $60 right off the bat, because she is no where near that beefy.

The question comes down to what is the size of her frame? GSC character ($25), Primaris Lieutenant ($30), or Primaris Apothecary ($35)

Sorry, 'special release character price'

Yunno, for the pedants.